Putin signs law to curb smoking, tobacco sales in Russia

This pretty well destroys the Myth of second hand smoke:

Lungs from pack-a-day smokers safe for transplant, study finds.

By JoNel Aleccia, Staff Writer, NBC News.

Using lung transplants from heavy smokers may sound like a cruel joke, but a new study finds that organs taken from people who puffed a pack a day for more than 20 years are likely safe.

What’s more, the analysis of lung transplant data from the U.S. between 2005 and 2011 confirms what transplant experts say they already know: For some patients on a crowded organ waiting list, lungs from smokers are better than none.

“I think people are grateful just to have a shot at getting lungs,” said Dr. Sharven Taghavi, a cardiovascular surgical resident at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, who led the new study………………………

Ive done the math here and this is how it works out with second ahnd smoke and people inhaling it!

The 16 cities study conducted by the U.S. DEPT OF ENERGY and later by Oakridge National laboratories discovered:

Cigarette smoke, bartenders annual exposure to smoke rises, at most, to the equivalent of 6 cigarettes/year.

146,000 CIGARETTES SMOKED IN 20 YEARS AT 1 PACK A DAY.

A bartender would have to work in second hand smoke for 2433 years to get an equivalent dose.

Then the average non-smoker in a ventilated restaurant for an hour would have to go back and forth each day for 119,000 years to get an equivalent 20 years of smoking a pack a day! Pretty well impossible ehh!

Feb 25, 2013 8:25am EST  --  Report as abuse
BobStreb wrote:

Putin, NYC mayor Bloomberg-style megalomania on a national level. We pray for meteors to be more accurate in their targeting.

Feb 25, 2013 10:08am EST  --  Report as abuse
COindependent wrote:

@ Bob I was thinking the exact same thing (Bloomberg, Putin, Obama…)

The political elitists think we are all a bunch of cretins and must legislate every aspect our daily lives; while at the same time have enough confidence in us to find out way to work so we can pay their ever-increasing taxes and levies.

After the last national election, all indicators = correct.

Feb 25, 2013 2:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CITADEL4U wrote:

GOOD FOR RUSSIA!

I totally agree. This action will save millions of Russian lives.
I don’t often agree with Putin; but this time I do!!

Feb 25, 2013 2:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CITADEL4U wrote:

GOOD FOR RUSSIA!

I totally agree. This action will save millions of Russian lives.
I don’t often agree with Putin; but this time I do!!

Feb 25, 2013 2:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse
StephanGregor wrote:

Tobacco and Vodka are sacrosanct to the Russian people. Vladimir Putin has been enjoying great popularity for reasons that elude me, but finally he has made a mistake.

Feb 25, 2013 3:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mmilesll wrote:

What will Russians do, all they usually do is drink and smoke and now with fearless leader taking away smoking-big problems.

Feb 25, 2013 4:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Now the Bloomturd will not run for King of NYC again, perhaps Putin will!

Feb 25, 2013 4:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NeilMcGowan wrote:

@harleyrider

You wanna know the danger of second-hand smoke? The danger is this – you come and blow your smoke so I have to breath it, AND I WILL CAVE YOUR SKULL IN. Got that?

Feb 26, 2013 2:35am EST  --  Report as abuse