Boston bomb suspect spotted on video, no arrest made

JaneLR wrote:

“…worst attack in the country since the 2001…” I thought that foreign involvement was not suspected. The Newtown shootings of 2012.

Apr 16, 2013 8:35pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
gnggrn wrote:

I find it highly suspicious that these authorities know what color bags were used!don’t you?.

Apr 16, 2013 9:33pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
gnggrn wrote:

Apr 16, 2013 9:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sukebe wrote:

Jane, it says ‘in’ the country, not ‘on’ or ‘to’.

Apr 16, 2013 10:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
GodBless wrote:

Thanks, Aaron Pressman and Scott Malone for delivering us the news that is at least 9 hours old. Go internets! Good “investigatory” skill!

Apr 16, 2013 10:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
tenbkmeterz wrote:

JaneLR: The article says “the worst bombings” not “attacks”. Bombings.

Apr 16, 2013 10:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dakotacountry wrote:

Terrible thing to have happened, so many hurting.. Looks like we need to ban these bombs that hurt so many.

Apr 16, 2013 10:40pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dakotacountry wrote:

Terrible thing to have happened, so many hurting.. Looks like we need to ban these bombs, that hurt so many.

Apr 16, 2013 11:01pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
CharlesElliot wrote:

Are people honestly trying to spin this horrific event into a political statement about something completely unrelated?

Apr 17, 2013 2:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Invictuss wrote:

they may find some condoms and gum as well and passports of the terrorists like in 9/11 lollololol

Apr 17, 2013 3:32am EDT  --  Report as abuse
wildknives wrote:

No I dont find it suspicious at all. If there is enough of the bomb left to see what kind of battery was used, I would imagine that fabric would be easy. Oh and as to the light colored bag, if you look at the two photos, you will see that the fence is blown toward the street. if the light colored bag was a device the fence would have been blown back. Not to mention the damage to the mailbox (?)would have been much worse. The people on the right in the photo would have been hurt as much as they were. My prayers to the people of Boston, the injured and their families.

Apr 17, 2013 7:11am EDT  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

I am still trying to get over the stupidity of the garbage cans so close to the event. I was at a large event just a month ago and the few large garbage containers (which you could look into and away from the crowds) had a cop standing next to them to make sure someone did not plant a bomb in them. One of the Homeland Security warnings and danger areas in police training after 9-11 has been garbage conatiners near crowds.
Somebody blew it with security at the Boston Marathon.

Apr 17, 2013 7:28am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Persaud wrote:

You people do realize that the comment about the bombings is comparing the marathon bombing to 9/11. And last I checked 9/11 weren’t bombings. It’s trying to connect the two acts of terrorism to Muslims and skipping everything in between.

Apr 17, 2013 7:44am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Geek3k wrote:

Why do I get the feeling the timers were set at Pacific time zone? Surely, the biggest crowd would be there to see the first to cross the finish line

Apr 17, 2013 7:48am EDT  --  Report as abuse
psittacid wrote:

I hope people will join me. After today, I will not pay any attention to this. It’s right to mourn, but we have to quite giving the b@$tard who did this what he wants.

Apr 17, 2013 7:52am EDT  --  Report as abuse
NorthernLight wrote:

People who point fingers at political parties before any solid findings are like school in July… no class. If you look through history, every major political party has had a “member” that has done something horrific. Regardless of who this turns out to be, and what they believe, it’s a horrible act. For your sake I hope it’s not someone from your political party because that would be ironic.. Gifford’s shooter anyone? [Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007 as "left wing, quite liberal,"].

Apr 17, 2013 7:53am EDT  --  Report as abuse
captainjohann wrote:

When the Indian Mujahadeen a group aligned with al Queda was using Pressure cookers, tiffin boxes and cycles, none thought they will be used in america.But terror has no borders and the maximum casualties is the prime objective and Indian bomb attacks in Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi and now Bangalore are all less sophisticated but still do creat terror.This is what America must concentrate now.

Apr 17, 2013 8:23am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Angela1207 wrote:

We can never tell when and where danger will strike, who would that be and what would they look like. We could also never know how will they hurt us. So all we need to do is to be prepared because everyone could be their victim. Good thing I heard about this service while surfing in the internet, I get myself right away after reading the features of safekidzone.

Apr 17, 2013 8:52am EDT  --  Report as abuse
artvet2 wrote:

Benghazi was U.S. soil.

Apr 17, 2013 9:06am EDT  --  Report as abuse
AlfredReaud wrote:

@gnggrn, no offense, but you have to look past your eyes. Look at (pic 4/28) and you can see the strap stuck to the pressure cooker, which is a Farro brand (pic 5/28).

Apr 17, 2013 9:19am EDT  --  Report as abuse
VonHell wrote:

Terrorism= terror… fear of the unexpected…
I think this became the definition of terrorist attack when the authorities said they had no clue it would happen… and i believe no one thinks or should think about going to watch the marathon, game or any public event only after dogs sniffed everything… or if there are garbage cans near you… the same way they shouldn’t have to get outside worried about robbery, kidnapping, rape, volence, etc… what kind of life is that?…
Stop or prevent this type of thing – some guy making a non sophisticated bomb with gunpowder and scraps of metal is more difficult than trying to stop the drug lords from bring in thousands of tons of drugs to US each year… even if the gov knows the names and adresses of the drug lords, etc…
And since terrorism is also a political tool… we should think a bit about why they are here… which pieces they are moving on the political chessboard…
Candidates are plenty: Al Qaeda- recently rearmed together with rebels in Lybia and Syria… training in North Africa and making money by kidnaping foreigners…or some guy revolted about the hardship brought by globalization and unemployment or some far right extremist worried by the prospect of gun control or defense cuts… or just some nuts armed to the teeth…
What worries me is the best the US gov can do usually is adopting expensive and intrusive “inspections” , “procedures”, “surveillance”, bullying the people… eventually the FBI uncovering some “Jane Jihad” or other err teenager masterminded “plot” via social websites… so people would have a false sense of security… like they have the false sense that the gov is stoping thousands of tons of drugs entering US, or illegal migration…
or worse … making some reckless foreign policy that would end in more wars, resentment , more guns and terrorists… and the eternal suffering of the innocents.
My prayers to them…

Apr 17, 2013 9:39am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ChainSmoke wrote:

I don’t see the outcry for blaming the pressure cooker like they do with guns and what hypocrites the democrats are that the Benghazi cover-up was not seen for what it was. I heard McCain say that anyone that bombs innocent civilians is a terrorist, with all the drone strikes on the people of foreign countries and the list is long I’m sure they could say Americans are the terrorists. Our political system is a joke, it’s a shame. Better wake up before it’s too late, it may already be

Apr 17, 2013 10:00am EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeyLikesIt wrote:

@Talleyrand02

I’ll only make one reply to a leftist troll today because it’s getting quite boring.

The 9/11 attacks happened 8 months after Bush took office. They had been training in America for much longer than that which means this also happened under Clinton’s watch. The US was also attacked multiple times under Clinton (USS Cole, Kobar Towers, African Embassies, 1st World Trade Center bombing) and Clinton did nothing.

Do you know which group is responsible for the most bombings on American soil? It isn’t “Right Wing Extremists” it isn’t even Muslims. No, it’s left wing extremists. In particular it’s environmental activists groups.

So while you’re sreaming about “Teabaggers”, quagmires and 9/11 you might want to look at the history of your own people and realize that the pot is once again calling the kettle black.

Also every single mass shooter in recent history has been a registered democrat or (in the case of the under age Columbine shooters) lived in liberal households. Every. Single. One.

Apr 17, 2013 10:19am EDT  --  Report as abuse
NorthernLight wrote:

@VonHell

Well said. There are a large amount of possible terrorist profiles here, it could be anyone. That’s the point of terrorism, to instil fear that it could be your neighbor. When that happens, people concede all kinds of rights so they can rest assured the government is handling it. Well, they can’t. That’s the plain truth of the matter. I stay aware, I speak out against these acts, I live to be the opposite of this fear. I will not be a pawn in the goals of this terrorist’s plan. Whatever they want; to be a media sensation, rights to be stripped away with government encroachment, or just to unsettle millions of people, they will not succeed on me. I will go on living like I did yesterday and the day before, because they have no power over me.

Apr 17, 2013 10:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

@Mikey

If you haven’t already, take a look at this guy:

42,000 pounds of C-4 sold to the Libyans under Q-daffy via the CIA. Cole, Kobar, Africa, Lockerbie, all C-4, and I suspect CIA C-4, and that is NOT conspiracy theory, much of it came out at his trial. Know that somewhere in Libya is a lot of stuff, and suddenly Benghazi looks different. Even the pathetic cretin Susan Rice could have been part of a cover story.

Check on Denver in 2010, when the head of the state Dems went public denouncing an attack at a D campaign building, blamed it on the Teas, and it turned out to be a left wing splinter group.

My take is Boston is domestic, probably solo, and mentally ill.

Apr 17, 2013 10:55am EDT  --  Report as abuse
moshej wrote:

No stone must be left unturned. Which includes taking a look at any groups that have set off bombs in Boston before. One that springs to mind is the JDL (Jewish Defense League); they bombed a target in Boston in the 1980s.

Apr 17, 2013 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Mxgranger wrote:

If the bag debris and the zipper in the photos are from the bag that carried the bomb, the bomber was carrying a black Fox Racing brand bag.

Apr 17, 2013 11:31am EDT  --  Report as abuse
FrankTrades wrote:

Pressure cookers, nylon bags and shrapnel are yesterday’s news.

Who are the suspects and where are they and when will their drones arrive.

- an Impatient Bostonian

Apr 17, 2013 11:55am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Pauly1651 wrote:

Doesn’t help to rant at each other or try to understand how it was done.
The world is becoming full of hate filled people who have turned their collective backs on God’s law, and our country’s laws. The heart of man is wicked, always has been, and always will be, until the prince of Peace comes back, then we will see the BIG change happen.

Apr 17, 2013 12:02pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
simian wrote:

” gnggrn wrote:
they found the shredded bags. quit listening to alex jones and pay attention to the facts.

Apr 17, 2013 12:08pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ChangeWhat wrote:

Aren’t there cameras on the streets at intersections in Boston? There are tens of thousands in NY and they work well when dishing out tickets to boost the counties income they reside in. I’m A$$uming that Boston has such cameras and they can be viewed i’m sure, so who did it FBI? I’d imagine all you need to do is view the point of the bombs explosion and then slow motion rewind until you see the murder or murders whom placed the bombs.

I’m available for hire if you need a think tank.

On another note Mxgranger narrowed down the type of bag that was used, that is pretty impressive maybe you should both of us. Coincidence its a Fox sports bag? Start the probe!

Apr 17, 2013 12:08pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

The bombing had about as much meaning as throwing cheery bombs at a High School graduation ceremony. I won’t be very surprised if it turns out to be perpetrated by some irresponsible idiot(s) who just wanted to inflict some pain on as many people as possible.

I go to Boston occasionally and am not going to avoid walking around or even attending events. S__t happens!

This thing sounds more like intentional “accidental deaths” that occur when trains derail or a bus crashes or there is a massive crackup on a highway. It also doesn’t sound like it was all that carefully controlled because why did the bombs explode so late in the final stage of the race after about 2/3 or the runners had already crossed the finish line? It also seems to have stolen the attention of everyone because I don’t even know who won the marathon this year.

Even if it does prove to be the result of an action by someone, or a group with an agenda, they certainly haven’t done anything to announce their purpose. Now they live in fear of apprehension. Whoever did it is little more than a “spoilsport”.

One thing that seems like a very fine gesture on the part of the city of Boston and one of it institutions is the fact that the Museum of Fine Arts opened its doors free of charge to anyone wanting to seek some calm and balance and put some perspective (literally) on recent events. I got a note yesterday saying it was open all the rest of the week. I’d go down just to take advantage of the offer (it cost $25 a visit normally) but I already have a membership. I don’t think they ever did that before. They usually just have a free Wednesday night as mandated by their charter.

Apr 17, 2013 12:14pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
randburg100 wrote:

Will the US have a central register for Pressure Cookers?

Oh & btw who ever is running “security” needs a new vocation…or come & ask UK coppers how the treat such events…you’ll find everything is sealed up tighter than a mouse’s rectum.

Apr 17, 2013 2:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
gacha wrote:

Don’t know what kind of moderation is going on here at Reuters. But to the nitwit with the tag Dakotacountry, really? Three people dead, over one hundred injured? And all you can do is spam your bitterness 23 times against a perceived threat to your gun hobby?

I do not know if you are trying to represent Dakota or your own country, but you need to grow up. Show some respect. Take you politics to the NRA site and write some love letters or something. Wow, truly pathetic.

Apr 17, 2013 2:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
FrankRifleman wrote:

Now, lets not get carried away here! The suspect is just auditioning for a professorship for Columbia University. Right Obama?

Apr 17, 2013 2:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

Apr 17, 2013 2:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
war-blur wrote:

“I find it interesting that these authorities know what color bags were used don’t you?.” looking for a government conspiracy, teabilly…? they have pieces of the backpack that contained the bomb, parts of the bomb, etc. dip.

Apr 17, 2013 2:28pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
krimsonpage wrote:

Wow…I see the usual whiners and snakes are on this blog. What a sick lot you are.

Apr 17, 2013 2:30pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
SandyC69 wrote:

Thank you Reuters for showing a headline that someone has been arrested in the bombing attack at the Boston Marathon. NOT TRUE.

Nobody has been arrested. There is apparently a “person of interest, who was seen on a video (not know who’s video) wheeling a bag (also not known if that bag carried a bomb) but who has been taken as a possible suspect. No arrests have been made and nobody has been taken into custody yet.

Apr 17, 2013 2:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
divinargant wrote:

The conflicting news reports of late by various MSM corporate angencies with regard to an arrest/no arrest/maybe an arrest/hoping for an arrest..and absolutely nothing substantiated by anyone with transparency in any official capacity is proof positive they are, without a doubt…a joke.

Apr 17, 2013 2:40pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
randburg100 wrote:

USAPragmatist wrote:

Ummmm..I’m not promoting a gun nut agenda…..I’m neither in the US nor do I like guns….but it’s clear you didn’t read the posting. It may be a surprise, but there are other countries outside the US…..& ones where NRA doesn’t exist (thankfully). But I digress…try reading my post & then PLEASE tell me how I’m promoting guns….I’ll not hold my breath waiting.

Oh and as I’m already in another country…you know those strange places beyond Hicksville where you live..you won’t have to waste time on deporting me.

Apr 17, 2013 2:42pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

The mistake he made was he was not a Suicide bomber. Well, if he is the one we will be forced to house him, feed him and clothe him….forever or until he reaches room temperature. If that was my 8 year old, he would need the police to protect him

Apr 17, 2013 2:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

Apr 17, 2013 2:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

Apr 17, 2013 2:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

Apr 17, 2013 2:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

Now the Government is saying no suspect was arrested.
He must have been North Korean, and Kim Jung ordered his release or else he would attack the US with nuclear weapons.

Apr 17, 2013 2:50pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
davidkachel wrote:

Ah! The Reichstag all over again.
And gadzooks(!), they tried to poison fearless leader!!!
Everyone must now give up some freedom so the ruling elite can feel safer!

Apr 17, 2013 2:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
hankhill2 wrote:

This bombing proves that we must ban the ownership of pressure cookers. At the very least, we must register all pressure cooker owners.

Apr 17, 2013 2:55pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Lapsplicer wrote:

How is this the worst attack on U.S. Soil since 9/11?
What about the fort hood terrorist shooting in 2009 that killed 13!!!???

Apr 17, 2013 2:55pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
LikeATimeBomb wrote:

JaneLR, more people were bodily affected in this attack than Newtown… so by that measure, even including the Newtown shootings, this would be the worst.

Apr 17, 2013 2:56pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BrianCK wrote:

Be extremely careful on describing the perpetrator unless of course he/ she is a white American TEA Partier. I wonder if the media will create a new race like they did with the “White-Hispanic” who killed Travon Martin?

Apr 17, 2013 2:57pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AthenaHollow wrote:

gnggrn – not suspicious at all. There were shredded remnants of at least one of the backpacks.

Apr 17, 2013 2:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
jackgal98 wrote:

Not at all gnggrn. With the sheer number of pictures and video available, the authorities would most likely be able to be that one duffel bag was there before the blast and obliterated afterwards.
In addition, forensics technicians could also probably identify the color of the bag through analysis of the nylon shreds left over.

Apr 17, 2013 2:59pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BobHH wrote:

The Dems will include an amendment to the gun bill to ban pressure cookers, nails and ball bearings and to be registered before purchasing one.

Apr 17, 2013 3:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Have you heard of physics?

Apr 17, 2013 3:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Max17 wrote:

I can’t wait for Obama to get there. Surely Teleprompter knows who did this.

Apr 17, 2013 3:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Johnny_Strife wrote:

These “journalists” need to stay in touch with their government handlers so they stop veering from their script and giving away plot points before they’re supposed to. That’s the problem when the story’s been written before it happens. But anybody who’s been alert to the moves the government’s been making lately will know how this story will end, and what kind of person this “suspect” will turn out to be when the FBI “arrests” him. And they’ll know who will ultimately profit from this event and who will suffer. Ultimately, Americans are about to lose even more of their freedoms.

Apr 17, 2013 3:02pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
CK2 wrote:

gnggrn wrote: “I find it interesting that these authorities know what color bags were used don’t you?”

Since they have the remains of the bag – no, not really.

From the article, “…the focus turned to whoever may have made bombs in pressure cooker pots and taken them in heavy black nylon bags to the finish line of the world-famous race watched by crowds of spectators.”

They really don’t have any interest in those who didn’t make pressure-cooker bombs…

Apr 17, 2013 3:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
OneWouldThink wrote:

Drone technology would have been a great asset in scanning and replaying the events of large crowd gatherings.
Seems a bit strange tho that an organized terror group has yet to make claim to the terrible event which makes me wonder if it was home grown?

Apr 17, 2013 3:06pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
R3LegalMarktg wrote:

I hope the injured people all recover. I hope the government is diligent in it’s investigation and not overly anxious to make the crime fit a suspect, just to make TV news happy.

Apr 17, 2013 3:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
steve0210 wrote:

It’s great we have CNN to get the facts wrong so that others can correct them.

Apr 17, 2013 3:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PPhermit wrote:

Boy the crazies are sure posting on this site before any real news has came out__ NO ONE HAS BEEN ARRESTED AS YET was the latest news. The idiots is busy showing their ignorance by bashing Obama who is the best president since Clinton !

Apr 17, 2013 3:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
steve0210 wrote:

“… worst attack on U.S. soil since the 2001 …”

Thanks reuters for making subjective and meaningless metrics that promote your own fear mongering agenda.

Apr 17, 2013 3:14pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

@randburg100 to quote from previous post ‘Will the US have a central register for Pressure Cookers?’ To me that sounded like you trying to make the point, that many gun nuts have also been making, that we are now going to make a registry of pressure cookers, in other words making fun of the gun control efforts. If this was not your intention i apologize, if it wasn’t then waht was your point of that statement?

But that does not change the fact that there are other gun nuts doing this, like Dakotacountry (who obviously doesnt know how to hit a button only once) and others, and their actions are reprehensible. but once again if this was not your attention I apologize for grouping you in there.

Apr 17, 2013 3:15pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Jakestarr wrote:

gnggrn, why do you find it suspicious? the bags or what’s left of them were found at the explosion site

Apr 17, 2013 3:15pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
4Cryinoutloud wrote:

CNN likely made up the so-called law enforcement sourced account of someone in custody. It would behoove law enforcement to report of any imminent arrest as it would only warn a future suspect to clean up any possible evidence and/or leave the country.

Apr 17, 2013 3:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Texas2 wrote:

Totally agree with Jane – Newton was far worse than this. Why would it not be considered terrorism?

Apr 17, 2013 3:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

@BrianCK

How about “white black hispanic asian conservative liberal Democratic Republican Libertarian right wing left wing anti-gun gun owner with no mental illness history but on mental illness medication”?
No wait, they already used that one.
Maybe they can come up with another “label”.

Apr 17, 2013 3:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PPhermit wrote:

The anti-Obama idiots is out in force today aren’t they. ITS OBAMA’S fault so they are saying. They love using such patriotics tags for their names slaming our president shows they are not at all patriotic but are idiots that would like to do away with our democracy by overthrowing a duly elected presiden just because he happens to be black !

Apr 17, 2013 3:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
irishjohnny wrote:

Kerry just resonates courage and confidence

Apr 17, 2013 3:18pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
OneWouldThink wrote:

Drone technology should have all sorts of pictures and video to review.

Apr 17, 2013 3:19pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
NealR.WV wrote:

Was the headline Suspect Identified? Because I don’t see anything in there about a suspect being indentified. If they are referring to the person who placed the bomb, then we already knew that, duh.

Apr 17, 2013 3:22pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ClydeAdoinen wrote:

According to an experienced investigative professional in this area, a zipper will hold together several sections, in addition to the surrounding material, in the wake of a violent explosion such as this one.

Apr 17, 2013 3:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

“Worst terror attack since 9/11″
…I think the families of those murdered at Fort Hood, thanks to Major Nidal Hasan, would beg to differ.

How could only one person be responsible for all this? I mean would it not be suspicious for one guy carrying around a couple of large duffel bags? Also, from a practical standpoint, how much do they weigh? Would imagine they would have to be handled carefully if they contained explosives.

I find it very disturbing at how much the media is salivating at the thought a fellow American could have been responsible for this tragedy. Do the political “optics” ever end?

Apr 17, 2013 3:27pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
bammbamm2008 wrote:

Watch out for these “backpack” stories and photos. I’ve looked at a lot at a lot of photos and there are backpacks all over the
place.

Apr 17, 2013 3:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

Wait for it, wait for it…..
There it is!
“Actor and comedian Jay Mohr waded into the gun debate on Twitter after Monday’s deadly terrorist attacks at the Boston Marathon.
“What bothers me most about today is that we’re getting used 2 it. ENOUGH. 2nd amendment must go. Violence has 2 stop. Culture MUST change,” the Jerry Maguire actor tweeted Monday night.”

I suspected the gun control crowd was behind the bombing, just like all the other mass killings. The wealthy want our guns and they think they have found a way to take them by using unstable people or jihadists to do mass killings in the USA.

Apr 17, 2013 3:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
FMB501 wrote:

It looks like Congress needs a new law to require national background checks on people buying pressure cookers and sugar, a law to limit the size of pressure cookers to a half cup, and a law limiting sugar to a one square inch packets and a person cannot purchase more that two packets of sugar.

There, that should significantly reduce the number of bombings.

The truth is, neither guns nor pressure cookers kill people. People kill people. And until Congress faces up to the fact that we need to profile people who are most often engaged in terror and to institutionalize the mentally unbalanced who have been certified by two or more doctors; they will continue to pass laws that are only obeyed by law abiding citizens.

The mentally unbalanced, criminals, and terrorists don’t give a rat’s flying potato what laws Congress or the States pass.

Think about it. Everyone of the recent mass murderers, criminals, and terrorists violated between 1 and 10 laws already on the books.

Ooooooh, I’m sure the new laws restricting magazines to seven rounds leaves them shaking in their boots. How in the world are they going to commit mass murders and terrorism now??????

That’s right, they don’t give a rat’s flying potato what Federal or State laws say. It’s not for nothing that the cities and states with the toughest gun laws have the highest murder rates (and the vast majority of them are run by Democrats).

In 2012, Detroit had 411 murders. In 2012 there were 307 US soldiers killed in Afghanistan. Go figure.

Apr 17, 2013 3:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
FMB501 wrote:

With regard to Jay Mohr’s claim that the bombing in Boston is proof that we need stricter gun laws, it reminds me that anti-gun proponents would a shark attack off the coast of Florida as a reason to ban guns.

Ladies and gentlemen, neither guns nor bombs kill people. The people who use the gun and who make the bomb kill people. And until Congress and the States come to grips that it’s a people problem and not a gun, bomb, arrow, knife, chain saw, baseball bat, etc. problem; no law will stop the mentally unbalanced, criminal, or terrorist from committing mass murder.

The problem is people; not the weapons they use.

Apr 17, 2013 4:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Am I the only person here who thinks that the explosive device is just in too good of shape to have been what was used in the BM bombing? I mean, seriously! Peoples legs were blown off, body parts all over, glass, debris yet this piece of detonator seems to be perfectly unharmed. Battery looks about brand new and the red wires aren’t even burned? I don’t want to sound like a freak conspiracy theorist but look at it! What do y’all think?

Apr 17, 2013 4:10pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
dadx7kids wrote:

Just like CNN, report something before it is verified and get everyone riled up. Why don’t they report it was a white male member of the Tea Party? It’s usually the way CNN operates. Disgusting

Apr 17, 2013 4:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
RUKidding9 wrote:

No foreign group will claim this out of fear we will come after them.

Apr 17, 2013 4:19pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
dadx7kids wrote:

Talleyrand02 you need to get your facts straight. The first indication that “someone” wanted to do harm to Americans on American soil was in 1993 following the truck bombing of the World Trade Center in February. Information came during the investigation that the bombing was just a “test”. Who was president then?…Oh yea it was Bill Clinton, whose administration did not take the threat seriously. Really, study your history.

Apr 17, 2013 4:22pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mat100pa wrote:

Very sad

Apr 17, 2013 4:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
chekovmerlin wrote:

A possible suspect or person of interest would be more appropriate. No idendity made. An image on a video with a backpack. That’s what the report says. The person is not yet a suspect.
For those who wonder about the color/material of the backpack. Forensics, my friends. Sheds of nylon found around the explosion. Same foresics as what was in the bomb. Also aid of doctors. Quit being so conspiratorial that the police agencies were involved.

Apr 17, 2013 4:34pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
chasn702 wrote:

@MikeyLikesIt said:

_______________________

THIS IS UTTERLY WRONG. Either you are trying to spread lies, or you’re showing how gullible you are to the internet meme’s and false right-wing commentary. Read this, and try thinking for yourself sometime:

Apr 17, 2013 4:45pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
randburg100 wrote:

@ USAPragmatist. You have no need to apologise to me – I was not intending to give offense – I see things from this side of the Atlantic eg the US government’s attempt at gun control – which for various reasons will fail & in any case is now far too late.

I won’t pretend to understand the need for a private individual to possess an arsenal at home – and will leave that for the US to sort out itself – and hopefully soon – too many kids dying needlessly!

I hope that your FBI etc find the animal that planted & detonated those bombs – and quickly!

Apr 17, 2013 4:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
infidel70 wrote:

Another cover-up by Benghazi specialists from the WH. 3 suspects disappeared in the thin air. Now our leader deserves a new title: Magician in Chief.

Apr 17, 2013 5:01pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

KUDOS to our FBI and local law-enforement officials in Boston!!!

I bet the “Perpetrator (s)” are now having a “Pucker-factor” beyond belief!!!

IT or THEM will be caught and should get their “Day-in-Court” @ Guantanamo, Cuba!!! Not a whimpy civilian court in Boston! Murderers like this should have “NO” civil rights as by their actions against “Innocents” they do NOT DESERVE THAT CONSTITUTIONAL right!

Apr 17, 2013 5:03pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
KBillS wrote:

Worst attack since 2001? The Fort Hood attack on Nov. 9, 2009 by a self proclaimed Muslim militant killed 13 US soldiers. Guess that doesn’t count since Obama classified it as work place violence

Apr 17, 2013 5:19pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
esox1 wrote:

I find it facinating that nobody has commented on the manufacturer of the battery. I have never heard of it so I started to look into it. Just google the company name of Tenergy. The battery is listed under the category of “Military” with the catagory statememt of “Military grade products for mission critical applications” and shows a photo of a special forces soldier. In other words, its a military grade battery for use in detonating explosives! Now what kind of person,persons would have that kind of specialized knowledge when it comes to making one of these explosive devices…Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm

Apr 17, 2013 5:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mrlibra64 wrote:

The government needs to “remind you” of alleged anthrax and ricin attacks on politicians that probably never happened. Americans never heard any more about the post 9/11 anthrax attack (who did it, suspected, etc.) and the alleged ricin attack on a Mississippi senator? Will fade away quickly. More than likely bogus reports and stories to garner public psychological empathy.

Apr 17, 2013 5:24pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
acpa4u wrote:

The reason bomb makers use a pressure cooker is they don’t have high explosives. Smokeless gunpowder was the propellent I’ll wager

Apr 17, 2013 5:53pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sueinmi wrote:

The W H adm cut the bomb prevention fund long ago. Too bad for those who are suffering for those cuts. Lost limbs, and deaths certainly could have been prevented…

Apr 17, 2013 6:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
lc4600 wrote:

Part of 7.2volt battery pack for hobby use.

Apr 17, 2013 6:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
siftekhar wrote:

I am guessing if it was terrorist organization – they would have claimed success already.

Certainly waiting for a successful and fast capture of suspect/s.

Apr 17, 2013 6:56pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

“The bombings as well as subsequent reports that someone tried to mail the deadly poison ricin to President Barack Obama – the second report of such a letter in two days – have created a climate of uncertainty in the country. Nerves were jolted further by an inaccurate report on cable news network CNN that a bombing suspect had been arrested.”

“have created a climate of uncertainty” – quit making judgments. Instead, report facts.

“Nerves were jolted further” – quit making judgments. Write better.

Apr 17, 2013 7:04pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

“have created a climate of uncertainty in the country”

You mean have created a climate of media fear mongering?

Apr 17, 2013 7:07pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@USAPragmatist

“People like randburg100 and others doing the same thing, are sick in the head, promoting your gun nut agenda on the backs of the dead and injured from a COMPLETELY unrelated event. Just goes to show where the gun nut right is coming from. I really wish we could deport all of you to another country where all of you could have ANY weapon you want and you could all shoot at each other.”

You mean like Obama used the most recent shooting tragedy to push his anti-gun agenda, and did not stop with just the event, but he found willing parents of one of the kids that was killed and trotted them around the country and media events to push his agenda?

Apr 17, 2013 7:10pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
commonsense4 wrote:

The explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line killed three people and injured 176 others in the worst attack on U.S. soil since September 11, 2001.

People need to learn how to read… above is cut and paste what was written, they are including the total number of injured and dead at 179 to say it is the “worst attack on US soil since 9/11″ that does not differentiate between foreign and domestic… JUST ATTACKS, and more poeple may have died in other attacks but the are looking at the total number affected. It took me 2 seconds to figure that out

Apr 17, 2013 7:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@at7000

“I suspect right-wing. Even white supremacists such as Aryan Nations. In fact, in one of the videos, I saw two suspicious individuals with blond hair and blue eyes, quickly leaving the scene.”

I suspect an anti-tax nut, probably right wing as well. Or one of the militia people. If it is a terrorist, I suspect a wanna be with no real ties to a foreign group. Al Queda or groups like that would have made a much, much bigger bomb, and would have killed many more people.

Apr 17, 2013 7:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TheMob wrote:

gnggrn wrote:
“I find it highly suspicious that these authorities know what color bags were used!don’t you?”

Easy Sherlock. They actually found the bags. You can tell what color something is by looking at it, which they did. Your tin-foil hat may be on too tight…

Apr 17, 2013 7:26pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
GeeontheBass wrote:

gnggrn….are you serious??? That is like asking what kind of battery they used to detonate the bomb…its called EVIDENCE! Good Gawd! Quit looking for a conspiracy!

Apr 17, 2013 7:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Walt_P wrote:

“No one had claimed responsibility for the attack.”

None of the usual suspects have spoken up.

Curious.

Apr 17, 2013 7:34pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Bicycleman wrote:

Funny how people make such a big case of this event, when over in Chicago more people died over the weekend through natural street violence, but no one seems to care over there because the government wasn’t embarrassed that all their security apparatus was bypassed. Just shows the gov’t incapable of stopping someone that really is intent on causing evil. The best security is an intelligent and alert public.

Apr 17, 2013 7:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
jgrey wrote:

So Al Qaeda’s magazine Inspire in the news issue just out, talked about pressure cooker devices and ricin attacks among other ways to kill Americans, and there is a question who is doing this?

Apr 17, 2013 7:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Wulff wrote:

I agree that we must determine whether this is an isolated act or part of a conspiracy and that we must punish those responsible to the fullest extent of the law. Right now I have no idea who I can trust to do this job. Not a happy situation.

Apr 17, 2013 10:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
DHHill wrote:

Wake up and what? Chain smoke? Buy a gun in self defense against a bomb?
Anytime I hear or read the “wake up before it’s too late” appeal, I always wonder what the complaintant wants us to do once duly “awakened”. So I ask you – what are we supposed to do? I’m sure you’ve thoroughly thought it through and can provide us with your considered insight.

Apr 18, 2013 2:16am EDT  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

@TheNewWorld….

1. The Newton families are the ones that want to make sure their sons and daughters did not die without some meaningful change, and I (and Obama) respect their wishes. Obama is merely supporting them in this endeavor.

2. Calling for gun control after 20 kids are shot to death is just a tad bit different then using this event to promote a gun rights agenda.

Come on man, I thought you were better than that and could see how shameful the gun nuts have become in their arguments. You can be a gun rights advocate and still have some class, but by using this event as a way to make fun of the gun control advocates is just plain heartless.

Apr 18, 2013 10:41am EDT  --  Report as abuse

This is the stuff that gets me sick to my stomach. I cannot believe what kind of people are in this world. I hope whoever did this gruesome, worthless terrorist bombing gets caught and is severely punished. You hurt people and now you deserve it.

Apr 18, 2013 1:57pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@USAPragmatist

1. There are Newton families that did not want any of the gun bills. Obama did not have them at the white house or any speaking engagements. You and Obama do not support them in their endeavor.

2. No it is not a tad bit different. It is essentially the same thing.

Well both sides are wrong with using tragedies to push their agendas, but you have to be completely blind to not see how shamelessly Obama has pimped his chosen family members to promote his agenda, on radio, on tv, in all the photo ops, it is horrible. And beyond that the first post on this article is comparing this to Newtown, and doing it incorrectly, the number wounded in Boston is worse than any shooting we have ever had. You can always hurt and kill more with an explosion than a gun.

Apr 18, 2013 2:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
debora3 wrote:

wow that is unbeliveble :(

Apr 18, 2013 4:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BGRAY wrote:

if they have images of the suspects why would they not go public with them so if people know who they are they could be kept from leaving the country or at least hindered? Just curious about that is all.

Apr 18, 2013 5:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse