Over 2.1 million have signed up for Obamacare: officials

Harry079 wrote:

I’m on week 3 of trying to complete my enrollment in ObamaCare.

Created an account with no problems on or about December 10th.

After completing the next section I received a “Notification” that I could not complete my enrollment until I verified my “Incarceation Status.” They want certified copies of my release papers from the institution I was incarcerated.

Since I have never been “Incarcerated” I called the Help Center and after an hour on hold I talked to a representative who informed me that they were still having glitches and someone would contact me in 3-5 business days between the hours of 7am-10am.

I waited 7 business days and no one ever contacted me so I again called the Help Center and after a hour on hold the representative suggested that I remove my first application and start over. I had her remove my first application and did as she instructed and was VERY careful with my wife present on how I answered all questions especially the one about being incarcerated.

After completing the new application I now have 2 notifications about being incarcerated. I again called the help center and got a guy named Donovan who was very helpful and was able to enter the plan I wanted and had to re-verify some information including about being incarcerated. He was able to push my enrollment application right up to the last step where it would not allow him to go any further.

He told me he would have their Tech Team work on my problem and to give them 24 hours to fix it. That was last Friday and although all my boxes are now checked the Complete Enrollment section I am locked out of due to multiple notifications of incarceration.

So yesterday I called AGAIN a a representative told me I either had to send them my “release papers” or upload a letter testifying that I am not incarcerated.

This morning I created a word document swearing by penalty of law that I’ve never been incarcerated but I can’t tell yet if it uploaded or not. I tried 3 times to upload it and will call them later to see if it went through.

I’m sure glad I don’t like to fly!

Dec 31, 2013 12:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
indymind wrote:

It would be interesting to know how many of these signed up:
1. 5,000,000 tossed off their present policies by ObamaCare.
2. 40,000,000 to 45,000,000 without insurance.
3. How many were Medicaid sign-ups
4. How many are being subsidized by the taxpayers
5. How many had their rates double and their deductibles double or triple.
6. How many feel totally screwed by Machine Obama and its Progressive Liberal Socialist policies.
Sounds to me like when you add the those who have had their policies canceled and those who did not have insurance, we have gone backwards…not Forward as the Heap Big Chief promised.
Also, why does Sillybust still have a job?

Dec 31, 2013 1:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

So 5 million had their policies canceled due to Obamacare and 2 million have enrolled. That leaves a net deficit of 3 million people who had coverage before Obamacare, but now are uninsured. Way to go, Obama!

Dec 31, 2013 1:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
WeAreJohnGalt wrote:

2 million signed up? Doubt it. More like its just the people who have registered, but haven’t bought it.

Dec 31, 2013 1:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Speaker2 wrote:

@newager The cancelled policies were sub-prime policies anyway that failed to meet the minimum standards. All these people have to do is sign up. People who work and have insurance at their companies are unaffected.

Dec 31, 2013 4:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gitmojo wrote:

More “transparency” from Obamacare.

Widely reported that 50 to 65% of “enrollees” haven’t PAID a dime yet!

Keep the “news” coming!

Dec 31, 2013 4:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CF137 wrote:

Speaker2 wrote: People who work and have insurance at their companies are unaffected.
———————-

Not for long Sleepy…the whole employer part of CommieCare hasn’t even kicked in yet. When it does, you’ll see massive amounts of workers becoming part-timers, so the company owners can avoid providing health care for them. The traditional “full-time job” is about to go the way of the dinosaur.

Thanks Barry!…Hope and Change you can believe in!!

Dec 31, 2013 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Clint2 wrote:

Mention Obama and the trolls come out…

Dec 31, 2013 6:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

Indymind: I’m not sure where you’re getting your numbers from, but my sources tell me that 100 million have lost their insurance due to Obamacare and 30 million of them forced from their homes. We have to stop this before it’s too late!

Dec 31, 2013 6:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Harry079 wrote:

flashrooster wrote:

“my sources tell me that 100 million have lost their insurance due to Obamacare”

Could you name any of the sources cause I think they are about 90% off on their number?

Even the 30 million forced from their homes is more than 40% inflated.

Dec 31, 2013 7:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Greenspan2 wrote:

Indymind, while compiling your statistics, make sure you include a category of those who were happy to drop their overpriced “catastrophic” coverage which provided absolutely nothing but extortion, and sign up for an affordable policy that actually provides some modicum of health care, something that like all else in America these days is allowed for only the “deserving”, ie, somehow able to financially justify their existence as a cog in the ever increasingly brutal and competitive money machine now known as the USA.

Dec 31, 2013 8:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
UauS wrote:

Well, the Republicans’ motto for the last five years has been “the worse, the better”. So I guess they’ve got some mixed results here. :)
Besides, the entire “Obamacare” idea was based on Romney’s one in Massachusetts. The big difference was that Massachusetts Democrats didn’t boycott the idea like the Republicans did in case with “Obamacare”. Even the Fox News confirms that:

Dec 31, 2013 9:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

“99.432% of all statistics are made up on the spot.”
-anonymous