Christie fires aide in NJ bridge scandal; prosecutor launches probe

Comments (162)
bsgranny wrote:

Who does this guy think he is? Well, he’s just another politician pulling the strings for his own satisfaction. All they want is more power and to hell with the people he represents. He’s a bully in the whole sense of the word. Please, NO WHITEHOUSE FOR HIM!

Jan 09, 2014 9:02am EST  --  Report as abuse

When someone that size gets caught with his pants down it’s not a pretty sight.

Jan 09, 2014 9:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
cunusciri wrote:

Cronyism at its finest. What were the salaries of these people? Were they part of the state pension program? How was their work performance evaluated? Shame on them and the governor who appointed them. This is an embarrassment to the State of New Jersey.

Jan 09, 2014 9:14am EST  --  Report as abuse
Verg wrote:

Lie to me, lie real good.

Jan 09, 2014 9:21am EST  --  Report as abuse
SoutherRican wrote:

Don’t forget when he is backed against the wall, all he does is insult the media. I expect the same today, and he will finger point, claim he is as innocent as a new born babe. I believe that he did have a hand in the traffic Jam, he always seemed to be a vindictive person PERIOD.

Jan 09, 2014 9:26am EST  --  Report as abuse
teriowen wrote:

I don’t get it, the guy that did this admitted to it, resigned and so why is this Christie’s downfall?

Jan 09, 2014 9:28am EST  --  Report as abuse
cunusciri wrote:

Cronyism at its finest. Are these friends still on the state pension plan? How was their job performance evaluated? An embarrassment to the state of New Jersey. Shame on you Christie.

Jan 09, 2014 9:31am EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

I don’t like Chrisite, so I hope this will be the end to his presidential aspirations. That being said, the press seems more concerned about investigating a traffic jam than they do Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, etc. Typical liberal media.

Jan 09, 2014 9:47am EST  --  Report as abuse
Verg wrote:

It’s time for a big fat lie. Blagojevich needs a cell mate.

Jan 09, 2014 9:52am EST  --  Report as abuse
HappyGirl4u wrote:

Benghazi is a scandal. This is a practical joke compared to that.

Jan 09, 2014 10:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
HappyGirl4u wrote:

Benghazi is a scandal. This is a practical joke compared to that.

Jan 09, 2014 10:17am EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

This could easily have been predicted (I did) after the polling showed that Christie was leading in a hypothetical poll against the liberal democrat Hillary Clinton. The main stream will vet, and vet, and vet some more any GOP that looks like a contender for potus but they will turn their head, bury their head in the sand, or whatever it takes to cover any liberal candidate. Just saying the truth for what it is. Watch for yourself.

Jan 09, 2014 10:36am EST  --  Report as abuse

Disrupting interstate commerce is a federal offense. It’s a pitty that they resorted to this child-like behavior to retaliate against someone who would not support them. All this did was punish the taxpayers(demorcats and republicans).

Jan 09, 2014 10:37am EST  --  Report as abuse

@NEWAGER, the press has been investigating Fast and Furious, Benghazi and the IRS targeting for political reasons, but their investigation have not given the conclusions that you where hoping for, e.g. impeachable offenses. A good journalist does not know the conclusions before the investigation, but instead allows the facts to lead to the conclusions.

This was just realized about 1-2 weeks ago, the most thourough piece I have yet seen on Benghazi, http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/#/?chapt=0. So yes the ‘liberal media’ (what a crock that term is but I digress), is doing what it is supposed to do, investigating the facts, not trying to find facts that support a chosen conclusion.

Jan 09, 2014 10:56am EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

@Newager- You are spot on.

Jan 09, 2014 11:04am EST  --  Report as abuse
anarcurt wrote:

If anything it’ll help him in the primaries. GOPers love this kind of crazy.

Jan 09, 2014 11:06am EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

HappyGirl4u: You got it twisted around. Benghazi isn’t a scandal. This is. What did Obama do to cause Benghazi, hire the terrorists? This is a scandal for Christie because, at best, he hired these people who intentionally sacrificed the people of New Jersey for political retribution. At worst, he ordered it himself. An investigation is necessary to determine that.

The worst you can say about Benghazi is that Obama didn’t have all the details precisely right immediately after it happened. Hardly a scandal considering we’re still learning things about Benghazi. That’s true for nearly every such event that happens in the world. The Bush Administration didn’t have all the facts about the 9/11 attacks right after they occurred. It took years before we knew the whole truth. In the meantime, the Bush Administration came out with plenty of statements that eventually proved inaccurate. And if you really want to talk scandal, let’s finally have an investigation into the lies the Bush Administration told during the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. That’s as bad as it gets.

Jan 09, 2014 11:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

4825: If you think Hillary is a liberal, you don’t know what the word means, which would be par for the course for you.

Jan 09, 2014 11:08am EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

USAPRAG-The NY Times is the least objective newspaper in the country. They gave no proof for their conclusions. They are in the hip pocket of the Democratic party and that is why I don’t believe a word they print.

Jan 09, 2014 11:11am EST  --  Report as abuse
cautious123 wrote:

This is worse than disgusting. These “public servants” acted criminally, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If people died because emergency responders could not get through the traffic, these aides should be tried for murder. If Christie knew about this, he should be arrested. If he didn’t know about it–he should have his staff arrested. What a pack of idiots and vipers!

Jan 09, 2014 11:17am EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

For Jersey politics, this is actually progress. No one died.

Jan 09, 2014 11:18am EST  --  Report as abuse
cautious123 wrote:

Really? Your idea of a joke, HappyGirl4u? If people died because emergency responders could not reach them, that’s a joke to you? What sewer did you lose your brain in?

Jan 09, 2014 11:19am EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

Makes you wonder about most of the ‘road work’ going on out there, holding things up. Especially the jobs where the only workers are the ones putting up barriers.

This has been informative :)

Jan 09, 2014 11:28am EST  --  Report as abuse

@NEWAGER, they, the NYT, actually has plenty of proof for their conclusions, they actually investigated the events in Benghazi. Just because the conclusion is not what you are looking for does not make it any less valid. A person with intellectual honesty would not just dismiss it as the ‘liberal media’, but would read the story see where they got the information and then contradict their conclusions with facts. If you want a lesson in how to do this peruse my post history and many of the longer ones are doing exactly this.

To put it quite simply this event, ‘Bridgegate’ or whatever you want to call it, was CAUSED by the Christie admin, Benghazi was not caused by the Obama administration, but instead terrorist groups. We can argue about how ‘spontaneous’ it was and how this was interpreted in the first week after the attack, but no one can say the Obama administration caused it to happen and not be totally delusional.

Jan 09, 2014 11:39am EST  --  Report as abuse

On another note many of the righties are saying this is not big deal cause no one died/got hurt, well no one died/got hurt in Watergate but no one can argue that it was one of, if not the, biggest political scandal in USA history.

Jan 09, 2014 11:40am EST  --  Report as abuse
Rich_F wrote:

unlike obama where we have irrefutable proof he’s lied on several issues (if you like your plan you can keep it) we have nothing on whether christie knew anything about this. this is usually mud slinging by the liberal press against a serious contender for the next POTUS. to compare this with benghazi as some are is frankly outrageous and shows you the depth of depravity some will go to to accomplish their ends.

Jan 09, 2014 11:48am EST  --  Report as abuse
AJSimkatu wrote:

Christie, the NJ thug. Do as he says or he’ll shut you down.

Jan 09, 2014 11:49am EST  --  Report as abuse
Joelatore wrote:

Rooster… you have it wrong yourself. The Benghazi cover up was certainly and still is a scandal. The President and his minions, including Hillary tried to put the blame on a stupid video and they knew that it had nothing to do with the attacks. Another in many lies from the dear leader and his followers.It will eventually have a great impact on any Hillary run. She is almost left of Obama which is hard to do.

Jan 09, 2014 11:50am EST  --  Report as abuse
ajsfca wrote:

Watching governor Christie’s statement and press conference on this story, he comes across as a candid, straightforward and reasonable person, displaying more public integrity and sincerity than most political figures these days. Most people will recognize his decency. Slick, hateful attacks will be recognized as the political and personal malice they are.

Jan 09, 2014 11:51am EST  --  Report as abuse
rvm3 wrote:

The GWB crosses a state line and carries 2 US Interstate highways. It is absolutely a federal issue, unless the corrupt system tries to give Christie a pass.

Jan 09, 2014 11:52am EST  --  Report as abuse
hij wrote:

Wow….now I can see why this guy was elected. Some people just don’t get it. He’s a politician, and he has people that write his speeches and coach him on what to say and how to say it. None of the voters know what he’s like behind closed doors.
He’s the governor of NJ, which means that he knows about ANYTHING that happens within his office, including this. Of course he’s going to deny it, and he’s going to do anything he can to make the public believe that he knew nothing about it. Admitting it would be career suicide. Now it’s up to the legal system to prove that he knew about it. But for public opinion, he should already have blown his chances of running for president. There are only 2 options here, and neither one is good for him. Option 1 – he knew about it, which means that he is the bully everyone already knows he is, and nobody wants a vindictive bully as a president. Option 2 – he didn’t know about it, which means that he’s a poor leader and has no control over his OWN appointed people, and nobody wants a president that can’t control his own people. Hopefully NJ voters realize that there’s no way he didn’t know about this, and this is his last term in ANY political office.

Jan 09, 2014 12:11pm EST  --  Report as abuse
pb1988 wrote:

Of course, if a Democratic governor had done the same, think there’d be nearly as much media coverage? “Oh, it was a….a….necessity, yeah, that’s it. Hey! Squirrel!! Look over there, nothing to see here!!”

Jan 09, 2014 12:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sunny47446 wrote:

No one died? Seriously? A 91 year old woman died because the ambulance could not get to her in time. Oh I know to you conservatives that doesn’t mean anything. The ambulances were also not able to get to a car accident. So no harm done right? SMH. You people that believe that are morons.

Jan 09, 2014 12:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
pefc69 wrote:

People of New Jersey always hold true to their stupidity. If you asked anyone of them why they voted for him, they couldn’t tell you why.

Jan 09, 2014 12:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

I did business in NJ off and on for +20 years, this seems pretty normal, actually rather mild, but major points to

@Totallyappalled and @AlkalineState for truly grasping the NJ zeitgeist.

God I’m glad I don’t have to go there anymore.

Jan 09, 2014 12:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
arkbiz wrote:

I like Christie. Nobody can be a mover and shaker w/o screwing up sometimes. But this looks bad – less because it happened than from his slowness owning up to it.

Jan 09, 2014 12:26pm EST  --  Report as abuse

The folks who really are undermining the U.S. have the need to shed some light on Mr. Christie. They are hoping it deflects away from Hillary’s full fledged efforts to deceive and lie to the public about Benghazi. ” They have to make the cow pie look and smell good”.

Jan 09, 2014 12:26pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

hatecyberspace: Benghazi isn’t even an issue. Why bring IT up? Are you suggesting that Hillary, or Obama, or any of their staff, had anything to do with Benghazi? What is your evidence?

When things attributable to outside forces go wrong, that doesn’t mean that whomever is President at the time has done something wrong. Are you aware of all the attacks on American embassies and conciliates when Bush was President? There were many, more than under Obama. Yet Democrats weren’t trying to blame the Bush Administration for that, because it wouldn’t make any sense. Things happen in a world full of diverse humans. That doesn’t mean it’s the fault of the most recent Democrat serving as President of the United States. Get a grip.

Jan 09, 2014 12:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
PAV2 wrote:

Christie said. “I am who I am, but I am not a bully.”

Reminds me of Nixon’s: “I am not a crook.” We know the truth about that statement.

Jan 09, 2014 12:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
QuidProQuo wrote:

Is he genuine? I think so, to the extent that a jersey politician can be. Luckily he fired the B*t@h instead of letting her resign, cause that would have looked smarmy. I do have serious concerns about the ability to be able to just shut down lanes on a major bi-state connecting bridge. Who the heck signed off on the okay for that? I have to wonder how much more unethical, immoral, unprofessional b.s. we have to deal with in American politics. No wonder the latest polls show an all time high for no party affiliation voters. The indepedents will soon become the majority voting bloc. Whether or not we are able to put forth an ethical, professional potential Presidential contender remains to be seen, but the time is coming when a solid middle of the road uncorrupted utilitarian candidate materializes. It will happen. It’s just a matter of time.

Jan 09, 2014 12:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

Why is this headline news? Why is this the top story here, there and everywhere? OH YEAH……………..’Hillary 2016″ I forgot

Jan 09, 2014 12:55pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

Why is this headline news? Why is this the top story here, there and everywhere? OH YEAH……………..’Hillary 2016″ I forgot

Jan 09, 2014 12:56pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sabrina12 wrote:

WHY is this headline news here, there and everywhere? OH Yeah “Hillary 2016″, I forgot

Jan 09, 2014 12:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JamVee wrote:

I think Christie is doing all he can, and what he is doing is the right thing to do.

When someone in the Obama Administration screws up, he or she is defended and applauded for doing such a great job . . . with ZERO accountability!

Jan 09, 2014 12:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JRTerrance wrote:

@flashrooster

whoever is president, not whomever is president
consulates not conciliates

Jan 09, 2014 12:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gtt3 wrote:

For those saying the 91-year old died as a result of the traffic jam; the ambulance took seven minutes to get to the victim – they weren’t in complete gridlock like many are suggesting. The victim died at the hospital, and the responders stated that they did not believe that the death would have been avoidable had there been no delays.

The fact that someone died during this ordeal does not mean as much as some people want it to.

Jan 09, 2014 12:59pm EST  --  Report as abuse
demssuck wrote:

No big deal compared to the IRS scandal from the WH.

Jan 09, 2014 1:04pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mehtasaab2 wrote:

He should be fire too. To approve wrong doing is also violation of ethic.

Jan 09, 2014 1:04pm EST  --  Report as abuse
stevegos wrote:

Looks like the Dems. are gearing up for the next election.

Jan 09, 2014 1:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
dymaxion wrote:

This is just proof that politicians are nothing but children. The only good thing about politicians is that they make morons seem smart

Jan 09, 2014 1:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

I have no reason to believe yet, that Christie was ordering this collective road punishment. So far, it appears to be a staffer playing politics who was dumb enough to email about it. When caught, he was fired.

Probably time to move on, unless new facts emerge.

Jan 09, 2014 1:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

NJ quality joke:

What do you get when you cross a NJ governor with a NY City Senator?

Jon Corzine

Neither Hil or Christie should ever, ever raise their opponent’s ethics as an election issue.

Jan 09, 2014 1:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
HappyGirl4u wrote:

@pefc69. buy you take the cake for stupidity

Jan 09, 2014 1:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
SandyC69 wrote:

I am one of those pesky, nasty Independent voters in that I do like the Democrat party, nor the Republican party. Political party affiliation means nothing to me. I read about, research about every candidate that may at some point be on my ballot, from my local dog catcher to the President of the US. I am not yet saying that I would or would not vote for Christie, but so far he has shown himself to be someone I might consider because of him saying what he is going to do, and he then does. Unlike many of our current elected representatives in Congress, both and all parties. I will still keep an open mind on Mr. Christie until and unless I am shown proof that he is not the person I thought he was.

Jan 09, 2014 1:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

sabrina12: It’s headline news because corruption IS headline news. We’re talking about one of the busiest bridges in the world. When you have lanes shut down on such a thoroughfare in a state where you are the governor, you know about it. The question is, how much did Christie know and when did he know about it? When such an important thoroughfare is blocked up, it’s something you hear about and you find out why. Christie is claiming that he didn’t do that. Why? Why didn’t he look into such an important traffic problem, where traffic was held up for hours. That costs people a lot of money, and can threaten lives when first responders are needed, as there were in this case. So, yes, this is legitimate headline news.

And the liberal media meme makes no sense. It’s an excuse the conservatives use whenever something is reported that reflects poorly on them. If the media was liberal, we’d have a liberal government, and we certainly don’t have that. The media is owned by corporations and corporations favor low taxation and zero regulations. So why would the media be liberal if they favor low taxation and zero regulations? If anything it’s a conservative media. But more precisely, it’s a media that protects its bottom line, which is why change is so hard to come by in the US. Corporate America has us where they want us. They are the enemies of change, and in order to keep the status quo, they lean on the media and both of our major political parties. But the Republicans are their “go to” party because people who vote Republican easily believe whatever they’re told. People who vote Democrat don’t necessarily believe what they’re told and they expect our government to serve them.

Jan 09, 2014 1:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mehtasaab2 wrote:

He should be fire too.

Jan 09, 2014 1:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
newenergydude wrote:

“Christie told a news conference he was stunned and heartbroken by revelations”…

He has a heart??

Jan 09, 2014 1:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cbj wrote:

Only Republicans are corrupt.
See Reuters article “Corruption trial of Trenton, N.J. mayor to begin”.

If all of you boneheads can’t understand that ALL politics is based getting and maintaining power regardless of party nothing will ever change.
No, not even independent because once they get a seat at the table they become just as power hungry.

Jan 09, 2014 1:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dd1075bBB wrote:

Wow! The press is really on this. Just like they didn’t do for Obama .remember-how they didn’t pressure Obama on:
1 – “I heard about the IRS targeting Tparty when I saw it in the morning paper, just like you” …NOT
2 – “I can’t talk about Benghazi while Holder investigates” … NOT
3 – “If you like tour Doctor/Healthplan you can keep it” … NOT
4 – “Fast and Furriest, I can’t talk about it till later” … NOT
Shame on the weak livered lib biased press. Time to get on Obama’s LiarCare!!!

Jan 09, 2014 1:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dd1075bBB wrote:

Wow! The press is really on this. Just like they didn’t do for Obama .remember-how they didn’t pressure Obama on:
1 – “I heard about the IRS targeting Tparty when I saw it in the morning paper, just like you” …NOT
2 – “I can’t talk about Benghazi while Holder investigates” … NOT
3 – “If you like tour Doctor/Healthplan you can keep it” … NOT
4 – “Fast and Furriest, I can’t talk about it till later” … NOT
Shame on the weak livered lib biased press. Time to get on Obama’s LiarCare!!!

Jan 09, 2014 1:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dd1075bBB wrote:

Wow! The press is really on this. Just like they didn’t do for Obama .remember-how they didn’t pressure Obama on:
1 – “I heard about the IRS targeting Tparty when I saw it in the morning paper, just like you” …NOT
2 – “I can’t talk about Benghazi while Holder investigates” … NOT
3 – “If you like tour Doctor/Healthplan you can keep it” … NOT
4 – “Fast and Furriest, I can’t talk about it till later” … NOT
Shame on the weak livered lib biased press. Time to get on Obama’s LiarCare!!!

Jan 09, 2014 1:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cunusciri wrote:

Shame on Christie for having such bad judgment. Unreal. Boy, he really distanced himself from his high school friend David Weinstein real fast during the news conference. Cronyism, lies, bad judgment and now an apology? Do these state employees that he hires get evaluated for their job performance? What will the citizens of New Jersey do? As he said, “the buck stops with him.”

Jan 09, 2014 1:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
WhyMeLord wrote:

Leave it to the tea-baggers to try and muddy the waters with some debacles other politicians have made such as Benghazi, etc. Just because others have made mistakes doesn’t exonerate Christie from this display of foolishness and total disregard of public welfare.
He is a bully and self-centered ego-maniac; his actions warrant an investigation as any public figure making a mockery of our country. If he wants to salvage his image, he’d better come clean about this.
In the final analysis, the buck stops with the leader of the pack.

Jan 09, 2014 1:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gungadinhere wrote:

One down-Kelly, a second to go-Wildstein; this conduct is shameful and
disgusting; there hopefully should be prosecution.

Jan 09, 2014 1:29pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ajsfca wrote:

@ sunny4476,
That is admittedly tragic. But don’t forget the intentional slowdown in clearing streets of heavy snow that also resulted in tragedy.

Jan 09, 2014 1:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
desertares wrote:

This is unbelievable. A ‘scandal’ of road closing bridge lanes becomes fodder for hours and hours of political discourse. Meanwhile, we have a national disaster of the ACA, unemployment extension benefits and stunning accusations in Bob Gates’ book of presidential and secretarial conduct and the cable news focuses on
lane closures on a New Jersey bridge.

Jan 09, 2014 1:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rangerover411 wrote:

Christie is either a vindictive politico – which is consistent with his berating of people with whom he disagrees – or he’s an incompetent manager and poor judge of character. In either case, in the culture Christie built, this kind abusive act was thought acceptable by a number of people.

Jan 09, 2014 1:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
chekovmerlin wrote:

@alkaline State: You didn’t read the story carefully. A 91 year old woman died of cardiac arrest because she couldn’t get to the hospital fast enough because of the traffic jam caused by Christie’s thugs. Read carefully before you write.

Jan 09, 2014 1:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
chekovmerlin wrote:

As a result of the death of a 91 year old woman who couldn’t reach the hospital (in an ambulance) on time, and the feds involved, there could be a manslaughter charge here against the primary “thugs.”

Jan 09, 2014 1:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BruceBanner wrote:

Christie is toast.

Or more accurately, Roast Pig.

Jan 09, 2014 1:33pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ajsfca wrote:

@ WhyMeLord,
Your comment so describes and characterizes Barack Obama.

Jan 09, 2014 1:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

AlkalineState: You have to wonder why Christie didn’t look into this when it was happening. When the busiest bridge in your state, one of the busiest in the world, get’s bottled up, as governor you need to be aware of it and know the facts, and do something to remedy it when possible. What did Christie know and when? If someone told him that it was part of a traffic study, did that make it okay? If you were governor, wouldn’t you be asking “What traffic study?” and “Why?” Was it really necessary to do a traffic study on this busiest bridge in the state during rush hour? Doesn’t make sense. If I was governor I’d want to know if such a study was imperative and, if not, to stop it immediately so traffic could flow freely. Then I’d look into who ordered the study and demand to know why. It doesn’t look like Christie did any of that.

Jan 09, 2014 1:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TomMariner wrote:

The President uses the IRS, FBI, and State Department to swing the 2012 reelection — Can’t even get Washington post of Watergate fame to comment on Watergate II. Two lanes of a bridge are closed for four mornings, and we have a prosecutor.

Are we as Americans REALLY going to stand for such perversion to our “Justice” system? We voters can’t just laugh this away clever distracting from a Secretary of Defense calling our President, Vice President, and Secretary of State dangerously amateurish in foreign policy. This is as usual, using control of the unethical press to steal an election — Christie is a viable candidate for national office and this “Lane Gate” not only deprives us from voting on a possibly voting for a great candidate while making sure we do not focus on and investigate past illegal, vote stealing activities.

All of this changes the office of the Attorney General of the US. From now on, since we as voters will put up with manipulation of our laws, the AG gig will go to a close political ally of the President who really works for the Campaign Committee and has the top priority of protecting the political party’s chances in the next election.

Jan 09, 2014 1:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
demssuck wrote:

This keeps all the heat off the ObamaCare debacle and the Gates book of truth. Notice that it is the liberal media making hay out of this under direction of the WH.

Jan 09, 2014 1:41pm EST  --  Report as abuse
dwreck2you wrote:

seems like the whole group who runs this country need lie detectors in place anytime they speak to us.

Jan 09, 2014 1:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

demssuck: What IRS scandal? You mean when the IRS was vetting the different organizations that were applying for tax exempt status? That’s their job, and they did it with both liberal and conservative groups. They were protecting the tax payers and you should be grateful, unless you support government waste. No scandal there. Try again.

Jan 09, 2014 1:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BruceBanner wrote:

@teriowen wrote:
“I don’t get it, the guy that did this admitted to it, resigned and so why is this Christie’s downfall?”

LOL
What a naive newcomer.
Christie got someone to take the Fall, so that should end it, right?
teriowen learned nothing about Republican thug tactics from Tom DeLay and his cronies.

Jan 09, 2014 1:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
RyanKarl39 wrote:

Great news conference for Christie. You will never see Obama sound as humble & apologetic as Christie was today or ever hold anyone accountable for their actions by firing them or making them resign. This is what the American people want to see. Not finger pointing and blame game. The citizens of this country aren’t in kindergarten.

Jan 09, 2014 1:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Aleks_Black wrote:

This incident is only a small part of the problem. The real issue is that he is a democrat in disguise. He sucks on just about every position there is. If this scum bag is the republican nominee, i am not voting republican.

Jan 09, 2014 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Aleks_Black wrote:

This incident is only a small part of the problem. The real issue is that he is a democrat in disguise. He sucks on just about every position there is. If this scum bag is the republican nominee, i am not voting republican.

Jan 09, 2014 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Aleks_Black wrote:

This incident is only a small part of the problem. The real issue is that he is a democrat in disguise. He sucks on just about every position there is. If this scum bag is the republican nominee, i am not voting republican.

Jan 09, 2014 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

demssuck: Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever that the White House is directing the media regarding this scandal?

Jan 09, 2014 1:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BruceBanner wrote:

@demssuck wrote:
“No big deal compared to the IRS scandal from the WH.”

Dream on.
There was no scandal – Conservative, billionaire-owned corporate Media tried to paint routine IRS investigation of political-operative groups posing as “social groups” to get tax breaks as some sort of Conservative witch-hunt. Liberal groups that tried this were investigated and lost their tax breaks, too. This “scandal” fizzled, like all the other ones the Obama-haters have tried to sell.

Jan 09, 2014 1:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
SungDude wrote:

“got it” says it all. if there was no plan in place, Wildstein would have asked for clarification. Instead, he knew his marching orders, all he needed was the command.

Jan 09, 2014 1:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BruceBanner wrote:

@demssuck wrote:
“Notice that it is the liberal media making hay out of this under direction of the WH.”

Typical knee-jerk wingnut.
Look at Fox News – do you think multi-billionaire Australian-traitor Murdoch’s rag is “liberal media” ??? Christie’s scandal is the top story there.

Jan 09, 2014 1:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Randy549 wrote:

flashrooster wrote:
“You have to wonder why Christie didn’t look into this when it was happening. When the busiest bridge in your state, one of the busiest in the world, get’s bottled up…”

Normally I don’t agree with many of your comments, but this one is pretty reasonable. Good post.

Jan 09, 2014 1:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BruceBanner wrote:

@TomMariner wrote:
“We voters can’t just laugh this away clever distracting from a Secretary of Defense calling our President, Vice President, and Secretary of State dangerously amateurish in foreign policy.”

Robert Gates is a Republican – he was Secretary of Defense and CIA Director for Republican Presidents, and is a registered Republican. The Party of Obama-haters. So much for President Obama reaching out to a bipartisan Defense Secretary…

Republican – that’s the Party that was dangerously amateurish and screwed up all the signs pointing to the 9/11 al-Qaeda attack. Bush didn’t pay attention to all the key memos that were read to him while he was on one of his many, many vacations. And Dick “sorry I shot you in the face, I was drunk” Cheney wasn’t there to catch the errors.

Jan 09, 2014 2:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JustSayin33 wrote:

@TomMariner
Tom you are “spot on”
When Obamas peole were auditing conservatives all he had to say was “I will get to the bottom of it” then nothing.. and more nothing..

At least fat boy admitting the wrongdoing and fired those responsible.

Would you rather be stuck in traffic for a couple of days or get audited by the IRS?

Jan 09, 2014 2:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CandyNeville wrote:

He’s heart broken now that it hurts him, but when it was just little children stuck for hours in traffic on their first day of school it was “Not a big deal”. He concluded that any interest in this debacle was because “I’m a national figure.” ie it’s all about Christie and not about the thousands of people who needed help. As one who had received help in Sandy distress, I’m shocked and saddened he had no interest in provided help to the multitudes stranded in traffic. As governor, he did not even call the Mayor of the City in distress, or work to help untangle the problems. No, Christie, it was not about you – it was about the masses that you neglected to care about or help – and this if I put the best spin on it in your behalf.

Jan 09, 2014 2:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TeaPublican wrote:

I See NOTHING, I hear NOTHING, I know NOTHING!, I didn’t know Sgt. Christie was in Hogan Heroes!

We Conservative Republicans will never SUPPORT an undocumented Republican like Christie!

Jan 09, 2014 2:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TomMariner wrote:

demsuck — Evidence of IRS? Three days after the story broke the President made a speech saying that “He would not tolerate abuse by the IRS”, admitting it, and promising he would investigate. Same with the FBI in the 2012 election — almost same speech with the “will not tolerate” and “investigate”.

Evidence? The guy admitted it!

Jan 09, 2014 2:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
KeithBell wrote:

What did he know, and when did he know it? [Deja-Vu]

Jan 09, 2014 2:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
HappyGirl4u wrote:

hahaha. traffic. hahaha seriously? Traffic? Your executive branch is running this country down the drain, and your concerned about some women who caused traffic. lol. I am actually laughing loudly. oh silly libs. Mr . Christie will be just fine, and Hilary is still behind in prelim polls.

Jan 09, 2014 2:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wilhelm wrote:

Christie’s valorization of political intimidation presupposes thuggish policy and engenders thuggish behavior by all of his subordinates. It’s not hard to figure out. Even IF he didn’t give a specific directive, he laid down the ground rules when he entered office.

That may make him prime presidential material in some minds, but it doesn’t make him less of a thug.

Jan 09, 2014 2:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

“People who vote Democrat don’t necessarily believe what they’re told and they expect our government to serve them.”

Right, so the members of congress that now claim that they didn’t know people couldn’t keep their old policy are either lying or not democrats. Also, Hil knew Bill was doing Monica alll along.

Jan 09, 2014 2:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

TomMariner: Show us the evidence. You can’t because there is none. Again, the IRS was doing what they’re supposed to do. They were vetting organizations applying for tax exempt status. Those that didn’t meet the standard were not given tax exempt status, regardless of whether they were conservative or liberal. If it was abuse of any kind, then you’d have evidence that the IRS was illegally blocking organizations that DID meet tax-exempt criteria and then refused to give such an organization the tax-exempt status allowed by law. There’s no evidence that this is what happened. None. Zilch. In fact, no one’s even making that charge. That is, no one except the likes of you.

Jan 09, 2014 2:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
VSNFR60 wrote:

Hillary 2020!

Jan 09, 2014 2:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
HappyGirl4u wrote:

Christie 2016!!! Still better than Hilldog

Jan 09, 2014 2:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

ARJTurgot2: ” Also, Hil knew Bill was doing Monica alll along.”

LOL… I think that adequately proves my point.

Jan 09, 2014 2:34pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Verg wrote:

“And believe me, John (sp), I haven’t had a lot of sleep the last two nights,”

What a slip, found out about the emails on Tuesday. The whole 8:55 yesterday story was a lie.

Jan 09, 2014 2:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ReverendJim wrote:

People died because of this nonsense. ALL the people responsible should see prison time.

Jan 09, 2014 2:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
adamrussell wrote:

There should be a full investigation to see who was involved and prosecution of the criminals.

Jan 09, 2014 2:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

The Democrats would like for you to believe that there was not a scandal with the IRS targeting that went on, or the Benghazi scandal, or Obama’s closing of the national parks to cause as much pain as possible to American citizens and vets, or Obama’s lies were not really lies. Yeah, these guys were just doing their job, (wink, wink). On the lies, you must not have heard correctly. Let me run to the store as I need to buy some waders if I am going to continue reading the BS that the liberals put out. It is getting too high to just use boots anymore.

Jan 09, 2014 2:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse

“What did I do wrong to make these folks think it was okay to lie?” OK to lie? What did he do wrong to make these folks think it was OK to obstruct traffic for political punishment?

And will he be able to pull off the “not a bully” role?

Jan 09, 2014 2:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
innismor wrote:

i hope they sue kelly for the death of the old lady

Jan 09, 2014 2:59pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

There’s plenty of room for debate about the particulars involving this scandal. What can’t be debated is that it’s a genuine scandal and needs to be thoroughly investigated. The emails are proof enough of that. Christie’s lack of interest in this matter, going on since school started, is disconcerting, especially for a control freak like him. There are a lot of questions that need answering.

Jan 09, 2014 3:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Blogposter wrote:

So all the idiots (I’ll include myself) with a computer jump in and add their comments. If you think you’re that different than Chris Christie or the liberal/conservative media or republicans & democrats – guess what. You’re wrong. You ARE all these people just in different measures. So every time a crazy hyperbolic comment is thrown you’re really just flinging the crap on yourself. The most interesting thing about these comments sections is they were intended to be a place for thoughtful discussion. Instead they’re just another grimy gutter.

Jan 09, 2014 3:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
WildIndian wrote:

Fire him, are you serious. He needs to be brought up on criminal charges.

Jan 09, 2014 3:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
inverse137 wrote:

Will be interesting to see if the aide rats him out or takes the fall.

Jan 09, 2014 3:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
delta5297 wrote:

Chris Christie himself seems to me like a guy who would be above doing something like this, but what does it say about the Republican Party at large if his staff isn’t? This is more or less what I saw with John McCain’s presidential campaign back in 2008. McCain himself seemed like a decent man…but the people who ran his campaign, not so much.

Jan 09, 2014 3:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

4825: Still waiting for you to submit any evidence backing your claims. But then this is not about Obama, is it? This is about Chris Christie, the former Republican frontrunner for the Republican Presidential nomination. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, huh 4825? What did Christie know and when did he know it? Why didn’t he do anything about it? Why didn’t he even look into it? One has to wonder. Anyway, a criminal investigation has been launched.

Jan 09, 2014 3:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

@flash

On Hil and Bill you actually be right for once. But only on Hil and Bill.

Jan 09, 2014 3:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Christie might just as well be a Democrat considering he doesn’t stand for anything the Republican party is supposed to represent and support. He also lies as well as Obama, who never knows anything about anything.

Jan 09, 2014 3:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mercyneal wrote:

The EMT people said today the 91 year old woman did not die because of the traffic jam.

Also, I seem to remember a certain Mary Jo Kopechne who drowned because of a certain drunk driver…. who went home to sober up for eight hours before contacting the police.

Jan 09, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

It all seems a bit overblown. It’s ugly, but Christie appears to be handling it as forthright as possible, and rolling heads. That’s all you can do in a situation like this. I think most people, if they look for empathy in their hearts, can find it. I’ll give him a pass on this.

Jan 09, 2014 3:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Bones888 wrote:

This is by far the biggest fake scandal I have ever seen! Cristie showed more honesty in a two hour press conference than I have seen in more than five years of the Obama administration. Benghazi, Fast and Furious, IRS, NSA; Hillary’s 100k bribe (cattle futures), BJs in the white house, etc, etc. None of this bothers you liberals, but this…traffic jam…now this…THIS…is a real scandal! Pathetic.

Jan 09, 2014 3:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
pilgrimson wrote:

What a relief that the 20-year-olds in the news media with no historical frame of reference, have bored themselves with reporting on winter, and have changed the subject temporarily.

Jan 09, 2014 3:50pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Bones888 wrote:

flashrooster; You are wrong….and naive. The IRS Cincinnati office had a list with following groups put up for extra scrutiny: groups referenced words such as “Tea Party,” “Patriots,” “Israel,” “progressive,” “occupy,” or “9/12 Project” in the case file;outlined issues in the application that included government spending, government debt, or taxes; involved advocating or lobbying to “make America a better place to live”; had statements in the case file that criticized how the country is being run; advocated education about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; were focused on challenging the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — known by many as Obamacare; questioned the integrity of federal elections, etc (quotes from wiki sites). But apparently that’s OK with you. Some organizations were asked what books their members were reading…that’s Stalinesque. While some liberal groups were scrutized, far more conservative ones were. The IRS’s own inspector found issues, but you know better than him don’t you?

Jan 09, 2014 3:56pm EST  --  Report as abuse
pafaye wrote:

Stupidity, just outrageous stupidity. Did they not realize the real and potential harm they were creating? How do people so stupid reach administrative roles such as they had? Just shaking my head.

Jan 09, 2014 4:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cathyz wrote:

Why doesn’t anyone address who the names belong to that are blacked out (redacted) on all the suspect emails?

Jan 09, 2014 4:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
tpvero wrote:

I can not believe an aid would act alone as Christie is saying. She is taking a fall and I am thinking she will be rewarded well. This after all, is how thugs in politics work. We need a healthy and honest presidential candidate, not a walking coronary who can act sincere while telling a huge lie.

Jan 09, 2014 4:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
tpvero wrote:

I can not believe an aid would act alone as Christie is saying. She is taking a fall and I am thinking she will be rewarded well. This after all, is how thugs in politics work. We need a healthy and honest presidential candidate, not a walking coronary who can act sincere while telling a huge lie.

Jan 09, 2014 4:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Christie is a man of practical action and straight talker. If only Obama and Democratic senators would fire those in charge of implementing Obamacare which has caused much, much more grief, agony, and frustration for those who had their individual healthcare plans cancelled and/or forced to pay higher premiums for higher deductibles, and for all those in 2014 who will have their business healthcare plans cancelled (estimated at 75 million people by Health and Human Services agency in early 2013 so it is not a surprise to Obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc) Perhaps they should fire themselves since they misled American public for years for their own election purposes.

Jan 09, 2014 4:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Chige wrote:

Him not knowing (even if true) is not good enough. The employees will generally do what their boss would like them to do. In that case they (the staff in question) may purposely not tell Christie about it, knowing that is better for the boss to not know the “dirty details”. His staff has to handle the dirty details, this is their job and that is why they are hired. The whole thing just tells you what kind of a culture is being promoted by Christie as the leader of his staff. Keep in mind these are people very close to him. No trusted employee will do that unless they knew that their boss would have approved it.
As Democrat leaning independent I liked Christie, I liked how he handled the conference too, but even if I believed that he did not know about it, I would still not trust him.

Jan 09, 2014 4:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

I’m still wondering where Obama was the night 4 Americans were murdered in Benghazi. But they won’t tell and the press will never ask. What hypocrisy!

Jan 09, 2014 4:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

Let’s see, we didn’t need a special prosecutor to investigate Fast and Furious. Obama successfully stonewalled that investigation. We didn’t need one for the IRS scandal. We didn’t need one for Benghazi. But let an aide create a 4 day traffic jam and all of a sudden this is what we need a special prosecutor to investigate. What a bunch of bull! I don’t like Christie. Never did, never will. But this reaction is over the top.

Jan 09, 2014 4:56pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWAGER wrote:

Chige–Do you give Obama a pass for the things he didn’t know. You know, the things he read in the paper like everyone else?

Jan 09, 2014 4:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

SeekingLeaders: LOL…The difference between the botched Obamacare roll out and this is that there was never any suggestion of criminal activity. Just maladroit implementers. Here there is possibly criminal wrongdoing. The e-mails would suggest intent. It needs to be investigate, and it will be.

Jan 09, 2014 5:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

A 91-year-old woman was not killed by Christie. She died of being 91 and having her life depend on Jersey traffic. Christ, that’s like saying the pope killed 8 people recently because traffic on pope day in Mexico City was crazy. Actually, that is kind of true. Never mind. Bad pope.

Jan 09, 2014 5:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

NEWAGER: Where was Obama? I’m sure it’s not hard to pin point the President of the United States’ whereabouts on that night. But that’s a different topic, no? This is about Chris Christie, not President Obama. Unless you know something the rest of us don’t, Obama had nothing to do with this scandal.

Partisanship has made you guys insane. You’re obsessed with your hatred of our first black President. Shame.

Jan 09, 2014 5:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CMEBARK wrote:

Get a life. Benghazi is a non-starter.

Jan 09, 2014 5:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

Bones888: Haha, you people are desperate. I’m not wrong. The only thing the IRS was guilty of was utilizing tactics that looked bad. It’s kind of like racial profiling. In New York cops are more apt to stop blacks because there’s a higher percentage of blacks committing crimes. In Arizona it’s Hispanics. So in the interest of streamlining the process, the IRS flagged organizations that had political names. They did it with both liberal and conservative groups. However, there is no indication that this process discriminated against any group or that any organization was denied tax exempt status because of their ideological bent. That’s it. Case closed.

Jan 09, 2014 5:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Kelly and Wildstein should be charged for their part in causing the delayed EMS response for that poor elderly woman who died.

This is what republicans are really like, folks, we’d all do well to remember this before stepping into the voting booth in November.

This is going to follow Christie for the rest of his career.

Jan 09, 2014 5:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cautious123 wrote:

Sorry, but someone created an atmosphere in his administration that said: this is OK. Mean, spiteful, vindictive, power-abusive, and pathetically stupid–no one involved in this should ever be allowed into public service again.

Jan 09, 2014 5:41pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

AlkalineState: For my part, I’m not yet willing to give Christie a pass. Too many obvious questions. As I said earlier, you have to wonder why Christie didn’t look into this when it was happening. When the busiest bridge in your state, one of the busiest in the world, get’s bottled up, as governor you need to be aware of it and know the facts, and do something to remedy it when possible. The actual event occurred over a 4 day period. When did Christie first find about about the traffic problem? What was he told and by whom? Again, was it really necessary to do a traffic study on this busiest bridge in the state during rush hour for 4 days? Doesn’t make sense. If I was governor I’d want to know if such a study was imperative and, if not, to stop it immediately so traffic could flow freely. Then I’d look into who ordered the study and demand to know why. It doesn’t look like Christie did any of that.

Jan 09, 2014 5:43pm EST  --  Report as abuse
NBE wrote:

ajsfca wrote:
Watching governor Christie’s statement and press conference on this story, he comes across as a candid, straightforward and reasonable person, displaying more public integrity and sincerity than most political figures these days. Most people will recognize his decency. Slick, hateful attacks will be recognized as the political and personal malice they are

And I say amen to that. Candid, forthright, etc. I believed him. I am glad he is the governor of my state.

Jan 09, 2014 5:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

Christie strikes me as the kind of guy who’s so good at lying that he’s able to convince himself. It’s just as well. We don’t need a former lobbyist for Bernie Madoff’s firm as our President anyway. Lobbyists are the bane of our Republic. They’re the problem. Certainly not the solution.

Jan 09, 2014 5:50pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

@flashrooster: Fair enough. But as a Democrat with some pretty creepy guys in my own camp (Rahm Emmanuel comes to mind)…. I just gotta watch the rock-throwing. That’s all. Maybe a pass is going too far. I’ll revise my rating to hold :)

Jan 09, 2014 6:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

flashrooster…you are kidding, right? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world? Remember when when Obama said he had no knowledge about a report concerning controversial IRS practices? Remember when Obama said he did not know about Obamacare website glitches? Remember when Obama claimed he didn’t know about the Petraeus Investigation? Remember when Obama said he had no idea that the DOJ had seized The AP’s phone records? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about Fast and Furious until he saw it in the media? Talk about ignorant and irresponsible. I agree Christie has some questions to answer, but our President, the man in charge of the U.S. has yet to answers questions as well.

Jan 09, 2014 6:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

flashrooster…you are kidding, right? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world? Remember when when Obama said he had no knowledge about a report concerning controversial IRS practices? Remember when Obama said he did not know about Obamacare website glitches? Remember when Obama claimed he didn’t know about the Petraeus Investigation? Remember when Obama said he had no idea that the DOJ had seized The AP’s phone records? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about Fast and Furious until he saw it in the media? Talk about ignorant and irresponsible. I agree Christie has some questions to answer, but our President, the man in charge of the U.S. has yet to answers questions as well.

Jan 09, 2014 6:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

flashrooster…you are kidding, right? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world? Remember when when Obama said he had no knowledge about a report concerning controversial IRS practices? Remember when Obama said he did not know about Obamacare website glitches? Remember when Obama claimed he didn’t know about the Petraeus Investigation? Remember when Obama said he had no idea that the DOJ had seized The AP’s phone records? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about Fast and Furious until he saw it in the media? Talk about ignorant and irresponsible. I agree Christie has some questions to answer, but our President, the man in charge of the U.S. has yet to answers questions as well.

Jan 09, 2014 6:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

flashrooster…you are kidding, right? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world? Remember when when Obama said he had no knowledge about a report concerning controversial IRS practices? Remember when Obama said he did not know about Obamacare website glitches? Remember when Obama claimed he didn’t know about the Petraeus Investigation? Remember when Obama said he had no idea that the DOJ had seized The AP’s phone records? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about Fast and Furious until he saw it in the media? Talk about ignorant and irresponsible. I agree Christie has some questions to answer, but our President, the man in charge of the U.S. has yet to answers questions as well.

Jan 09, 2014 6:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

flashrooster…you are kidding, right? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world? Remember when when Obama said he had no knowledge about a report concerning controversial IRS practices? Remember when Obama said he did not know about Obamacare website glitches? Remember when Obama claimed he didn’t know about the Petraeus Investigation? Remember when Obama said he had no idea that the DOJ had seized The AP’s phone records? Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about Fast and Furious until he saw it in the media? Talk about ignorant and irresponsible. I agree Christie has some questions to answer, but our President, the man in charge of the U.S. has yet to answers questions as well.

Jan 09, 2014 6:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

“Remember when Obama said he didn’t know about surveillance of U.S.-allied world?”

No. I remember when he denied to comment on it. Like all past Presidents, because it’s classified. Bottom line, if you have NATO nukes or you order up 150 F-16′s out of the blue, and you are receiving U.S. intel feeds…. expect some surveillance. It’s been that way for 70 years, friend or frenemey.

Jan 09, 2014 6:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

AlkalineState: I never thought much of Rahm Emmanuel either. I wasn’t at all disappointed when I heard he was leaving the Obama Administration. Too bad for Chicago. Our gain is their loss :O)

Jan 09, 2014 6:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
garyphillips wrote:

Kelly is responsible for the death of that 91 year old woman and she (Kelly) should face charges of manslaughter.

Jan 09, 2014 6:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
WhyMeLord wrote:

Bad idea locking the barn door after the horses are stolen; how’s that working for you big guy? Seems like even big guys get caught with their pants down, although that’s not a very pretty picture.
Let’s hope another war breaks out somewhere, or another horrible disaster occurs to divert our eyes from what’s going on here, maybe.
Chris has gone from the frying pan right into the fire; with any luck, his undertow when he sinks will pull his ilk down with him.

Jan 09, 2014 6:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

Alkie…you misunderstood. This is when President Obama told Chancellor Merkel he would have stopped the surveillance HAD HE KNOWN ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Jan 09, 2014 6:50pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

ajsfca wrote: “Watching governor Christie’s statement and press conference on this story, he comes across as a candid, straightforward and reasonable person, displaying more public integrity and sincerity than most political figures these days. Most people will recognize his decency. Slick, hateful attacks will be recognized as the political and personal malice they are.”

Nailed it. Thank you.

Jan 09, 2014 6:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

gregbrew56…you nailed it…yes, you nailed it. He is a man of action…

Jan 09, 2014 7:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

@Mildcat48, can you post the link with Obama saying that to Merkel? Not saying it doesn’t exist, it’s just not showing up in searches. Thanks.

Jan 09, 2014 7:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
patrickduff wrote:

If he was so blindsided then why did he ask four weeks ago for his staff to let him know if they had anything to do with the closures or knew anything about them? He gave his staff one hour to tell him about anything they knew. It’s seems the trail went cold after a lengthy hour of vetting so Mr. Christie went public with a lie. I do thank him for vetting his, as he said, some 65,000 employees in one hour on an issue that effected millions of people in a negative fashion. For him it doesn’t matter because he can just park the helicopter on a baseball field so he doesn’t miss his kid go 0-3. Others died waiting for emergency services while his best buddies were giving high fives over giving a political rasberry to an opponent’s buddy. I think he will make a great choice for President considering his complete lack of judgement on everything to his top aides to his dietary choices. Long live the Elephant as a symbol of the Republican party.

Jan 09, 2014 9:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildcat48 wrote:

Alka….reuters oct 2013

Jan 09, 2014 10:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Phrrho wrote:

Great, so you fired everyone. Now go jump off the bridge.

Jan 09, 2014 11:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cbj wrote:

I just have to point out that al of you that are outraged by this (true or not) have absolutely zero idea of how politics works.
Having been born and raised in Chicago while Richard J. Daley was in his glory this event is small potatoes indeed.
The ‘machine’ in Chicago is still alive and well albeit not to the same open and transparent manner. Come to think of it that IS where Pres. Obama made his bones, isn’t it?

This IS how politics works, it is how politics was created to work and this is how it will always work until you boneheads figure out that government while necessary in one form or another is NOT your friend. It should be kept on a short leash and muzzled.

Jan 10, 2014 2:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cbj wrote:

flashrooster wrote:

“Christie strikes me as the kind of guy who’s so good at lying that he’s able to convince himself. It’s just as well. We don’t need a former lobbyist for Bernie Madoff’s firm as our President anyway. Lobbyists are the bane of our Republic. They’re the problem. Certainly not the solution.”

So, you going to include all of the Union lobbists, Hemp groups, Wood sprites etc.? They lobby too, don’t they?
If lobbies are evil then it matters not what they lobby for, but if you let one in you have to let them ALL in.
So, what is it?

Frankly, I don’t care for Christie one way or the other . . . he is no better or worse than the rest of the pack.

Jan 10, 2014 2:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.