French conservatives march against government 'family-phobia'

southport wrote:

This is what I fear.. A small group of rabidly conservatives who try to wrap themselves in religious doctrine are going to try and turn back the clock on this issue. They will most likely follow the tactics used against women and their reproductive rights.

Feb 02, 2014 10:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
southport wrote:

Feb 02, 2014 10:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

Geoffroy Didier, deputy secretary general of the opposition center-right UMP:

“I wouldn’t want to find myself alongside a minority whose positions are dubious or even quite problematic,”

Very much like centrist Republicans regarding Tea Party zealots in the U.S.

Thinking people must make it clear to centrists that the electorate, and ultimately, history, is on their side. Dogma-based extremism has no place in politics.

Feb 02, 2014 11:32am EST  --  Report as abuse
OnTheGround wrote:

The passing of the law for gay “marriage” is a perfect example of dogma-based extremism. This is simply a case of special rights for special interests. The special interest in this case is the homosexual lobbying group. These people want to be considered “normal,” but they aren’t. That’s why they call themselves “queer.” They are creating this dynamic of opposition themselves, with their self-righteous positioning which baits the extreme right.

Feb 02, 2014 11:57am EST  --  Report as abuse
tatman wrote:

@OntThegGound: more like @HeadInTheSand. you are a bigot and a hater, and it is the millions of minds like yours that justify the call for equality for ALL people, not just those that fit your narrow, prejudicial vision of “normality”.

Feb 02, 2014 12:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
lynxx wrote:

If i had been in Paris I would have exercised my right to voice my opinion.
Thats what the pro-gay marriage folks forget.
These people, like me, have a right to say no. And I say no.

I have a right to my religion and the right to use that as a basis for my convictions.
I will not give that up to give anyone peace over their life choices.

Thank you to all who marched. You did it for me too.
May the Lord bless you abundantly.

Feb 02, 2014 12:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
observer2013 wrote:

What I find problematic concerning this article is that it is attempting to draw a direct ideological connection between the individuals that have taken part in this demonstration with those actions of racists and anti-Semitic individuals. It should be noted that this is not a robust argument since the demonstrators may be coming from a variety of different political, societal and religious perspectives.

I find it far too simple to group individuals that share a different perspective regarding a specific matter (Marriage) into a subcategory of individuals that should not be provided a voice within their own political system, because it is contrary to the belief of the majority of the country.

Feb 02, 2014 1:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
f00 wrote:

Yep, like a good robot, casting the “bigot” and “hater” invectives on cue.

Homosexuality isn’t normal, or healthy. It’s a disability. Rational people know that. Ideologues say “meh” to reality, and try to crush those that respect it.

Feb 02, 2014 2:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LavandarMist wrote:

@f00, when you attempt to snatch our rights away, we rightfully come at you with knives, you worthless Christian zealot.

Feb 02, 2014 2:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Defense of children? Children don’t need defense against same sex loving couples who want to marry. Children need defense against parents who wish to instill their bigotry and prejudices onto their children.

Feb 02, 2014 3:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jiff3 wrote:

Grab your torches and pitch forks…….hold on, I lost track of who we hating on this time. Is it Jews, woman, Blacks, Muslims, Red headed witches, left handed people….? Please help!!!

Feb 02, 2014 4:59pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AndrewReynold wrote:

To f00 and similar ‘rational’ smarties: what’s rational to you is not necessarily rational to others, so don’t be so nasty, clever man.

I’ve been through this – trying to become ‘normal’ – just like the likes of you wished, for their own convenience and for the misery of others. I live my life happily as a gay man now and these are the best years of my life. That is all.

Feb 02, 2014 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AndrewReynold wrote:

Feb 02, 2014 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
daydreamer220 wrote:

“encouraged children to be homosexual”? French idiots think homosexuality is something you can be encouraged to choose to being?
That’s for certain ” sex-related roles are social constructs rather than due to natural differences”, the social system of dominant motherhood has still been existing in some part of the world.

Feb 03, 2014 3:38am EST  --  Report as abuse
daydreamer220 wrote:

Feb 03, 2014 3:38am EST  --  Report as abuse
JohnHoward wrote:

Men and women have complementary rights, not exactly equal. Only men have a right to impregnate women, only women have a right to have a man’s child, etc. We should reject the idea of “postgenderism” which is a form of “transhumanism” and would be really expensive and harm equality and dignity. Men have a right to be men, and women have a right to be women, and postgenderism threatens those basic rights.

Congress (and every country) should pass a Natural Marriage and Reproduction Act that prohibits creating a human by any method except joining the natural gametes of a man and a woman, and that prescribes the effect of marriage as approving and allowing the couple to conceive offspring together.

Feb 03, 2014 9:50am EST  --  Report as abuse
corareyn wrote:

For all?! LOL except for gay people. Oh please, children are not affected in any way by gay couples or their marriages. Adoption brings kids in from the streets. Gay marriage is a good thing.

Get over yourselves French conservatives.

Feb 03, 2014 11:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
ldfrmc wrote:

They didn’t march 15 years ago when France gave every couple – gay or straight – the right to form a PAC and not marry.

50% of couples in France live together without marriage now and 95% of those PACs are different-sex couples.
Well over 50% of children are born to unwed mothers in France.
And divorce is just under 50%.

Marchers marching for the wrong reason.

Feb 03, 2014 11:45am EST  --  Report as abuse
EricWagram wrote:

I find it troubling that normal families have to resort to demonstrations in order to gain respect in society. I don’t think homosexuality should be criminal. But it’s far from heroic.

Feb 03, 2014 3:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MSwanson wrote:

I guess you can only push people so far. Good to see people around the world standing up to these homosexual freaks and politically correct thought control.

Feb 03, 2014 8:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Chazbot wrote:

Remember that the French were not just occupied: they actively collaborated with the Nazis and happily shipped Jews off top the death camps. These are the Vichy French: the Catholic, antisemetic right-wing who helped Hitler purge France pf ‘undesireables’ and will try again.

Feb 05, 2014 7:45am EST  --  Report as abuse
John_Allman wrote:

The protesters are right.

“The child … shall, wherever possible, grow up in the care and under the responsibility of his parents …”

[UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child, Principle 6]

To deliberately bring a child with the prior intention of depriving him of one of his parents, either of his mother or of his father, is wicked, and against the spirit of the said convention.

Feb 07, 2014 3:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse