Obama settles into long weekend of golf with buddies

Comments (38)
disengage wrote:

now, our president obama, has found his comfort zone…he should not spend this time, going over all the misery, that is happening around the world, with his security staff…. naaa…why is this?..because mr president Obama, would be required to do his own research sometimes, so he could form his own opinions….then, in the meetings, he could manage and evaluate all the people around him…..but, that would be something, that a professional does, which Obama is not, after many longgggg years….do your job!!!! forget the golf..you fiddle , while America falters…or is this your objective all along….

Feb 15, 2014 4:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BUCKEYEGAL wrote:

AHHH Yes!

The meeting was a made up excuse to play golf and nothing else. Throw some money at the Ca. drought situation, have a 2 hour meeting and play golf,golf,golf and live like an emperor on our dime. that’s the Obama way! Oh, forgot Michelle and the girls are in Aspen..keep spending our money you incompetent fakir!

Feb 15, 2014 5:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ML-NJ wrote:

Did he win the Mega-millions lottery, or the Presidency?

Feb 15, 2014 7:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
whatever11 wrote:

well he does have a pocket full of money now that he got his credit card increase

Feb 15, 2014 8:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Speaker2 wrote:

Ah, a little golf and the racist Obama hatesr crawl from under their rocks.

Feb 15, 2014 9:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

All he’s good for is playing golf, and he’s probably not very good at that.

Feb 15, 2014 10:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
disengage wrote:

it suits him better than the presidency…

Feb 15, 2014 10:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sabrefencer wrote:

stay working, forget the golf, mr president obama..the world and the states, are crumbling before your very eyes…spend more time on the job..lead…that’s why you were voted in for…INCLUSIVENESS..accept your responsibilities to ALL THE PEOPLE

Feb 15, 2014 10:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
DJ65 wrote:

For everybody on here, if a person who goes by “4825″ posts on here, please ignore them. S/he is a TROLL who purposely tries to get people riled up without supporting any statements with fact. if you insist on debating with this person, ask them to support their posts with facts. You will realize very quickly that this person is more interested in pushing your buttons than expressing an educated opinion with the intent of learning from other’s.

Feb 16, 2014 8:51am EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

It would be much better for the country if he would play more golf.

@Speaker2- What is up with you and calling people that disagree with this president a racist? That is straight from MSNCBC and the liberal playbook. I am frankly a little surprised at you for doing this since even though I disagree with you most of the time you typically make a much more logical argument than to just make a stupid statements.

Feb 16, 2014 9:19am EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

@DJ65- Look in the mirror. That makes 24 “cut and paste” for you.

Feb 16, 2014 10:14am EST  --  Report as abuse
DJ65 wrote:

I feel it my duty to report trolls to others. that would be you, “4825″, and also, as it appears, “ready2013″.

Feb 16, 2014 10:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
Speaker2 wrote:

@4825 You know its fine if they disagree with his policies, but to hammer on him for playing golf is petty. Nearly all Presidents play golf and like anyone else he does have personal time. These folks tend to be racist, dislike the guy because he is black.

Feb 16, 2014 11:24am EST  --  Report as abuse
johnathan58 wrote:

I read the headline and wondered why this is even a story. It’s all he’s ever done.

Feb 16, 2014 11:50am EST  --  Report as abuse
daniel155 wrote:

I wish stories would not report that the President is playing golf because it just invites a lot of snarky comments. Don’t blame golf if you think that he is bad president because he would still be a bad president even if he never teed up a ball.

Even bad presidents deserve to play golf if they want to.

Feb 16, 2014 12:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
2Borknot2B wrote:

Conversation held during a game or over food can be just as, if not more productive than sitting behind a desk. Get a clue haters.

Feb 16, 2014 12:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BORRISOTOOLE wrote:

Interesting “The Patrician” George W Bush decided not to play golf for the last 6 years of his Presidency while our troops were in harms way. “The Man of the People, Mr Hope and Change” plays golf at very possible opportunity.

Feb 16, 2014 12:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BORRISOTOOLE wrote:

Interesting “The Patrician” George W Bush decided not to play golf for the last 6 years of his Presidency while our troops were in harms way. “The Man of the People, Mr Hope and Change” plays golf at very possible opportunity.

Feb 16, 2014 12:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BORRISOTOOLE wrote:

Interesting “The Patrician” George W Bush decided not to play golf for the last 6 years of his Presidency while our troops were in harms way. “The Man of the People, Mr Hope and Change” plays golf at very possible opportunity.

Feb 16, 2014 12:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
4825 wrote:

@speaker2- You may be right about a few but I honestly believe the bigots are few and far. I think most people being critical of the President are ctitical because of the policy, not because of his skin color. I can, of course, only speak for myself but it is the policy, not the man that I disagree with. Another thing that has really brought a lot of people out against him IMO has been the feeling that he has been dishonest with us. I believe his dishonesty is real and that many folks would agree. I do believe the racist comments are unfair though and believe a debate of the policy is really what matters.

Feb 16, 2014 12:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

Some people are less than tolerant of opinions contrary to their own. Hence, they hurl ad hominem derogatory epithets, such as “racist” and “hater” at those with whom they disagree. So, what does that make them?

Feb 16, 2014 1:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BORRISOTOOLE wrote:

Interesting during the last 6 or 7 years of his presidency the “Patrician” George W Bush chose not to play golf while troops were in harms way. President Obama, a man of the people who campaigned on “Hope and Change” golf on a totally private course in an ultra exclusive location. Question who is the “child of privilage now?” Man of the people he golfs in Palm Springs She ski’s with the kids in Aspen?

Feb 16, 2014 1:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BORRISOTOOLE wrote:

Interesting during the last 6 or 7 years of his presidency the “Patrician” George W Bush chose not to play golf while troops were in harms way. President Obama, a man of the people who campaigned on “Hope and Change” golf on a totally private course in an ultra exclusive location. Question who is the “child of privilage now?” Man of the people he golfs in Palm Springs She ski’s with the kids in Aspen?

Feb 16, 2014 1:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
chardest wrote:

tax payer dollars to send them to different vacation destinations? Do I have that right?

Feb 16, 2014 2:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ineeditbad wrote:

I am Unemployed….I’ve been treated like DIRT from both State and Federal Levels. States are looking for ways to Deny UI Benefits…I haven’t received a DIME in the past 8 weeks. Riddled with On-Line Forms that ask Questions that are both Unfair and Irrelevant. Never have I been treated like a piece of filth and I’m 50 now….I haven’t even been approved yet…For ANY UI Insurance because of constant Push back and Questions that are total BS with no means to Question or Challenge the “Questions”…We are ALL Doomed…I can’t provide for my 9 year old son, Power is scheduled to be shut off this month…forget about the mortgage and buying Food. I am a Professional in the IT Industry for 30 years now and jobs are now offered Overseas in China or India anywhere outside the USA for companies like Dell Computer…or most US Technology Companies…

Feb 16, 2014 2:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ineeditbad wrote:

Could Reuters or maybe CNN report that the President had a good weekend of Golf? Or that Michelle Obama was off on another 10 Million dollar cost/month to the taxpayers enjoying her Family vacation as well?

Feb 16, 2014 2:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
valwayne wrote:

Our INCOMPETENT LIAR of the Year President flying out to California spewing tons of Greeenhouse gases into the environment from Airforce One to spend a weekend Golfing. While the nightmare of Obamacare continues to kill jobs and slam the economy Obama plays Golf? I suppose while he’s plying golf he’s not doing more damage. Obama is the worst President in all of U.S. History.

Feb 16, 2014 3:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
valwayne wrote:

Our INCOMPETENT LIAR of the Year President flying out to California spewing tons of Greeenhouse gases into the environment from Airforce One to spend a weekend Golfing. While the nightmare of Obamacare continues to kill jobs and slam the economy Obama plays Golf? I suppose while he’s plying golf he’s not doing more damage. Obama is the worst President in all of U.S. History.

Feb 16, 2014 3:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
csmats wrote:

Hey liberals, conservatives wouldn’t begrudge Obama or any other president “a little golf” or “an annual vacation.” But TFG plays golf like he chain smokes and has racked up more vacation miles than the Kardashians.

Feb 16, 2014 3:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse

I’m sure the irony is lost on his progressive and environmentalist supporters that golf courses are among the highest consumers of water.

Feb 16, 2014 6:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
daniel155 wrote:

Don’t blame golf. He would still be a bad president if he never ever teed up a golf ball.

Feb 16, 2014 7:55pm EST  --  Report as abuse
veteran1 wrote:

Well, he did spent a bit over two hours in the drought devastated and impoverished Central Valley . . . now on to the important business. Oh, and notwithstanding the drought, the greens on those Palm Springs golf courses are emerald green, aren’t they.

A man has gotta have priorities.

Feb 16, 2014 8:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
PerryLogan wrote:

So much for the theory that Obama is a socialist. urely socialists don’t play golf.

Feb 16, 2014 9:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
roc1 wrote:

The President’s vacations, as well as his family vacations, are paid for by them personally to my knowledge. The travel and security costs for the vacations are paid for by the taxpayer through Congressional-approved expenditures. The President never really gets a day “off”, so it is 24/7 security, and security is directly connected to travel modes.

Feb 16, 2014 9:34pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BlackSaint wrote:

We have elected a very incompetent lazy man for President! He thinks his job is to give teleprompter reading to the cult members and then he is free for sports, vacations and partying hard on the tax payer,s money!

Feb 17, 2014 8:21am EST  --  Report as abuse
willich6 wrote:

@Roc1; you are so wrong……….. The President paid ‘not a dime’ for this 3 Day ‘golf outing’.. This was business – a 2 hour campaign stop in Fresno, and then a meeting in Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs)- ALL Travel costs for this boondoggle at probably $1M/day for plane, crew, security, entourage, etc are covered by the good old American taxpayer…
By the way; our Prez is setting new records every year; In 2013 he golfed on ‘our dime’ 46 times – a New presidential record.. 2014 is actually starting out on a record pace, as well..

Feb 17, 2014 12:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Idiot! … http://obamagolfcounter.com/

Feb 21, 2014 12:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Idiot! … http://obamagolfcounter.com/ …

Feb 21, 2014 12:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.