Renowned Spanish flamenco guitarist Paco de Lucia dies at 66

elcaito wrote:

This is a sad day for me personally. I love Paco De Lucia. His flamenco gave me purpose, gave me my passion, and inspired me throughout my life and the music I played.
Thank you Paco. Thank you for your love of flamenco music and all with a simple smile, a quirk of the lips and the eyes of an angel.
Gracias por tu corazón y amor.

Feb 26, 2014 4:48am EST  --  Report as abuse
ElHebreo wrote:

Incredible guitar player, and the one that so many owe him the first touch eith Flamenco music and culture.
Some of his greatest moments:

Feb 26, 2014 6:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
martingowar wrote:

RIP Paco.
24/12/1947 – 26/2/2014.
66 years.
Too young a death for one so talented as he, who had so much joyful music still to give the world.

Feb 26, 2014 6:52am EST  --  Report as abuse

You will be missed, Paco. Thank you and keep strumming away, for eternity!

Feb 26, 2014 10:50am EST  --  Report as abuse
YONATAN wrote:

When will our government extend the unemployment benefits to the two million plus workers which had loss their benefits late December of 2013? While the Republicans are playing politics, these people are facing eviction, hunger, and hopelessness. It’s truly a shame that these same Republicans who claim to stand for “family Values”, have shown themselves to be severely lacking in common decency and values whatsoever. I hope that the public will remember the Republican callousness at next election, and vote them out of office.

△ ▽

Feb 26, 2014 12:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
DrRck wrote:

I’m stunned.

Although I performed for 40 years on classical guitar, I had the greatest respect and admiration for him and his music, and he was universally admired (and envied) among my guitarist friends. He was an incandescent guitarist.

Feb 26, 2014 4:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Paco de Lucia’s passing is a great loss to the world of culture. His legacy will move on. To pay our respects, we made a tribute memorial in his honor: http://www.thememorium.com/Memorials/paco-de-lucia RIP

Feb 27, 2014 12:34am EST  --  Report as abuse

What a legend and I’m certain most people have never heard of him.

Feb 27, 2014 1:18am EST  --  Report as abuse
art-lover wrote:

Thanks for the post! This guitarist was amazing… I found great musics of Paco de Lucia in Art Days, here is the link! http://www.art-days.com/paco-de-lucia-homage/ Enjoy! :)

Mar 01, 2014 6:22am EST  --  Report as abuse