Google ordered to remove anti-Islamic film from YouTube

Randy549 wrote:

So it’s about a copyright dispute rather than a freedom of expression issue. But if that distinction weren’t in the headline not as many people would click on the story; I get it.

Feb 26, 2014 1:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregio wrote:

Another case of leftist apologists desperately trying to make the lie that a video was the reason for the attack in Bengazi. The muslims don’t need your excuses, the POTUS does and works hard to muddy the water every chance he or Hillary gets.

Feb 26, 2014 1:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Slammy wrote:

Way off subject, South Park had an episode in 2000 titled Super Friends in which Mohamed is portrayed as a cartoon character fighting crime. No controversy, no protests, no riots or anything else after the episode was aired. But after the Norwegian cartoons surfaced depicting Mohammad several years back Cartoon Network pulled the episode and promised never show it again. They also placed a gag on the show from ever using Mohamed again. How the world wide Muslim community became so overly sensitive in these few years I will never understand.

Feb 26, 2014 4:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse

@randy549, from the way I read it you are correct. Google was forced to remove it because she did not want it on there.

At first I was like no way the government can make Google take it down, clear violation of freedom of speech. But now that I see the reasoning, seems perfectly acceptable to me. The ‘actress’ has a right to not allow her material to be posted, pending the final outcome of her copyright case of course.

Feb 26, 2014 4:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LrgandinChrg wrote:

The connection between the film and the attack on Benghazi has been repeatedly debunked. Only Reuters could so stubbornly repeat this propaganda. Benghazi was a terrorist attack that had nothing to do with this “silly little” movie.

I wonder how many actors and actresses in straight to DVD movies which they could press such a claim. There is zero doubt this is unconstitutional and it won’t stand.

The 9th Circus rides again!

Feb 26, 2014 4:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
thebriang wrote:

depicted?

Feb 26, 2014 8:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
shaheryar wrote:

thanks for youtube open in pakistan USA Govt.

Feb 26, 2014 8:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheSarfaraz wrote:

Good of the Ninth US Circuit Court and the actress who stuck with this till the end -

Feb 26, 2014 11:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Taking the film down now will do nothing to protect Cindy Lee Garcia. Too little, too late. That train has left the station and it’s not coming back.

Feb 27, 2014 12:02am EST  --  Report as abuse
MacIII wrote:

I find it odd that there is a court ruling to remove this film. There are so many anti Christian videos that no one demands to have taken down, the same with anti Jew videos. Videos that promote hate.

Feb 27, 2014 7:17am EST  --  Report as abuse
MicheleB1246 wrote:

What about all the anti-gay films and anti-pagan films? Should Google remove those, too? It’s too bad the Muslims are upset. Tough patooties. Freedom of speech. Get used to it.

Feb 27, 2014 8:46am EST  --  Report as abuse
RazorsEdge wrote:

How these constitutional ignoramuses get on the Federal bench is disgusting.

Feb 27, 2014 12:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Since when do actors retain copyright to their acting performance in a film? I think this is just the Left’s way of trying to cover up the LIES of Benghazi once again. The Muslim rioters in Libya had no idea about this film until the CIA was directed to misdirect the masses, including the people of the United States. We just are not THAT stupid to believe such ridiculousness like the Executive Office would want to believe.

Look, I know my Government lies to me, but their lack of grace when they’re caught is ridiculous, egregious, and unforgivable (Bill Clinton – Lewinsky, White Water; Nixon – Watergate, which is extremely tame compared to the Lies of today’s Executive Office; Obama and Benghazi, IRS, Healthcare – 3 different scandals – ALL LIES to save his own ass before re-election).

It isn’t as much of WHAT these examples above did as it is that WHEN they were caught and continued to stand their transparent position, THEY CONTINUED TO LIE about it further insulting the intelligence of the American people. It is one thing to be lied to, but another if you know that it is a lie and you tell the person that you know they are lying and they do not relinquish the position – that lack of respect is a double slap in the face.

Feb 27, 2014 1:55pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Keep repeating the same lie over and over and eventually they believe it, I guess. While I am not for the stupid film, I am for the freedom of expression. Why isn’t our Government, who is supposed to protect those freedoms, setting this precedent? Google should NOT be forced to remove content for Freedom of Expression. People need to grow up and simply CHOOSE not to view it and quit trying to control other people.

Feb 27, 2014 2:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
spd1275 wrote:

Since Google chooses to censor anti Islamic videos then perhaps it is time for me to choose alternate services than Google. I’ve been with you for well over 10 years. If politics and political correctness not control the company then adios.

Feb 27, 2014 2:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
spd1275 wrote:

You are not government so you can choose to censor comments. I disagree with your decision and, because of your attitude, I will now choose to avoid any and all Google services. You justify it, I presume, because you are fearful of Islamic backlash. Readers do not have to read it. You could attach a disclaimer. You could do a lot of things but you choose to censor. It is your right and I respect it.

I hope you also respect my right to methodically eliminate any and all services backed by your firm. No hatred, no malice. Simply my right to use services I by a REAL open minded and inclusive company with no politically correct point of view. Goodbye a Google. These past 12 years has been a pleasure.

Feb 27, 2014 2:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Aranhas wrote:

The 9th Circuit has been a joke since I first heard about its rulings in the 1970s. Nobody expects them to make reasonable, common sense, legally appropriate rulings. Everyone expects to go to the next level. They are a necessary broken step in the process of resolving constitutional issues. Kind of like a mud puddle in the road.

Feb 27, 2014 3:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Look, I know my Government lies to me, but their lack of grace when

Feb 27, 2014 5:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

*I honestly think that If “Muslim” wasn’t in the equation and the fact that this video was the fake excuse by the current Administration that lied to the American people regarding the terrorist attack on Benghazi, this so called video probably wouldn’t be an issue.*

Yep, if it was ‘Innocence of the Christians’ – with basically the same content spun against Christians, it would be laughed about on Chris Matthews or whatever other mindless shows people watch now.

Feb 28, 2014 9:04am EST  --  Report as abuse
layla59 wrote:

Why is islam the most picked on religion by the media? I get freedom of expression but is it necessary to tarnish another religions reputation in the process. I feel that if anything about any religion is posted online people need to be very careful of the mixed messages they put across

Mar 03, 2014 7:13am EST  --  Report as abuse
Unexpurgated wrote:

It’s not about copyright dispute as much as it’s about how many people are going to die if the courts don’t bow down to the Muslim world view. Our judges and politicians are corrupt on the best of days and eagerly sell themselves and their opinions for whatever they desire. Everywhere we go, we spread our selfish ideals. Frankly, I don’t blame the Muslims for hating everything we stand for, and tbh, I’m not sure I blame the politicians since they are incapable of standing for what is right and decent even when lives aren’t hanging in the balance. There is no justice for the poor or marginalized in America unless they stand up and start killing people apparently. No wonder the world thinks we’re a bunch of insanely selfish overgrown children. The movie sounds retarded and only the lowest low-lifes would watch it, but the Muslims apparently get what they want when they kill people. I imagine the only reason this Garcia is pursuing these ends is because she’s receiving death threats. Offend the Christians. Offend the fat people. Offend the poor. Offend the sick, weak, and defenseless–BECAUSE GOD KNOWS THEY ARE EASY TARGETS! But offend the Muslims? Perish the thought–or die. That’s the message, people. You like that smell? That’s the smell of the end of the American Dream. Rub your face in it and get used to it. That way it won’t be so annoying later on when it gets worse.

Mar 03, 2014 3:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse