Venezuela unrest shakes up opposition

Kferrel wrote:

I agree with Capriles. Him and Lopez might not see eye to eye, but agree on Democracy and that there people have been deprived of it. None the less, my prayers with those that protest and have lost their lives in the pursuit of what is right.

Feb 27, 2014 12:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
disengage wrote:

the only thing that can defeat the people of venezuaela, is themselves..look to the middle east, for proof of this…don’t let the Cubans divide you.. if they do, you will be visited in the dark, with the simple words, cuba sends its regards. then total blackness, will consume you…till you win against the govt, remain united and let petty rivalries disappear immediately..if you don’t, you will be welcomed..then, nothingness”’ Venezuela for the Venezuelans

Feb 27, 2014 1:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CommanderOtto wrote:

true, the opposition is starting to feel divided, but I feel offended that you call Leopoldo a “radical.” In that sense, I think you are clearly misinformed…. I know, because i’m Venezuelan.

Feb 27, 2014 1:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
WeHoThom wrote:

Where have all the proofreaders gone? In the sixth paragraph, it should read ‘…by beating Capriles in an election…’

Feb 27, 2014 5:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Yashmak wrote:

I hear a lot of folks talk about how US politics have degenerated in the perception of voters to a Red team vs Blue team mentality. . .

But Venezuela has us beat by a long shot in that regard. They wear jerseys, sporty hats. . .Capriles looks like a NASCAR driver!

Feb 27, 2014 5:59pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jaimito wrote:

The MUD party is an aglomeration of independent parties. MUD means movimiento unidad democratica. Translates as United Democratic Movement. One common goal, Democracy. There are many leaders with the consensus that there must be one element for the purpose of an election, and lead the agglomeration of parties. It is like a human body. Head, legs, arms, veins, blood. The heart is what they have in common, that keeps them together. The heart wants democracy, freedom. Like in a family, father figure and children. Some times a child will speak out of turn. Leopold Lopez is not radical, please. You labeled him as radical, and you are labeling Capriles as weakened politically. There is unity in the wishes for a democratic government. How we go about it, is the way we are doing it. Moderation Capriles, and also show that we have blood in our veins Leopoldo Lopez. Please don’t down play the situation of Venezuela at this moment. This is your continent. Venezuela’s Freedom has a lot do with your Freedom. I Hope you understand my comment in regards to your article. What I mean is Venezuela is not a banana republic , is a country looking for democracy, freedom. Thank you for allowing me to comment, Jaimito

Feb 28, 2014 7:09am EST  --  Report as abuse