Comcast lobbyist Cohen meets his match in FCC's Wheeler

Art16 wrote:

We do not need another monster provider of cable, telephone, and what ever else goes along with it, Comcast went around just eating up the small cable companies, and now it want to become a monopoly? What a greedy bunch of snakes. I can see nothing but price increases for just pushing electrons around coaxial cable. They do not treat their employees fairly, either, saddling them with a customer driven ranking system that allows for all kinds of nonsense to infest the picture of an employees performance. I hope the FCC slams the door shut on their fingers. They deserve a taste of not getting their own way.

Mar 12, 2014 5:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

I sincerely hope regulators squash this deal, a merger would be extremely bad news for consumers.

Comcast gouges their customers, I’ve compared the channels available on Comcast versus similarly priced packages from their competitors and the difference is quite striking, customers always get less for their money with Comcast.

And that X1 platform? Piece of garbage. I had two X1′s, the first DVR lasted a week, the second one died literally 5 minutes after the installer left.

If they didn’t have local monopolies, companies like Comcast would have been forced out by market forces long ago.

Mar 12, 2014 5:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
aabreu0727 wrote:

The merger should not be allowed under any circumstance and Comcast has too much control over everything as it is. Let them stick with their Comcast Universal merger and nothing more.

Mar 12, 2014 9:37pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
holterltd wrote:

My experience with Comcast in Portland OR was brutal. Never ending rate hikes and arrogant customer service is what you can expect with them. Comcast has also failed for 8 years to negotiate in good faith with other providers in Oregon to share Trail Blazer broadcasts (they have a long-term contract with the team), so that if you don’t have Comcast, you won’t see 80% of the team’s televised games. Blazer jokes aside, Comcast even blacks out Blazer home games on NBA league pass! Comcast acts like and already is a regional monopoly. To allow them a 30% US Market share would be criminal.

Mar 13, 2014 1:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse

First of all…there is a monthly survey in America of the least popular company. COMCAST “wins” the very dubious honor on a regular basis. They were an absolute nightmare for me…even when I canceled in August of 2013 because I was moving. In December they sent me a bill for over $800…and I hadn’t even lived in the house for all those months. Please…huge conglomerates are why Americans pay so much and are left with no choices…

Mar 13, 2014 3:13am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Robertla wrote:

okay…….this article substantiates that the ‘revolving door’ between government and industry really does exist…….

it implies that Wheeler’s knowledge of the industry will work for the benefit of our citizens.

let’s see if the system works.

Mar 13, 2014 5:37am EDT  --  Report as abuse