Chile assesses damage after massive quake, tsunami

pray for all, I thought Costa Rica was in the Caribbean not the Pacific

Apr 01, 2014 8:40pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mrf442 wrote:

Costa Rica touches both the Pacific and the Caribbean

Apr 01, 2014 9:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
JoelMateo wrote:

I predict that based on the Pacific Rim earthquakes, that a big one…or several small ones before the big one will hit the California Coast….I have been watching the “rim of fire” for the last 3 months and it appears that CA is way overdue. My prediction is that within the next 20 +/- days you will see a much larger one that hit 4 days ago. I would make vacation plans for Aridzona or further east if I live in Californication if I lived there. Fortunately, I am a Texican and this does not really concern me….

Apr 01, 2014 10:32pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
DontBeLate wrote:

Thank goodness Chile doesn’t have any nuclear power plants…see Fukushima.

Apr 01, 2014 10:43pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

A forecast for magnitude 8.2 quake and tsunami was posted at feww.wordpress.com in March.

Apr 01, 2014 11:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Inevitable4 wrote:

I’m worried about the tectonic plates consequence for Yellow Stone Park

Apr 02, 2014 6:18am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Painkiller wrote:

DontBeLate we do have 2 nuclear power plants on Santiago (not even the 8.8 richter earthquake of 2010 made them collapse -we DO have measures against earthquakes-)
Also this earthquake will do the “dominoe effect” on the whole Pacific Belt, Japan can be posibly affected to.

Apr 02, 2014 7:31am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Rich_F wrote:

earthquakes increasing in exponential frequency was predicted in the Bible as the end of this age approaches. the earth is groaning from the effects of sin on God’s creation. these are warning signs don’t ignore them.

Apr 02, 2014 8:37am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Mylena wrote:

A few days ago in La Brea City ( located in California) residents suffered one 5.4 Earthquake. I told myself, next is Chile and I was damn right.

Apr 02, 2014 9:38am EDT  --  Report as abuse
SerafinaM wrote:

We have had tremor for three weeks prior to these so everyone knew it was coming and people were prepared http://southernpacificreview.com/2014/04/02/8-2-eartquake-in-chile/

Apr 02, 2014 9:52am EDT  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

This is the way preparedness should be done. Bravo, Chile!

Mylena, It’s easy to “predict” things after they happen. I predicted that Duke would be upset in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Really. I DID!

Besides, the quake happened in La Habra, and was 5.1 in magnitude.

Apr 02, 2014 10:40am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Ninny wrote:

the best thing for America to do in order to assist in this disaster would be to send millions of Democrats into the coastal sections of Chile, to use as sand bags, to protect the property and lives there.
Democrats as a group are useless and parasitic. Helping them to make a difference in this world by using them as ‘sandbags’ would give meaning to their otherwise useless and self indulgent, parasitic lifestyle!!!
Hooray for the Democrat Sandbag!!! We care about you, Chile and are sending you the best ‘sandbags’ we’ve got…brain dead and delusional, they are only good for sand bags…use them extensively, we’ve got more where those 10 million came from! and would be more than happy to put them on cargo planes and drop them from very low altitudes onto your beaches to blunt the incoming tsunami……

Apr 02, 2014 11:11am EDT  --  Report as abuse
carlmartel wrote:

California was hit on March 28, Chile was hit on April 1, and Panama was hit today. The western rim of the Ring of Fire seems to be active.

Apr 02, 2014 6:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

Ninny, Don’t let any unrelated opportunity for an irrational partisan rant go to waste! Pathetic…just pathetic.

Perfectly descriptive screen name, btw.

Apr 04, 2014 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse