U.S. Army names Fort Hood shooter, says had mental illness

Comments (70)
zigo wrote:

Another law-abiding soldier went postal.

Apr 02, 2014 8:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ANZUS wrote:

I wonder if mental health is a factor in this shooting also?

Apr 02, 2014 9:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Evil_Clown wrote:

Is this all the Islam has to offer?

Apr 02, 2014 9:59pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
carnivalchaos wrote:

So much for the theory that more guns make us safer. More guns than at Fort Hood? We need to start encouraging a culture without guns.

Apr 02, 2014 10:18pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
CNSG wrote:

Why they won’t announce the number of fatalities? Too many to tell?

Apr 02, 2014 10:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AbeCal wrote:

carnivalchaos, even though it’s an Army base, soldiers aren’t walking around carrying weapons. Servicemembers are actually prohibited from carrying firearms, other than for training purposes.

Apr 02, 2014 10:28pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
xyz2055 wrote:

carnivalchoas…for an excellent example look no further than Mexico. Perhaps the strictest gun laws anywhere. The cartels and their criminals are better armed than their police.

Apr 02, 2014 10:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
carnivalchaos wrote:

xyz2055: And so the answer is more guns? I don’t think so. I know of a better example, Great Britain. And Norway. And Canada. And Australia. And Germany. And France… We just want to be like the rest of the sane world. Not like Mexico or the US. Seriously, how can a sane man argue against encouraging a culture without guns?

Apr 02, 2014 10:55pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ProWest wrote:

Very few people on any base have access to arms.

Apr 02, 2014 11:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ThatsAllShe wrote:

@carnivalass

It’s not a theory, IT’S A FACT.

Apr 02, 2014 11:07pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Oma wrote:

We can also encourage a less violent way of life.
Not fighting wars in so many distant places.
End the war on drugs.
Encourage less violent entertainment, from song lyrics to storylines and images in movies.
De-militarize the police.
Declassify the Senate report on the CIA and call human rights abusers to account.
Be an international good neighbor rather than an international bully.

Apr 02, 2014 11:10pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
carnivalchaos wrote:

Oma: Good post. You’re absolutely right.

ThatsAllShe: Apparently not. And for future reference, just stating something is a fact doesn’t make it one. The US has more guns than any other country and we have the highest rate of gun violence among developed nations. So apparently your theory doesn’t hold up when applied. (Someone may mention that Mexico has more gun violence. It’s debatable whether or not Mexico is a developed country, but personally I don’t think being second only to Mexico is much of a boast.)

Apr 02, 2014 11:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ThatsAllShe wrote:

@Oma

Great points. I agree.

I’m curious though, and would appreciate a detailed definition of what you mean by “De-militarize the police”.

If one of the things is, cops busting down doors one second after yelling “police warrant open up”, well, I think that needs to go.

I don’t think our founders ever envisioned that.

Then again, it ain’t Mayberry no more.

Apr 02, 2014 11:42pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Incitatus1 wrote:

Obviously none of you have been in the military, next to no one besdies a few MP’s have guns on a base. All the rifles, etc are locked up in the armory. If any one did have some rifles out for what ever reason I promise you there was no ammo around. Very very tightly controlled on a military base.

Apr 02, 2014 11:43pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
DavidStarke wrote:

You know, Hindsight is 20 20, but maybe when soldiers are placed on psychiatric evaluation, they should consider suspending their gun privileges. Maybe it not wise to allow anyone whose sanity is in question, access to a gun!! I’m going out on a limb here!

Apr 02, 2014 11:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
hmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

@carnivalchaos – Almost all bases, including Ft. Hood, are “gun free” zones where the only people who can carry or be in possession of a firearm are law enforcement or security. So go ahead and ignore every liberal sponsored study that shows that gun control only increases gun violence. Look at Chicago- they broke the law and the Constitution and banned all firearms from the city (which has recently been overruled due to it being an illegal law) and during that time, gun violence WENT UP. How is that possible if it was illegal to even have a gun in the city? Libtards keep forgetting that criminals don’t obey laws, so you can pass every law you want, it would only be hurting the goods guys and making it easier for the bad.

Apr 02, 2014 11:45pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
EastinWest wrote:

“Hagel, pressed about the military’s so-far frustrated effort to secure its bases from potential shooters, said the latest incident at Fort Hood showed that there were problems that still needed to be addressed.”

Yes, fix the security problem Hagel, not the deep psychological trauma that is causing soldiers in the armed forces to go on shooting spress…

Apr 02, 2014 11:55pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
RD137 wrote:

carnivalchaos wrote: “The US has more guns than any other country and we have the highest rate of gun violence among developed nations.”
—————–

Big deal. What’s your point? The USA also racks up one of the highest totals of motor vehicle fatalities in the world per year, as well….so let me guess, your “brilliant solution” to that would be to just ban everyone from owning a car…because -ALL- 314 million of us are just too friggan stupid to own one, right?

Apr 02, 2014 12:23am EDT  --  Report as abuse
euro-yank wrote:

@EastinWest – you’re the only one to see the forest for the trees…. how many military shootings will happen before the military deals with its mental health issues?

Apr 02, 2014 12:28am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Oma wrote:

@ ThatsAllShe

I have been trying to articulate what we mean when we say the police are militarized, and this is what I have come up with so far.

The military defend citizens from foreign attackers. The enemy are seen as alien and inferior and it is ok to kill them.

The police uphold the law and keep order. They and the people being policed are citizens. Lethal force should be very, very rare.

The war on drugs caused the kicking in or doors you mentioned and other fourth amendment problems. The police came to be above the law and above the people they were policing. Then the military started disposing of out of date equipment by donating it to municipal police forces. I assume the military training came with the military equipment. We have come a long way from police upholding the law and keeping order among their fellow citizens.

What do you think?

Apr 02, 2014 12:33am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Oma wrote:

@ EastinWest

We think it is only the soldiers with PSTD who are traumatized. Not so. We are all traumatized. We need to have less war — especially wars that have nothing to do with national defense.

Apr 02, 2014 12:38am EDT  --  Report as abuse

To soon to debate the whole gun issue, we do not even know the chain of events yet, what weapon he used, etc….

But I agree 100% with Oma as a general rule of thumb.

Apr 02, 2014 12:41am EDT  --  Report as abuse
mb56 wrote:

Mental health issues happen… I get that. What I don’t get is why does someone who is being treated for mental health issues have access to guns? Seems to me that the *first* thing that should happen when someone is diagnosed with mental health issues is that any firearms that they own should be impounded.

Apr 02, 2014 12:49am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ThatsAllShe wrote:

carnivalchaos wrote:

“ThatsAllShe: . . . . . just stating something is a fact doesn’t make it one.”

That’s true. Even so, IT IS A FACT.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. More guns in the hands of LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS’ makes us, as a society, “safer” from criminals of nefarious intent.

carnivalchaos wrote:

“The US has more guns than any other country and we have the highest rate of gun violence among developed nations.”

That’s also true. But those “gun violence” statistics also include potential victims defending themselves in their homes. Potential victims defending themselves, or others, on the streets. Police use while on the job, as well as suicides.

In fact, suicides by use of firearms, accounts for a very high percentage of what is categorized as “gun violence”.

That’s sad. But even so, in the case of suicide I think that most, intent on snuffing themselves out, lacking access to firearms, usually find another way. Pharmaceuticals, engine exhaust, etc.

However some, and perhaps it is true in this case, choose suicide by firearm and in doing so choose to take as many others as they can with them.

carnivalchaos wrote:
“So apparently your theory doesn’t hold up when applied.”

It does hold up. It’s not a theory. And it’s not applied, it’s the current state of things here in the U.S.

A thorough unbiased search proves all this out. If you care to take the time and look and inform yourself.

It’s an exponential statistical fact that’s been growing for many, many years now.

All that’s apparent, from your above posts, is that YOU’RE NOT AWARE OF IT.

Even so, none of what I’ve written takes away from the sadness that all of us feel when some nut-job starts blowing people away, and then kills himself.

The epitome of insanity and cowardice.

Apr 02, 2014 12:52am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ThatsAllShe wrote:

Oma wrote:
“The military defend citizens from foreign attackers. The enemy are seen as alien and inferior and it is ok to kill them.”

I don’t really have any problem agreeing with your entire post, which also has, contained within it, the above sentence.

However, after reading it several times, I found myself fixating on your use of the word “inferior”.

Your use of the word “Inferior” seems inappropriate and out of place, as you’ve used it, in the context of your post.

Probably it’s just semantic and not worthy of asking you for further definition.

Apr 03, 2014 1:29am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Marla wrote:

Mentally ill soldier, gee who saw that coming? It’s not like the stress of being put in harms way for no good reason, being taught to kill on command, and brainwashed by military propaganda would cause mental upset to any formerly rational person… Oh wait, maybe it would.

Apr 03, 2014 3:50am EDT  --  Report as abuse
beerpatzer wrote:

LOL

Apr 03, 2014 4:28am EDT  --  Report as abuse
WildBillWB wrote:

Maybe we could have afforded some psychiatric care for this guy if we had Caterpillars 2.4 billion tax dollars.

Apr 03, 2014 6:28am EDT  --  Report as abuse
GSRyder wrote:

How many of these victims returned to the kaos known as the USA . No jobs, relying on the countries prescription drugs to fix problems . Now again one of the super trained, turns on those who’ve crossed him . With luck, some cure may come about, before these victims begin to form “groups” . I won’t want to say gang, that’s a bad word these days . Our cops all look like Robocop these days, the vets are in fact trained to be Robocop .

Apr 03, 2014 6:35am EDT  --  Report as abuse
FRPSR wrote:

In China the disturbed have taken to slaughtering toddlers in nursery , kindergarten environments , strangling or knifing . The latest incident was not similar , and likley to have been coordinated .
In America the disturbed have access to multiple scenarios . Given the gestalt of performing a twisted cathartic logic that despite offering little as hope , or understanding , does give the promise of peace at the very last breath .
Perhaps the finality of inner conflicts acted out on a public stage motivated in , or by , desperation ; leaving in its conclusion the very questions which have proved too much for the disturbed individual . Those whose inability to find either the strength , or satisfaction to continue the fight in supressing what they fear most . The satisfaction of an unbalanced equations lack of symmetry forcefully bequeathed as unaltered evidence of a pitiful , unequal , struggle to the end .
The familiarity of the settings may describe the possible choices these poor sods felt most comfortable , and were handily available . Observing others placed , for one moment , inside the pressures where a mind becomes emotionally distorted . Will there be relief in forcing activity mirroring personal conflicts they cannot understand , or resolve ? The idea of a public setting has the patina of a social urge about it . Finding what has been described as troubled individuals acting out a final dramatic coda , as an ego acting in self defense against overpowering confusion . Leaving a choice of surrendering to an identifiable peace remains more attractive than the slow drip of the promise of only a deeper , more comprehensive soul rotting confusion . The underlying motivations are undisclosed , shifting , or unknowable .
The turmoil visited upon strangers may be a reflection a damaged egos self image projecting the peace once possessed in the memory of a child held and beloved by all , a stranger to no one then , finding the end to conflict bound by hands of strangers .
When an unspeakable horror has the time to make repeated visits , perhaps calling it by name will tame the beast .
When , in the late seventies and early eighties , we diverted public money from mental health care , how much did we save ?

Apr 03, 2014 7:54am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Snowpine wrote:

@carnivalchaos

A mentally insane person starts shooting, and gun control sheep start bleating their know-it-all utopian society garbage.

If an insane person got in their vehicle and ran over a bunch of people, they could do just as much damage as they would with a gun. Gun grabbing ilk like you just want to take guns away from law abiding citizen, and further erode American culture.

We are not any of those countries you listed, go live there if you are not happy here.

Apr 03, 2014 9:32am EDT  --  Report as abuse
njglea wrote:

My heart goes out to the loved ones of the victims of this tragedy. Guns kill and only we can do something about it. WE can change everything with OUR vote. Do not give one of yours to any republican/liberterian/tea party member or people posing as democrats and independents. The darkest money from the richest people in the world are writing and supporting these laws that create anarchy and 3rd world status in America. WE must stop it this November and beyond.

Apr 03, 2014 9:56am EDT  --  Report as abuse
RonTx wrote:

the story reads “but Milley declined to name the shooter, who is married, until his family was notified.” Then goes on to say “The suspect’s wife was cooperating with law enforcement officers, a Federal Bureau of Investigation official said, according to CNN.”

This surely sounds like his family has been notified if his wife is cooperating…dh?

Apr 03, 2014 9:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
RonTx wrote:

the story reads “but Milley declined to name the shooter, who is married, until his family was notified.” Then goes on to say “The suspect’s wife was cooperating with law enforcement officers, a Federal Bureau of Investigation official said, according to CNN.”

This surely sounds like his amily has been notified if his wife is cooperating…dh?

Apr 03, 2014 9:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
RonTx wrote:

the story reads “but Milley declined to name the shooter, who is married, until his family was notified.” Then goes on to say “The suspect’s wife was cooperating with law enforcement officers, a Federal Bureau of Investigation official said, according to CNN.”

This surely sounds like his family has been notified if his wife is cooperating…duh?

Apr 03, 2014 9:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
lucyJ wrote:

“Ford” Hood??? Spell check. Seriously??? The title.

Apr 03, 2014 10:00am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ukjb wrote:

Ford Hood ? never heard of it… it’s one thing to have a typo in the article… but in the GD Title !?!? whatever Reuters paid you for this, it was too much…

Apr 03, 2014 10:02am EDT  --  Report as abuse
JakobStagg wrote:

This story seems to be bringing on a troll’s convention.

Apr 03, 2014 10:06am EDT  --  Report as abuse
DaveBishop wrote:

“Investigators seek ‘Ford Hood’ gunman’s motive after rampage kills three” Hey Reuters, since when has the “hood of a Ford” have anything to do with a shooting at FORT Hood???? Nice editing boys…

Apr 03, 2014 10:09am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Yashmak wrote:

“The rampage is the third shooting at a military base in the United States in about six months that, along with a series of shootings in schools and malls, has sparked a national debate over gun-control regulations.”

Sorry, I don’t the relevance of this incident to the gun control debate. . .at least not based on the information they’ve provided so far.

Apr 03, 2014 10:13am EDT  --  Report as abuse
moosemyfrnds wrote:

regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. Because of Mr. Clinton, terrorists would face more return fire if they attacked a Texas Wal-Mart than the gunman faced at Fort Hood, home of the heavily armed and feared 1st Cavalry Division. That’s why a civilian policewoman from off base was the one whose marksmanship ended Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan’s rampage. Bill Clinton takes money from the communist, for the Democrats.

Apr 03, 2014 10:29am EDT  --  Report as abuse
niki9letters wrote:

It happened because our Government turns a blind eye to the veterans who have suffered PTSD due to being in a war. We stink at taking care of our own. I blame our Government.

Apr 03, 2014 10:40am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Bakhtin wrote:

@ThatsAllShe

If your John Lott fantasy (it is not even a theory) that more guns equals less crime were true, then the US would be safer than countries with intelligent gun restriction because it has more guns. It isn’t, so you are wrong, proven by observable real world experience.

Apr 03, 2014 10:41am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Butch_from_PA wrote:

The USA trained Osama Bin Ladin to fight against the Russians. He became disillusioned with the USA when he saw thru the ruse then dedicated his life to terrorist actions against the USA.

We now have tens of thousands of trained killers back from wars on USA soil. We do not treat them like heroes or look after their injuries.

I sure hope they never find out we fought for oil and ginormously padded military supply contracts instead of protecting the USA. It would be far better to hold a few accountable for the atrocities instead of letting the injustices fester with our veterans. Or, at least give them the support they need for putting their lives on the line.

Apr 03, 2014 10:59am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Ruark wrote:

Yes, some people still live in this warm, fuzzy little fantasy world, where everybody sits around holding hands and smelling flowers, and all we need to do is “encourage nonviolence.” Unfortunately, that’s not how the world works.

Apr 03, 2014 11:07am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Naksuthin wrote:

The truth is, unless you restrict gun ownership for all, there’s no chance you are ever going to stop people from going off the deep end and shooting innocent people

Apr 03, 2014 11:29am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

*If your John Lott fantasy (it is not even a theory) that more guns equals less crime were true, then the US would be safer than countries with intelligent gun restriction because it has more guns. It isn’t, so you are wrong, proven by observable real world experience.*

Criminals will have guns – even if it’s illegal.

Apr 03, 2014 11:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse
BlueOkie wrote:

Not terrorism, really! Why not give his name?

Apr 03, 2014 11:44am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Bakhtin wrote:

Overcast451 wrote:
“Criminals will have guns – even if it’s illegal.”

A triumph of ideology over observable reality. A great argument if you close your eyes, ignore all the real-world evidence from multiple examples, and accept the NRA’s word as a matter of faith.

Apr 03, 2014 11:44am EDT  --  Report as abuse
CountryPride wrote:

Another one of these wonderful immigrants I keep hearing about that benefit our country and how we need millions more like them!

Apr 03, 2014 11:45am EDT  --  Report as abuse
iamazdavid wrote:

No suicidal tendencies were exhibited? Whew, that’s good news…for the antidepressant manufacturer.

Antidepressant Use in Children, Adolescents, and Adults
[5/2/2007] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today proposed that makers of all antidepressant medications update the existing black box warning on their products’ labeling to include warnings about increased risks of suicidal thinking and behavior, known as suicidality.

Apr 03, 2014 11:49am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Bighammerman wrote:

Has anyone noticed that Obama has not only created US disasters and has turned the entire world upside down? The Senate needs to change and the house needs to stay as it is. Obama needs to be removed from office NOW!

Don’t let Obama use this tragic event as an excuse to further gut the military or take the guns the good folks need for protection.

Apr 03, 2014 12:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Jose3 wrote:

Psychotropics like Prozac create suicidal tendencies.

Isn’t the military supposed to be switching over to medical marijuana for PTSD? Everyone knows this is the problem with psychotropics, why do they keep using them?

Apr 03, 2014 1:01pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
2Borknot2B wrote:

What ever medication he was recently put on made him suicidal/homicidal, it/they disinhibited him &/or he experience side effects. Any person put on psychotropics should be monitored at least weekly or more frequently in the beginning. L.

Apr 03, 2014 1:03pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
fred5407 wrote:

Yah know, we train soldiers to kill, and they can, but we do not train them how to do battle in a holy war. A holy war attacks the spirit and if you are not prepared you get wounded. You cannot provide healing for these wounds with pills or kind words. The violence in the middle east is a part of something much bigger in Islam and it will continue to grow and spread. When it is done we might have to clean up with brooms and mops.

Apr 03, 2014 1:51pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
diluded0000 wrote:

Jose3, I was going to make the same observation. With all respect due those who have lost loved ones, I suspect if you look at these shooters and the disproportionately high suicide rates in the military, you will see SSRIs being heavily prescribed to that group. Maybe those aren’t working.

And it is interesting to see how any time there is a shooting like this, people start to get defensive about their guns. It’s like people know deep down in their hearts that they, themselves, are part of the problem.

Apr 03, 2014 2:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
oldmax wrote:

not to fear Obama is going to “get to the bottom of this” problem is, he is still trying to get to the bottom of about 12-20 other things first, and most of those we will never know what really happened. just more of the same…….

Apr 03, 2014 4:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
sabrefencer wrote:

really sick, when one of your very own, turns his weapon, on his brothers…id take a very close look, at the docs that treated thissoldier…they didn’t do a very good job did they?

Apr 03, 2014 7:26pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
OIFVetAtUSC wrote:

It will bother some that this was a mental health issue and not a gun issue. Apparently, the problem was there was not enough of either.

Apr 03, 2014 9:30pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
carnivalchaos wrote:

RD137 “The USA also racks up one of the highest totals of motor vehicle fatalities in the world per year, as well….so let me guess, your “brilliant solution” to that would be to just ban everyone from owning a car…because -ALL- 314 million of us are just too friggan stupid to own one, right?”

Wrong. We should require car owners to prove that they’re qualified to drive a car by giving them a test. If they pass the test, give them a license to operate the car. The car should be registered and the owner should own insurance to pay for any damage he or she causes with the car. Do that with guns. It’s reasonable with cars, why not with guns? I fully approve of your analogy.

I repeat, how can a sane man argue against encouraging a culture without guns?

Apr 03, 2014 9:55pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

Wow. Mentally ill, and not an officer. That’s unusual.

Apr 03, 2014 10:59pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
RD137 wrote:

Carnivalchaos, you are much dimmer than I realized.

Driving a car is NOT a God-given, natural, Constitutional Right…it’s a privilege.

Owning a gun, and the act of self-defense, is NOT a privilege…it’s a God-given, natural, Constitutional Right.

And again, I’m guessing all that went straight over your head, and you have zero clue of what I’m talking about.

All you’ve been brainwashed to parrot over and over again is: “Guns are bad”

Apr 04, 2014 1:53am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Invictuss wrote:

I wonder if mental health is a factor when they enlist people there in the army…..having tarded redneck kids running rampant shooting civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan was common incident but usually all cases were put aside and the culprits evaded justice…..way to go

Apr 04, 2014 1:55am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Pumuckl wrote:

All I see here is opinion, hyperbole and ideological mumblings.

!) Firearms do not hypnotize someone into becoming a mass murderer.
2) If the US is the nation with the most firearms is it per capita, per household, per what?
3) How can the Swiss gun culture be added into the mix? Nearly every town has a shooting range, they still have military conscription and every male of military service age must posses a firearm.
4) Would not a more accurate method be to compare the number of fire arm deaths to the number of fire arm owners? Then we would have a better understanding of whether or not it is truly an issue of gun availability and US gun culture.
5) The mentally ill do not have an identifying mark. How often do we hear . . . “He was a quiet man” ?
6) We know and understand so little about depression and other mental illnesses.
7) The fact is that making something illegal doesn’t stop it from happening. It just drives it to the black market where the is NO control.
8) Those who support the ‘drivers test’ analogy need to carry it one step further . . . perhaps guns should be as prevalent as automobiles where there is such exposure that the mystique is gone and everyone has a working knowledge of them (again . . . like the Swiss).

Apr 04, 2014 2:35am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ADVOCATUS wrote:

There’s nothing harder than the softness of indifference. Those who were shot along with the survivors are no innocent victims if they live in communities so selfishly unto themselves and totally oblivious to trouble brewing in people in their midst. They should have known they had it coming, what it is they have done to make a fellow soldier mad enough to run amuck? These things happen to people who are insensitive to others around them and fail to sense the volatility of potential danger and spot someone, who through the carelessness and heartlessness of others became unbalanced, so as to take measure to amortize or sanitize the situation and nip it early in the bud. There is a serious lack of compassion and empathy in general.

Apr 04, 2014 6:04am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ADVOCATUS wrote:

All American soldiers have mental illness.

Apr 04, 2014 10:48am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

Well, no, some are merely sex crazed, some others are merely drunk.

Apr 04, 2014 1:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
timebandit wrote:

Stop allowing mentally ill violent men to sign up for the employer of last resort, then training them to kill in foreign lands and domestic. This one, allegedly, because her was told to wait in line and then come back for a requisite form for vacation/time off. Excellent “soldier” living off the taxpayer dime, never saw combat, just plain nuts to being with.

Apr 04, 2014 3:34pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Pumuckl wrote:

ADVOCATUS,
“All American soldiers have mental illness.”
If that were the case than we’d have more incidents on more US Military bases.

“. . . what it is they have done to make a fellow soldier mad enough to run amuck?”
Typical liberal, left wing hogwash along the line of “it takes a village” & “you didn’t build that”.
I would have thought that the new age self help liberal mantra would apply. You know “only you can be responsible for your own happiness”.
How about the socialist darling Camus?
“To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.”
Me?
I hang on to the tried and true “Happiness depends upon ourselves.”
Aristotle

The sheer and utter gall to make the entire world responsible for an individuals actions is beyond absurd.

Apr 04, 2014 8:22pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
nizzex wrote:

I’m marry 25 years with a soldier a real man. But it’s not the same anymore. Because a soldier wants to be a soldier I can’t change this. But I love him so much no matter what. Now I have 4 children’s. 1 25 year old and he say I no can enjoy the soldier because it’s no for me. I asked my 17 year old and he said yes that’s for me I wanna enjoy the infantry army. So when 18 year old and he graduates in Georgia he go Right away to Afghanistan. For fight to the enemies. For United States. 2 years I miss him so much. When I see Obama. Saying they will come. It’s not going to be more long than 2 years so in December 14th everyone is going to get out. I was jumping and happy like a mother does. For seeing my son isn’t killed. Thank sjesus and thank Obama . But something I want to say. When this soldier is fighting. 5 6 7 years ago. They aren’t going to come back to United States the same. Common wakeup America what you guys thinking. The brains ardent going to be the same. You see your child so wonderful and happy everyday. And when they come you wish they could be the same and they aren’t the same. You know they got brains problems and are afraid if someone bombing them when they sleep. What happened America. What happened with our soldiers. Take care of them in the stores give them the front of the line make them proud to defend you. No make them the last person in the line. I hope every American listens to this and all they’re country because I believe we need to have a line for veterans and retired line in pharmacys for shopping so please vote for everyone come from Pakistan and fighting for 4 or 5 years with brain damage for Obama to help them. Please vote for me. Don’t put the names of people crazy because soldiers are no crazy .soldiers Don’t worry about bombs or somebody shoot you in the back. Obama needs to take care of all these people coming from mental illness for the bombs and fight and kill people and children’s so much in other countries for fight USA. Please Obama help the soldiers.

Apr 09, 2014 7:56pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.