Rancher's son says force was necessary to stop cattle seizure

Kiljoy616 wrote:

Its always amazing what armed civilians can do. Reason why guns laws are dangerous to the freedom of American Citizens.

Apr 13, 2014 9:53pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

Cattle on public land with no rule of law. I think I should go get me a few. I bet the idiot owner would want the law enforced then.

Apr 13, 2014 10:15pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

Cliven Bundy is stealing from the American people. The very people who were defending him. What he is doing is no different from me building a house in the national forest up the road from me. That is our land not his. If he wants to have his cattle graze on our land they are our cattle.

Apr 13, 2014 10:31pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mb56 wrote:

I think it is a VERY valid question… where is the rule of law if the Government backs down from these people? Does this not embolden them to confront the government in other ways over matters they don’t agree with? Good luck collecting taxes from these people now, or any other law they deem inconvenient for them. And when the rest of society sees them getting away with avoiding inconvenient laws what’s to stop everyone else from wanting the same? How does this path not ultimately lead to anarchy with armed gangs and little fiefdoms like Somalia?

Apr 13, 2014 10:43pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

mb56 This is how we end up like Iraq or Ukraine.

Apr 13, 2014 10:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

I own the same percentage of that public land as Mr.Bundy. He is very arrogant to think he should make profit from it and not pay his Dollar and some change.

Apr 13, 2014 10:49pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

Bundy is nothing more than a rich thief. Anyone who supported him is an idiot.

Apr 13, 2014 11:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
zigo wrote:

Long live the Tea Party!
Abolish the federal government. No meddling in states’ affairs.
Down with the USA. Long live the Divided States of America.
(Texas and Arizona join Mexico. The South becomes a confederation.)
The Tea Party Dream: no more USA.

Apr 13, 2014 11:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
zigo wrote:

Bundy in Nevada.
Putin in Crimea.
Why do they sound so similar ? COMMUNISM !
BUNDY IS A COMMIE.

Apr 13, 2014 11:14pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Ratherizer wrote:

I find it very strange that the ranchers are waving the flag of the US government while fighting against the US government. If they oppose the US government and want state sovereignty not fly the state flag? Really!

Apr 13, 2014 11:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

Zigo Putin is not a Communist. Communism is pretty much dead and you are beating a dead horse. China and Russia are more unbridled capitalist than America now.

Apr 13, 2014 11:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
rick24245 wrote:

obama think he a King…

Apr 13, 2014 11:30pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

this absolute BS, this rancher needs to be arrested for fraud. The land does not belong to him, he is smart and created a patriotic emotional issue out of this and the fringe militia element raced down to provoke something, these are con men uniting with terrorists and waving the US flag as if they are the victim’s, please dont fall for this crap, next we know the drug dealers will be waving the US flag too.

Apr 13, 2014 11:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Humankind wrote:

rick24245 Idiot.

Apr 13, 2014 11:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
dc2ndtest wrote:

Take this moocher, deadbeat and his Hell’s angels cowboys to PAY THEIR TAXES. I pay mine. “state’s rights” issue is a complete phony
The Koch’s and Adelsons must be jumping with joy. More “Divide and onquer” anarchy. When will the stupid Tea tipplers finally see through their brainwashing?

Apr 13, 2014 11:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
fredfudp wrote:

It is surly a good day for those that chose to take up arms against the Government of the United States. If it was my watch I would have ordered all law enforcement to move back and then see how many drones it would take to solve this mater cows and all. To take up arms against the law enforcement is treason and should be treated as such.

Apr 13, 2014 11:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
GRRR wrote:

PAY WHAT YOU OWE. If you don’t like the laws, you are not entitled to choose to disregard them without consequences.

Apr 13, 2014 11:47pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Burns0011 wrote:

For twenty-one years, this guy has been scoffing at the law, the courts, and the US Government. Twenty-one years.

And now he’s calling it a ‘blow for freedom’? What happens when the courts order the siezure of his cattle and their sale for all the fees that he’s been racking up?

Yes, federal land is public land, but it’s public land for *everyone* and to have a herd of cattle using it for free is effectively seizing it for personal profit.

Apr 13, 2014 12:01am EDT  --  Report as abuse
kurgan7 wrote:

The crack in the liberty bell widened a little bit today.

Apr 13, 2014 12:34am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Jasonian wrote:

This is what the 2nd Amendment is for folks. Not hunting.

Apr 14, 2014 1:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Mandingo wrote:

The only losers either way are the beef cattle.

Apr 14, 2014 2:16am EDT  --  Report as abuse
borisjimbo wrote:

At this time I call your attention to all the blithe, breezy vigilantism chatter that Scalia put into his Heller decision. I would think a Supreme Court justice would be aware of Art. III, Sect. 3, and what that says about the kind of thing this rancher and his supporters engaged in.

Apr 14, 2014 5:00am EDT  --  Report as abuse
ThomJEFFERSON wrote:

Everything these days is getting out of hand.

what I found interesting was the media being cut off from reporting what was going on. (No fly zone, cell towers shut down, etc.) This raised my suspicion of what was really going on. Even after the fact… Just found all this to be strange… especially when 200+ armed agents were involved.

the turtles… from what I heard was the funding was stopped and the turtles were euthanized??? I took this with a grain of salt. hearsay. I would like to see! proof on this.

Then I hear about Harry Reid and his son dealing with a sale of this property to communist China for a solar farm??? two hours later the BLM retreats after a week stand off? suspicion there… I would like to see an investigation started on that one!

I was also puzzled by the fact that the Sherriff wasn’t involved… or seem to be involved. A voted official to protect the people of the county against certain things. That sent a flag up for me…

I could go on here… but the fact of the matter is, there is so much corruption anymore… blatant corruption… and no one is doing anything to control that!… how can we believe anything anymore… law and order must start with our elected officials from the president down to the local police and all the fed agencies included. I just wish there was one individual that would step up to the plate and make it happen… Even the news is so powerful and biased… When you put it all together, it is really sad to see America struggle with all this. Political parties… come together and do what’s best for our great country. Stop the division. Clean up the political arena then if there is corruption outside, keep going to clean that up.

pipe dream, I know. oh well…

Apr 14, 2014 10:35am EDT  --  Report as abuse
moosemyfrnds wrote:

the aggression by the government went too far. whoever gave this order should be fired

Apr 14, 2014 10:52am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

These are my cattle, they are on public land that nobody has paid my government to use. When I visit friends down there, I’ll bring MY gun and shoot some calves for some tasty dinners with my friends.

Apr 14, 2014 11:17am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Apr 14, 2014 11:17am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Apr 14, 2014 11:17am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Bundy and friends are nothing but freeloaders, sucking off the taxpayers and using their guns to do it. The government should have kept those cattle as they belonged to the public. A freeloader like Bundy should be rounded up like those cattle and put in the pen.

Apr 14, 2014 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Apr 14, 2014 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Apr 14, 2014 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PopUp wrote:

Apr 14, 2014 11:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
gitmojo wrote:

The question is: How did the land come to be”public land” ?
My understanding is that BLM drove 26 other ranchers out of business and TOOK their property as was attempted here.

And to all the anti gun nuts out there, the only armed men visible in the video were “law enforcement”. Sympathizers were told to leave their weapons in their vehicles.

BLM is also rounding up wild horses and making pet food out of them.
Where’s PETA when you need them.

Apr 14, 2014 12:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
wilhelm wrote:

funny how a bunch of far-right white folks with guns get a pass from the government. imagine how this would have gone done in Los Angeles…

Apr 14, 2014 1:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

Cattle ranching is a business. Land is a cost. These guys are looking for a freebie from the public trough. Pay for your lease and you won’t get evicted.

Apr 14, 2014 1:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

“Bundy stopped paying monthly grazing fees in 1993.”

21 years behind on rent,and he’s surprised when the taxayers come to evict. “Armed Freeloader Movement.”

This ‘rancher’ would be happier in Honduras.

Apr 14, 2014 1:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

Wow all you hater Lefties really have your heads buried deep. Turns out Harry Reid’s kid is wants the land for one of his business partners.

Apr 14, 2014 1:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

This guy is a joke. He really thought the government wanted a war with him over some sage brush? The IRS can fix this :)

Apr 14, 2014 3:28pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ARJTurgot2 wrote:

And if you don’t like newsmax, here’s where the story started

Apr 14, 2014 3:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

Gubmint cattle rustlers.

Apr 14, 2014 3:45pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BuckeyeNick wrote:

They would be smart to go home and shut up.

Apr 14, 2014 4:31pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
brotherkenny4 wrote:

It’s really a temporary stay, rather than a victory. The rancher dude is a freeloader, a welfare recipient. The guns probably did make the feds back off, but only temporarily. They will get a conviction and put him in jail. He’s likely wealthy and I am sure the feds would have prefered the money, which I believe is what they were trying to accomplish. Again, the guy is a freeloader, a welfare recipient. He has profited millions on the rest of us through illegal means. He is white though, and usually that makes it okay.

Apr 14, 2014 4:34pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
jtcreasy wrote:

wow, race card. Im surprised it took this long.

Apr 14, 2014 5:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BlueInBama wrote:

@brotherkenny4 – the rancher in question is not a welfare recipient. Only people of color are welfare recipients. He is a job-creator, and any assertion to the contrary is tantamount to inciting class-warfare. Instead of seizing his cattle, the government should cut his taxes and offset the tax cut with further cuts to entitlement programs so those lazy freeloaders won’t be able to keep mooching off the hard-working taxpayers like Mr. Bundy.

Apr 14, 2014 5:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

What do you want to bet, in the 21 years this winner has not had time to pay his rent…. he HAS had time to file for federal drought relief payments. Because who knew that setting up your ranch in the desert near Las Vegas…. would result in arid conditions :)

Apr 14, 2014 5:49pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Mac20nine wrote:

First off, Kiljoy616: Armed citizens does not equate with a just cause so lighten up. I’ll bet $1000 a fair court finds Bundy in the wrong.
@Jasonian: How much you wanna bet Bundy loses his argument/case? I’m interested in the history of who owns the land. to heck with the turtles.
And ARJTurgot2 and the others: Nice citation but how the heck does 90 miles south of Vegas magically become anywhere close to Bundy at 80 miles NE of Vegas? Buckwheat.
Now. BlueBama: “only people of color are welfare recipients”? You ignorant tea swilling drooler, everybody who gives a damn knows that more whites are on welfare vs. “those of color”. Get your regurgitating tongue out of yer…ya’know. Look it up Shemp. I’m too irritated to do it for your sorry racist @ss.
Don’t even get me started w/your “job creator” bullmanure. And you wouldn’t know class-warfare if it decked you with a frying pan.

Bundy may pay his taxes but I highly doubt he’s on the up and up. Either way, unless he can win his case – which is an open question – you’re still an extremist. So shove it.

Apr 14, 2014 7:02pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
diluded0000 wrote:

So polluting billionaires like the Koch bros want less environmental regulation so they can make another billion dollars. Why might they care so much about Bundy, and get their political media consultants to promote this issue so heavily? Because, getting Joe six pack to go along with trashing his favorite hunting game lands is a tough sell. But a good story how government regulation is keeping a tough cattle rancher from earning a living is like feeding milk to a kitten. Go read the comments over on infowars: those guys bought the story almost too well.

But wait, there’s more. They can tie a conspiracy theory about Harry Reid selling Bundy’s land (err actually Federal land we gained as territory in the Mexican-American war) to China for a solar farm. You know a Bengazi for Harry, in case he has more national political intentions. Doesn’t matter if it is true or not, and I don’t really know if it is, but the seed has been planted.

Apr 14, 2014 7:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
leesaleesamp wrote:

another government moocher…grazes his cattle on land and doesn’t pay the rent….what would happen to this dude in the private world if he did such a thing?

Apr 15, 2014 2:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse