Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split

mickey58 wrote:

Good way to keep the price of the stock up. Then split it and get a few more suckers to buy it near the top.

Apr 23, 2014 4:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Now why would I want to buy Apple?

Apr 23, 2014 6:04pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
DHites wrote:

Stock splits don’t work like that. If you have 1 share of stock, worth $1.00,and the company does a 7-1 split it doesn’t increase your investment. Instead of 1 share of stock worth $1.00, you know have 7 shares of stock worth $1.00

Apr 23, 2014 6:32pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
puchurro wrote:

Why would I EVER buy a stock that is $560 a share that only gives $3 dividend? What a joke! For stuff that’s make in China by slaves. No thanks, I’m keeping my Nokia Win 8 phone that is higher resolution and with better software.

Apr 23, 2014 6:45pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

Going to buy wifey a new iPad tomorrow. You go, AAPL.

Apr 23, 2014 6:47pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Jkirk3279 wrote:

@DHites:

Stock price is psychological; it’s based on whether investors THINK the stock is undervalued, and then they buy, and it does.

But when it achieves a peak, they think it’s time to cash out, and the price reaches equilibrium at a slightly lower plateau.

By splitting the stock, the price drops, and eager beavers buy, buy, buy.

I bought Apple Stock at $20 a share in 1998, and it split at… $163, I think.

Then those shares peaked at $700+, and leveled off at $500.

This will be the opportunity I’ve been waiting for to buy more.

Apr 23, 2014 7:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeMTexas wrote:

You’d think at $560, they’d split the stock 10:1 or a bit more. That way, even if it tanked by 50%, which seem unlikely, it would still be in an optimal range.

Apr 23, 2014 7:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
divinargant wrote:

Consumers have been waiting for a new iNSA gagit for some time now and word is that something will be on the market before the year is out. Then again it’s anyone’s guess though I’m sure the NSA would like to see it happen.

Apr 23, 2014 7:49pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
BillyJimBob wrote:

Why is there a link to ‘report as abuse’ and no link to ‘report as an idiot?’

Apr 23, 2014 8:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse