Snowden being manipulated by Russian intelligence: ex-NSA chief

The title of this article should be: «Ex-NSA chief is trying tomanipulating us”

May 07, 2014 10:24am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bigturkey wrote:

“I think he is now being manipulated by Russian intelligence.” utter nonsense

May 07, 2014 10:40am EDT  --  Report as abuse
TiSCUS wrote:

Why do they never clarify the fact that the U.S. government revoked Snowden’s passport thus trapping him in Russia? Was this NSA’s plan so they could make him look like a Cold War spy? Notice that Snowden never received money for his courageous act? This was the work of a naive patriot motivated by his conscience. I give him credit for risking all when he discovered outrageously illegal actions on the part of the NSA. Keith Alexander can speculate all he wants, but it doesn’t make it true.

May 07, 2014 11:02am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Alicenfin wrote:

I’d sure like to see his proof….

May 07, 2014 11:27am EDT  --  Report as abuse
KyMark wrote:

I find it amusing that there are people who would trust what this man – an ex abuser of American privacy- is saying. I have no trust in him.

I do have trust in what Snowden revealed and believe that he, unlike this military can be trusted and should be seen as a patriot.

May 07, 2014 11:34am EDT  --  Report as abuse

What can we really believe of any U.S. security official?
I doubt we ever get the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

May 07, 2014 11:48am EDT  --  Report as abuse
sjfella wrote:

The BS spewing forth from the U.S. government is never-ending.

May 07, 2014 11:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bluepanther wrote:

A real “whistleblower” stands his ground and fights it out in American courts like with the Pentagon Papers case and doesn’t go running off to dubious jurisdictions like PRC-controlled Hong Kong and Putin’s Russia.

May 07, 2014 12:09pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
inMyView wrote:

“I just don’t know when that exactly started or how deep it runs,” Alexander said.
Well, sir, your job was to know & act. As a consolation though, some secrets even Mr. E.Snowden isn`t a privy to.

May 07, 2014 12:27pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
FuzzyTheBear wrote:

@Aintnoamerican : dude your comment is so right on we can’t add to it.
The NSA is the Enemy of the People of the USA , not Snowden.

May 07, 2014 12:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

I agree the NSA has overstepped it bounds by collecting data on Americans, but I have also not lost so much objectivity, like the previous posters, that Russia is not using the Snowden situation for their own gain.

May 07, 2014 1:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
oneof7billion wrote:

So you people actually DOUBT that Snowden is being manipulated by Russian intelligence?

Incredibly naive.

May 07, 2014 1:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Brings to mind the line in a Kinks song, “paranoia will destroy ya”.

May 07, 2014 1:14pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Reality2Day wrote:

I’m not American and I’d don’t get all you Snowden lovers!!! Blowing the whistle on NSA domestic spying (it’s own people) is one thing (and probably commendable), but leaking that they spied on foreign countries, companies and leaders is another thing, plain and simple, A TRAITOR!!!!

To top it off he seeks asylum in his country’s ideological enemy of decades, hope he enjoys his freedom there, now that he’s Putin’s Pet.

May 07, 2014 1:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
SaveRMiddle wrote:

What a great example of biased US media propaganda. A military opinion void of factual proof in headline form……sold as News.

May 07, 2014 1:35pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
artvet2 wrote:

An ex-military officer with good connections in Washington tells me that Harry Reid is being manipulated by extra-terrestrials.

May 07, 2014 1:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
dd606 wrote:

bigturkey wrote: I think he is now being manipulated by Russian intelligence.” utter nonsense”

———-

What’s utter nonsense, is how so many people are so naive, that they actually think that Ed is just roaming around Russia, completely ignored by the Russian government, and being allowed to say whatever he wants. Ed is a tool. He’s being manipulated and used as a propaganda implement, against the US. He’s too dumb to realize it of course, and so are his followers. People need to wake up and put their hysterical hatred of the government aside for 5 seconds, and realize that there are many forces out there, looking to create chaos and do harm.

May 07, 2014 2:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Isn’t this from the guy that lied in front of Congress?

May 07, 2014 2:24pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

@Bluepanther

Remind me again what “whistleblower” laws protect Snowden? Remember he’s a subcontractor. When you can show me what protections he’s guaranteed then we can talk.

May 07, 2014 2:40pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
antonionio wrote:

I expect the NSA doesn’t want Huawei equipment installed because they would lose the ability to spy on Australia with US-produced network infrastructure, built-in backdoors and all.

May 07, 2014 2:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
WestFlorida wrote:

Snowdon is a traitor and was probably recruited by a foreign intelligence service a long time ago, particularly when he was in Europe and was identified as a malcontent posting anti-US information under a pseudonym.

Nothing he exposed is illegal, and he only served to hurt the US.

May 07, 2014 3:32pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TerryinNevada wrote:

Luckily, for both Snowden and America, General Keith Alexander is an idiot and anything he says can be disregarded.

May 07, 2014 3:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
echtogammut wrote:

I think he’s trolling. Is anyone seriously going fall for this “maybe he was influenced by the Russians all along” bit?

I do agree with him about the S. China Sea, but I would also like to see aid going to the Philippines. The Japanese have the ability to build out a high tech fleet, but the Philippines would readily accept our old Coast Guard vessels and maybe a discount coupon for nipo.navy.mil

As for Hauwei, I have yet to see a security audit find anything in their hardware. Sadly I cannot say the same for our domestic hardware.

May 07, 2014 4:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
cristo52 wrote:

Keith Alexander. The man who spied on us all.

May 07, 2014 4:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Natygyu wrote:

Another silly xenophobic article to demonize Russia and Russian people, this time Russian “intelligance”. Starts from Snowden and Russia and ends with Huawei and China. Where is logic? Logic is… to put some myths into the heads of Internet users to legitimate Washington’s actions as a World’s Policeman in the eyes of Western society.

May 10, 2014 12:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse