Israel ramps up pressure on Hamas in hunt for missing teens

Comments (44)
Jossef wrote:

In spite of Hamas being labeled a terrorist organization by the US and the EU, in the “world of Reuters” Hamas members are always just “militants”, the three Israeli teens which were kidnapped just “went missing” and Naftali Bennett is “far right wing.” These are the kind of anti-Israel skewed language which the world has been fed with for decades now by the like of Reuters. Reuters is no longer a media organization which report news, but one that shapes news.

Jun 17, 2014 9:23am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Doc62 wrote:

If El Fatah was really interested in peace, their security forces would assist in recovery. The students were stupid for traveling unescorted in the terrorist region.
Abbas is more interested in unifying with Hamas and wants to stay away from antagonizing them. Remember? Hamas rapidly kicked their butts out of Gaza.

Jun 17, 2014 9:23am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Oregonscott wrote:

Perhaps Mr. Dexter’s disgust for Israel should lead him to one of the more virtuous, brave and dignified Islamic organizations in the world that oppose israel and the West in general. If kidnapping innocents is your forte, perhaps you can join Boko Haram and kidnap young girls for sex slavery. Maybe you can join the Taliban and shoot young girls in the head. Are your predilections Sunni or Shiite, Mr. Dexter? Either way, you could enjoy new and rewarding affiliations in the blood bath of Iraq or Syria with your Muslim brothers. What a fine and principled fellow you are!

Jun 17, 2014 10:27am EDT  --  Report as abuse
mpatter wrote:

This is the most ludicrous piece of news I’ve read in a while. Considering the source, it is not all too surprising. Israel with its policies toward occupied territories seems to be right of an alternative reality science fiction book.

Jun 17, 2014 10:30am EDT  --  Report as abuse
mpatter wrote:

This is the most ludicrous piece of news I’ve read in a while. Considering the source, it is not all too surprising. Israel with its policies toward occupied territories seems to be right of an alternative reality science fiction book.

Jun 17, 2014 10:30am EDT  --  Report as abuse
mpatter wrote:

This is the most ludicrous piece of news I’ve read in a while. Considering the source, it is not all too surprising. Israel with its policies toward occupied territories seems to be right of an alternative reality science fiction book.

Jun 17, 2014 10:31am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

When there is a kidnapping in a civilized country, the local police force and usually a national law enforcement force like the FBI become involved until the kidnapping is solved.

In Israel a kidnapping involves activating the military and collectively punishing the political and the civilian echelons so as to get in a few violent and viscous kicks at old ladies who ISRAEL OCCUPIES.

Israel, far from being a democratic and free state is an armed military compound eager to attack, subjugate, and demean their captive and belligerently occupied indigenous people, Christians and Muslims, the Arab Palestinians that Israel keeps under their boot (until they Ethnically Cleanse them as their Deputy Defense Minister has admitted that they intend to do).

It is disgusting that Israel gets any support whatsoever. Now the United States can expect thousands of more radicalized young men wanting to hurt America for it’s bankrolling of this conflict and this nuked armed rogue state, decade after decade.

American’s should never have to ask “why do they hate us” anymore.

They hate us because of our support for the Crimes Against Humanity committing Israel. Period. It’s not even about oil anymore. They hate us because of Israel and the inevitable autoveto that happens every time Israel pulls these stunts.

We earned the hate after not stomping out Israel like every other rogue state in the region.

Jun 17, 2014 11:30am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

My, My, My, the Jew haters are crawling out of the woodwork in force today, aren’t they?

Jun 17, 2014 11:51am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

The Israeli army is acting exactly as Mossad set it up . . . There is absolutely NO evidence of kidnaping. So far, and if the story of ‘missing youths’ is even true, the official assessment is that the youths are MISSING, period.

So, what are most of the commentators such as @Oregonscott are spreading is some sort of kidnaping propaganda with NO EVIDENCE of kidnaping at all.

The ‘source of evil act’ is usually identified by identifying WHO BENEFITS most from a particular event. In this case, ONLY Israel benefits. Definitely not the Palestinians.

Jun 17, 2014 11:54am EDT  --  Report as abuse
GuitarGuyMV wrote:

Hamas didn’t “seize Israelis,” they kidnapped children.

Jun 17, 2014 11:55am EDT  --  Report as abuse
GuitarGuyMV wrote:

Hamas didn’t “seize Israelis,” they kidnapped children. In what world is kidnapping children for political purposes okay? Not in my world.

Jun 17, 2014 11:58am EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

@Dr_Steve

You shouldn’t try to spin comments that indicate dissatisfaction with the Israeli Zionist politicians in to “Jew haters”. YOU just incite and cultivate anti-Jewish sentiment without which Zionist movement couldn’t exist.

So, quit spreading the Zionist propaganda and, if you have the mental capability, make an intelligent comment worth reading !!

Jun 17, 2014 12:15pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Dr_Steve wrote:

Do they blame the government of Nigeria for Boko Haram’s kidnapping of innocent school girls? Of course not. But, they manage to blame the government of Israel for this. Go figure. Shouldn’t be hard.

Jun 17, 2014 12:18pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

“dr steve”, apparently you have a reading comprehension problem.

There is no credible source that claims this “kidnapping” was by Hamas. Indeed that would have been the most counter-productive move in nearly all time since Hamas just came in from the cold in the new unity government.

As Paul pointed out, the only people to reap any reward from this supposed “kidnapping” is the Israelis. Certainly not Hamas and not the captive and belligerently occupied people that Israel is currently Collectively Punishing which is of course, yet another Crime Against Humanity committed by Israel. Just another day in the occupation…

Jun 17, 2014 12:36pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

@bbsnews
credible ? well not your BS “facts” or your vanity blog site.

But Hamas PR media sites are posting pictures of kids and adults holding up 3 fingers and chanting Hebron! And there are those cakes for sales in Gaza with images of three and the word Hebron as well.
I wonder what they might reference

Then there is the whole PA security forces bending over backwards to assist the Israelis in searching Hamas homes and supporters in West Bank.

/FYI BBSNEWS is delusional and routinely projects his position on others, so if someone agrees with BBSNEWS, they are likely another anti-semite.

Jun 17, 2014 1:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

@bbsnews
credible ? well not your BS “facts” or your vanity blog site.

But Hamas PR media sites are posting pictures of kids and adults holding up 3 fingers and chanting Hebron! And there are those cakes for sales in Gaza with images of three and the word Hebron as well.
I wonder what they might reference

Then there is the whole PA security forces bending over backwards to assist the Israelis in searching Hamas homes and supporters in West Bank.

/FYI BBSNEWS is delusional and routinely projects his position on others, so if someone agrees with BBSNEWS, they are likely another anti-semite.

Jun 17, 2014 1:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

@VultureTX

Evidently, you couldn’t live without making comment and throwing in the “anti-Semite” card. Who pays you for stirring up anti-Jewish sentiment?

Obviously, “Vulture” is self-description of you character !!

Jun 17, 2014 1:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

@paul Bradley care to cite?

care to comment on the “peace walls” in Northern Ireland?

care to point out where you care about palestinians as opposed to your hatred of jews all over the world and not just Israel?

shall we remind you that you claimed a false definition of the word “anti-semite” when you were called on it for your bigotry?

/yep you protest way too much and can’t cite fact otherwise Mr Anti-Semite!

Jun 17, 2014 2:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

@bbsnews

@VultureTX, Truthhhhhh and of that ilk . . . they are Zionists most likely paid for stirring up anti-Jewish sentiment which is Zionist agenda in order for their movement to survive. Obviously, without it, the movement can’t survive. They have been doing it since second half of the 19th century.

Jun 17, 2014 2:22pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
wrote:

Hi everyone,
Can we tone down the rhetoric and accusations regarding Zionists, Jew haters and so on? I’d like to keep it civil if possible.
Thanks everyone,
Robert MacMillan
Editor, Reuters.com global editions

Jun 17, 2014 2:31pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

@VultureTX wrote: “care to comment on the “peace walls” in Northern Ireland?”

As you probably know, I am NOT omniscient human being like, evidently, you are. However, I believe that each ‘world event’ is unique as to its origin and agendas that ‘interested’ parties involved trying to pursue . . .

Having said that, you can’t compare situation in “Northern Ireland” to the one of “Israel – Palestinian” conflict, for obvious reasons.

If it is NOT obvious to you, then, I would imagine, you are NOT as omniscient person as you would like people to believe.

Jun 17, 2014 3:28pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Lyn4U wrote:

Yeah, but it’s just all right for Netanyahu to do anything he wants whenever he wants to Palestinian kids. Detention without charges Israel does all the time. Read some of the Palestinian kids in Israel’s prisons were sexually abused, even tortured. Don’t know if so.

Kids are so helpless. UN plans to investigate what Israel is doing with Palestinian kids. Suspect Israel will not let the UN investigators into Israel but that remains to be seen.

Jun 17, 2014 4:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Nagant wrote:

Dear Mr. Robert MacMillan:
By tolerating some of those blatantly Anti-Semitic posts, Reuters appears to take responsibility for those views. Is that the official Reuters position?

Jun 17, 2014 4:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At PaulNadley please stop trying to debate Vulture TX he only makes you look stupid every time LoL!! By the way how come you never show any concern for the missing teens & always magically side with the fakestinans all the time? Could it be your an anti-Semite?

at KyleDexter your comment is so idiotic I don’t know where to even begin!

Jun 17, 2014 6:02pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At PaulNadley please stop trying to debate Vulture TX he only makes you look stupid every time LoL!! By the way how come you never show any concern for the missing teens & always magically side with the fakestinans all the time? Could it be your an anti-Semite?

at KyleDexter your comment is so idiotic I don’t know where to even begin!

Jun 17, 2014 6:02pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
PaulBradley wrote:

@MikeHockey

To help you sleep well – - Yes, I am anti-Zionist having being interest in the development of Zionism as well as Judaism along with all ‘Abrahamic’ religions for the past 30 years, as a hobby.

I am also, what some people would call, “Jewish” from my mother’s side and a Catholic from my father’s side. Fortunately, I became an Atheist and, therefore, was capable to develop, what I like to call, unobstructed way of thinking.

As far as the “Israeli youth missing” – - There is NO evidence of “kidnapping”, hence, as far as I know, they are missing, ‘causation’ not known. I believe it’s up to the Israeli police to investigate ‘missing persons’ cases rather for the Israeli government ordering the IDF to terrorize people that are ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

If you don’t agree with me, you might as well move to Russia – a country with a legal system that does NOT agree with this type of judicial process either . . .

Jun 17, 2014 7:09pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At PaulNadley first off I said you were an anti-Semite not an anti-Zionist or you simply can’t read! Second I claimed you always seem to side with the Fakestinians (which are NO different than Arabs) giving further evidence of the fact that your an anti-Semite & sympathizer or a people who commit acts of violence, which by the way does not speak very well on your behalf! Get a clue, get an education & just remember whether you like it or not Israel is not going anywhere anytime!! Ok IDIOT!! Trust me you will sleep better at night LoL!

Jun 17, 2014 9:50pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At PaulNadley first off I said you were an anti-Semite not an anti-Zionist or you simply can’t read! Second I claimed you always seem to side with the Fakestinians (which are NO different than Arabs) giving further evidence of the fact that your an anti-Semite & sympathizer or a people who commit acts of violence, which by the way does not speak very well on your behalf! Get a clue, get an education & just remember whether you like it or not Israel is not going anywhere anytime!! Ok IDIOT!! Trust me you will sleep better at night LoL!

Jun 17, 2014 9:50pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

Hi Robert MacMillan,

I appreciate the attempt to moderate in a moderate way. Way to go Reuters.

Jun 18, 2014 1:16am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

“MikeHocky” As I have already reminded you, when you use the term “fakestinians” that is the same as Holocaust denial.

Why must you engage in antisemitism and Holocaust denial?

Jun 18, 2014 1:20am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

Hey Paul, that comment back there where you addressed “MikeHockey” was completely masterful. Short, Sweet and factual.

Jun 18, 2014 1:23am EDT  --  Report as abuse
paul-B wrote:

“The Palestinian Information Ministry accused Israel of inflicting collective punishment with its West Bank dragnet – a charge echoed by several international human rights groups. ”

whatthehell??

no one is “accusing” Israel of collective punishment.
it is an obvious self evident fact that israel is carryout collective punishment.

Jun 18, 2014 7:41am EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

at BBS NO CLUE NEWS The difference, which your malfunctioning brain can’t comprehend is that the holocaust was a reality that no sensible person would deny (Except maybe a dimwit like yourself!)& the Palestinians are a fictitious group of people who are actually Arabs as genetics has proven time & again. Now do you get it STUPID! LoL!

Jun 18, 2014 9:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

at BBS NO CLUE NEWS The difference, which your malfunctioning brain can’t comprehend is that the holocaust was a reality that no sensible person would deny (Except maybe a dimwit like yourself!)& the Palestinians are a fictitious group of people who are actually Arabs as genetics has proven time & again. Now do you get it STUPID! LoL!

Jun 18, 2014 9:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

at BBS NO CLUE NEWS The difference, which your malfunctioning brain can’t comprehend is that the holocaust was a reality that no sensible person would deny (Except maybe a dimwit like yourself!)& the Palestinians are a fictitious group of people who are actually Arabs as genetics has proven time & again. Now do you get it STUPID! LoL!

Jun 18, 2014 9:36am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

Indeed “Hockey”, DNA evidence has proved that Palestinian and ancient Hebrews genes are intermingled. You’re not very bright are you?

One more thing, little twerps with nothing going on in their lives except some sort of violent sport usually name themselves after it, “hockey”, and get a “hockey” stick tattoo to impress the boyz, not girls in your case I’ve seen you CL posts, and then they try to be wannabe cute with little “lol’s” scattered on the ‘net like poodle turds. Whoof… What Holocaust?

Jun 18, 2014 11:09am EDT  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

@bbsnews
wow science really odes escape you.
DNA evidence proves that “palestinians” are intermingled with all arabs genotypes going back thousands of years. Their own history shows that they are a mixed group who interbred with any other group that allowed them to stay around. So yes jews, kurds, druze all share a genetic relation with palestinians, but that is not what you lied .

TLDR- palestinians are mongrels who wandered the lands as rejects from other cultures.

Jun 18, 2014 12:47pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At BBS NO CLUE Once again you STUPID IDIOT. Vulture TX proves what I have been claiming all along that the fakestinians are indeed nothing more than Arabs. But again your to DUMB to comprehend that, get an education & people will stop laughing at you & STOP TRYING TO CORRECT THE MISINFO YOU PURPOSEFULLY POST. No sorry but we are a little smarter than you seem to think!!

Jun 18, 2014 5:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At BBS NO CLUE Once again you STUPID IDIOT. Vulture TX proves what I have been claiming all along that the fakestinians are indeed nothing more than Arabs. But again your to DUMB to comprehend that, get an education & people will stop laughing at you & STOP TRYING TO CORRECT THE MISINFO YOU PURPOSEFULLY POST. No sorry but we are a little smarter than you seem to think!!

Jun 18, 2014 5:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At BBS NO CLUE Once again you STUPID IDIOT. Vulture TX proves what I have been claiming all along that the fakestinians are indeed nothing more than Arabs. But again your to DUMB to comprehend that, get an education & people will stop laughing at you & STOP TRYING TO CORRECT THE MISINFO YOU PURPOSEFULLY POST. No sorry but we are a little smarter than you seem to think!!

Jun 18, 2014 5:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MikeHockey wrote:

At BBS NO CLUE Once again you STUPID IDIOT. Vulture TX proves what I have been claiming all along that the fakestinians are indeed nothing more than Arabs. But again your to DUMB to comprehend that, get an education & people will stop laughing at you & STOP TRYING TO CORRECT THE MISINFO YOU PURPOSEFULLY POST. No sorry but we are a little smarter than you seem to think!!

Jun 18, 2014 5:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
bbsnews wrote:

Well Mr. Hockey, you sure have proven yourself (to be the sockpuppet of the carrion eater) and you are not smart enough to contradict the facts. When people like you use the term “fakestinian” it identifies you with Holocaust deniers.

You are historically wrong. You are wrong on the science. Indeed I believe your mother considers you wrong because you are living in her basement and posting garbage on the Internet.

In short, the facts run circles around you and you are making a fool out of yourself.

Jun 19, 2014 1:07am EDT  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

“fakestinian” it identifies you with Holocaust deniers.

wow quite delusional there @bbsnews
the two positions are the exact opposite, but then again you deny your status after the HuffPo ban, so I guess you are at least consistent.

/As for the genetics, please travel to Gaza and tell everyone there that their ancestors were Jews. Hell you can’t even post that on your own blog site; ’cause you supposed muslim friends in Hamas would threaten to kill you.
// and thanks again for outing yourself, Little Rudy Hess, you’re special!

Jun 19, 2014 10:34am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Alcans wrote:

Just as one thinks there’s some light in Middle East peace, this act occurs! To my memory, on a recent radio news cast, a Hamas leader gave a sympathetic statement on the Holocaust Memorial Day-what happened shouldn’t occur to anyone. What does kidnapping 3 teenage boys minding their own business really signify?
Worse, a Palestinian professor on a class project, went to a Nazi concentration camp to discuss the horrors of that place, time (began with the Soviets who exterminated their own ‘abnormal’ people) is seriously criticized for doing an ‘astonishing thing’.
How can there be peace with such polar divergent sentiments???

Jun 22, 2014 5:53pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.