Target Corp targeted for political donation

jonnyboy88 wrote:

It’s Tom Emmer, not “Emmers”.

Aug 03, 2010 4:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MJP1953 wrote:

Oh my you are so wrong people all over the country do care. The networking sites are full of comments from people in Nebraska, California, New York, Iowa on and on. National Day of Protest August 14. The backlash is growing by the minute.

Aug 03, 2010 4:41pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
nancyka wrote:

I won’t support anyone who gives support to an anti-gay candidate, be it for governor, senator, or dog catcher. I will not shop at Target again. I will switch to online purchases from responsible companies that stay out of politics. Just because the supreme court decided that corporations could make political contributions doesn’t make it right.

Aug 03, 2010 4:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
nancyka wrote:

Aug 03, 2010 4:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
kboudreau wrote:

If Target wants to make all things right, why not just donate an additional $150,000 to gay rights organizations?

Aug 03, 2010 6:32pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Deiloh wrote:

I hope that the boycott goes well. Regardless, ethics compels me to shop elsewhere. Back to School shopping this year, Kmart online.

Aug 03, 2010 7:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
pdxkren wrote:

No backlash outside of Minnesota? There’s a wave of protest forming out here in Oregon that begs to differ.

What the Supreme Court forgot in its ruling is that corporations are NOT people; they are made up of a wide array of disparate individuals with widely varying viewpoints. I submit that the voiceless thousands who patronize, work at or own shares of stock in Target are being denied THEIR rights by being having their money used to promote ideas that they find reprehensible.

Aug 03, 2010 7:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ferfer001 wrote:

I’m in Denver and I’ll boycot Target and Walmart. Corporations should stay out of politics. #4, 5, 6, & 7th wealthiest billionnaires in america are the Walton family-heirs to Walmart. They have contributed millions to the Republicans and special interest groups, like fighting paying estate taxes.

Walton, 60 (bio)
Wal-Mart billionaire
NEWSMEAT Power Rank: 87
Election Picks: 45 wins, 29 losses

Jim Walton (bio)
Wal-Mart billionaire; Arvest Bank ceo
NEWSMEAT Power Rank: 73
Election Picks: 67 wins, 48 losses

S Robson Walton (bio)
Wal-Mart chairman; billionaire
NEWSMEAT Power Rank: 44
Election Picks: 43 wins, 15 losses

Aug 04, 2010 1:18pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
pitbullll wrote:

Liberals are allowing MoveOn.org to herd them into a frenzy and get them all “wee-wee’d” up just in time for NOvember… like good little Democrats.

Where was the self-righteous indignation when Andy Stern confirmed that the SEIU spent $60 million to get Obama elected?

I’ll be shopping at Target even more now. Thanks, liberals, for showing us your true colors!!

Aug 04, 2010 7:21pm EDT  --  Report as abuse