Special Report: How a rogue trader crashed UBS

gregbrew56 wrote:

And yet businesses are “suffering” because of *excess* regulation? What’s wrong with this picture…

Sep 26, 2011 2:53pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MarketForce wrote:

No regulations needed. Banks will police themselves :)

Sep 26, 2011 3:23pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
JoeObserver wrote:

Investors are now demanding that heads must roll after this incident, so much so they are asking the bosses to do away with the existing staff and recruit new talents from the market.

Sep 26, 2011 4:46pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
MarketForce wrote:

You know your internal accounting controls might need some work when the French Police find out about the problem before you do.

Either UBS is REALLY stupid with money…. or the story of the ‘rogue trader’ goes much deeper.

Sep 26, 2011 6:40pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
gtaguy wrote:

I read maybe a quarter of what was written and i could only feel sick to my stomach.
I am not affected by this ongoing but it hurts me to see top execs still living it up even at a big meeting in their high priced suits, high profile locations, sipping expensive wine, looking sad as if they gave a rats arse. Pretending to worry as if it mattered to them. What have u not. All this on the back of the investor whose money u use to make yourselves rich and me rich eventually. but when it all comes down to the loses were the ones paying the bills and you guys are still living it up.
U digust me. We the petty investors stand to lose our shirts yet you guys fight for your jobs and expect a payout when kicked to the curb.. There is something seriously wrong in this world where rich lose focus and the investor gets it up the arse.. Financial institutions are payed by everyone handsomely for your services and its expected these kinds of things do not happen. If they do YOU(the institution) pay for it not the the investors.
Im just a middle of the class guy that is trying to make alittle something to leave my kids. I expect to lose my money on the market not on some schmuck that wants to reenact wall street the movie..

Next time the Ramada Inn down the street is a perfect place to make your meeting. 10 dollar wine is more then good for you. U don’t deserve better . greed at its highest level :(

Sep 26, 2011 7:56pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Ex-Patriot wrote:

Great article. Laying others off due to the actions of a few is quite sad.

Oct 01, 2011 5:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse