Harry Morgan of TV comedy 'M*A*S*H' dies, 96

333maxwell wrote:

Great respectable career ..

Thank you for the quality entertainment sir.

Dec 07, 2011 1:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sockmonkey wrote:

RIP Harry.

Colonel Potter was a classic character in a story line most Americans still don’t want to talk about.

Dec 07, 2011 1:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse

A sad day indeed! One of the greatest is gone. I salute you Harry Morgan.

Dec 07, 2011 1:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Vet_n_Yahoo wrote:

I always thought that man seemed evil, even as a kid watching him on Dragnet…evil. Turns out I was probably right. I’ve read that he was in trouble for spouse abuse even as a man in his 80s. Always had a sixth sense with people; usually right.

Dec 07, 2011 2:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
imCATATONIC wrote:

Most days the news is just bad, today it’s also very sad as we lose one very under rated actor and master of being everyman. Thanks for the memories Mr. Morgan and thanks to the family for loaning him to us for so long and at such a high level of quality in a world where it is so lacking!

Dec 07, 2011 2:22pm EST  --  Report as abuse
911014ever wrote:

Thank you, sir. R.I.P.

Dec 07, 2011 2:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
DeVoiD_AnGeL wrote:

Thank you for all the memories. I really liked you character in Mash. You can just “see” the heart of the actor come through in the character. I dont believe you can act a part you dont feel in you, or have in you.

My wife passed away recently (9th Nov 2011), and so I know the pain his wife must be going though. I know the pain he must have gone thorough after 45 years of marriage to his first wife who passed away. I can only say that I pray that the Lord sends His comforter, Jesus Christ, and that you find some peace there. May he rest with God. Jason.

Dec 07, 2011 2:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse
dibeanie wrote:

One of The Best. R.I.P. You will live on in film and not be forgotten.

Dec 07, 2011 3:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
lelier wrote:

Yes, one of the greatest is gone, God Bless you and your family. Rest In Peace, Sir.

Dec 07, 2011 7:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mr.W wrote:

4077th to the 777th!! RIP~Harry Morgan

Dec 07, 2011 7:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Htos1 wrote:

Godspeed,good sir!

Dec 07, 2011 7:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
putting4par wrote:

Harry was one of the good guys in Hollywood and he was born for his role MASH. RIP

Dec 07, 2011 8:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
iglooo101 wrote:

RIP..you will be remembered as a decent person

Dec 07, 2011 8:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse

You will be missed. God bless Harry.

Dec 07, 2011 8:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
narevitzer wrote:

What a sad day in American history. He was a great actor. Anything I ever watched growing up that had him in it was such a pleasure. I can’t even imagine MASH without him in it. I can’t even count how many episodes I’ve seen where he had some of the funniest, or even the most heart touching lines that would break a tear to your eye. He will be greatly missed!

Dec 07, 2011 8:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MrRik wrote:

A salute to you, Mr Morgan, from all your admirers in the UK. Thanks for the memories.

Dec 07, 2011 9:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
HAL.9000 wrote:

“RealFacts wrote:
Who are you thanking and saluting? If you read the article you will note that he is dead. He can’t recognize that nonsense. You all are truly and seriously out out of touch with reality!”
—————
People are thanking his memory, you idiot.

Dec 07, 2011 10:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
tiffykatt wrote:

I grew up watching Nick at Night and have always been a great fan of M*A*S*H. RIP Harry

Dec 08, 2011 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse