July 25 (Reuters) - Destination Maternity Corp
* Withdrawal of proposal to combine with Mothercare
* Announces that it does not intend to make an offer for Mothercare Plc and is withdrawing its proposal for a possible combination with Mothercare.
* CEO says withdrawal demonstrates that we will continue to maintain strict financial discipline in evaluating potential initiatives and opportunities
* Destination maternity is unwilling to increase value of its proposal and has therefore decided to withdraw its proposal
* Mothercare board and certain Mothercare shareholders presented concerns to Destination Maternity’s financial adviser regarding Destination Maternity’s ability to finance combination with Mothercare Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: