| NEW YORK, April 21
NEW YORK, April 21 Danisco DCO.CO
shareholders must decide soon whether to accept a $5.9 billion
buyout offer from DuPont (DD.N), its chief executive told them
on Thursday, implying that she would walk away if they do not.
"We've made our position clear: our offer is full, fair and
firm," the chemical company's CEO Ellen Kullman said on a
conference call with investors. "Danisco shareholders have a
choice to make between the certainty of our offer or the risks
of the deal going away."
The tender offer for the Danish company expires at the end
of the month, and DuPont has yet to get more than a small
fraction of Danisco shareholders to agree to the deal.
DuPont's offer represents a 25 percent premium to Danisco's
stock price just before it was announced in January.
China, where Danisco has several assets, approved the deal
earlier this month. This was the last regulatory approval
DuPont finance chief Nick Fanandakis told Reuters last week
that he was confident that the deal would be approved before
the end of April. [ID:nLDE73E1FK]
Kullman's comments came the same day DuPont posted
better-than-expected earnings and raised its full-year earnings
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder. Editing by Robert MacMillan)