BRUSSELS, March 27 The European Union agreed on
Thursday to partially drop its threat of action against Chinese
telecommunications equipment makers, seeking to resolve years of
tension over China's increasingly dominant mobile networks in
European Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said in April
last year that the European Commission planned to open an
anti-dumping and anti-subsidy case against China, but would
first seek to negotiate a solution with Chinese authorities.
De Gucht said on Thursday that the European Commission had
decided to drop the anti-dumping case threat, but not the threat
of opening an investigation into illegal subsidies.
(Reporting by Philip Blenkinsop and Robin Emmott; editing by