(Repeats with no changes to text of headline)
* Frontier Communications: Google Voice infringing patents
* Frontier wants Google's "one number" feature blocked
By Tom Hals
WILMINGTON, Del., June 22 Frontier Communications Corp FTR.N is suing to stop Google Inc (GOOG.O) from offering a service that gives users one phone number connecting their home, work and cell phones because it infringes a patent, according to a lawsuit filed on Tuesday.
Frontier, which provides phone, Internet access and satellite TV, also asked a federal court to award it damages for the infringement by the Google Voice service.
"Google's deliberate infringement of the (Frontier patent) has greatly and irreparably damaged Frontier," said the complaint, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Users of Google Voice can request a new phone number from the Internet company. That number is assigned to the user, not any particular device. When someone calls it, the user can decide where that calls rings, such as on a cell phone or home phone.
Frontier, which is based in Stamford, Connecticut, says that infringes its patent. Its patent application described its invention as one that allows a subscriber to "be reached on multiple telephone lines from a single dial-in number."
Frontier and Google, which is based in Mountain View, California, did not immediately return calls for comment.
The case is Frontier Communications Corp v Google Inc, U.S District Court, District of Delaware. (Editing by Derek Caney)
BRIEF-Real Goods Solar enters 2nd loan modification agreement with Solar Solutions And Distribution
* Entered into a second loan modification agreement to amended,restated loan agreement with Solar Solutions and Distribution, LLC Source: (http://bit.ly/2bBcSfc ) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Prometic Life Sciences to acquire Telesta Therapeutics
* ProMetic announces agreement to acquire Telesta Therapeutics Inc in all share transaction
BRIEF-Evine Live Q2 loss per share $0.03
* Q2 earnings per share view $-0.04 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S