BRIEF-Quest Diagnostics to acquire Cape Cod Healthcare outreach laboratory business
* Quest Diagnostics announces intent to acquire Cape Cod Healthcare outreach laboratory business in Massachusetts
* Q1 adj EPS $0.65 vs. est. $0.61
* Q1 rev up 7 pct
* Sees gradual improvement in sales volumes
* Reaffirms 2010 earnings view
Feb 24 Greif Inc (GEF.N), a maker of industrial packaging products, posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher sales across all its businesses, and backed its earnings outlook for 2010.
For the first quarter ended Jan. 31, the company posted earnings of $24.8 million, or 43 cents a share, compared with a loss of $2.3 million, or 3 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding certain items, it earned 65 cents a share.
Revenue rose 7 percent to $709.7 million.
Analysts on average expected earnings of 61 cents a share, on revenue of $682.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales in the industrial packaging segment rose 7 percent to $564.8 million.
The company reaffirmed its 2010 earnings view of $4.00 to $4.25 a share, and said it continues to expect a gradual improvement in sales volumes.
Shares of Greif closed at $49.45 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Amulya Nagaraj in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
* Files to say it raised $11.1 million in equity financing - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2tjZEey)