Nov 29 Cash Converters International Ltd
* Disappointed with decision to extend protected earnings
amount regulation to cover saccs provided to customers and limit
it to 10%
* Change will impact around 500,000 cash converters
customers who access short term cash advances
* "Also concerned that recommendation will artificially
restrict a customer's access to credit"
* Recommendations will only come into effect 12 months after
legislation passes through parliament
* "Impact of changes will not occur until at least 2018"
* Consumers most likely affected will be lowest income
* Refers to recommendation 1, which caps a customer's loan
repayments as a percentage of their net income
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage: