Nov 29 African Bank Limited-
* Loss for year r1 699 million, after goodwill impairment of r1 947 million
* FY net customer advances balances r20 111 million
* FY core equity tier 1 capital adequacy 31.5 pct
* Cash balances r12 862 million
* Loss for year for African Bank Holdings Limited r1 678 million, after goodwill impairment of r1 947 million Source text for Eikon:
Fed official stands by Wall St reforms, says must complete work
NEW YORK, Dec 3 The United States "absolutely must" complete unfinished work ending the too-big-to-fail bank problem that helped plunge the global economy into recession eight years ago, an influential Federal Reserve policymaker said on Saturday.
'Drop those rates' Turkey's Erdogan says in new appeal for lower borrowing costs
ANKARA, Dec 3 Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday repeated his call for lower interest rates and said the government would take steps to ensure cheaper borrowing costs to promote consumption and economic growth.