Sept 21 (Reuters) -
* The Norwegian Seafood Federation hopes industry will
achieve flat year-on-year salmon output in Norway in 2017 after
5-6 percent drop in 2016 -head of aquaculture Jon Arne Groettum
* Groettum: "We expect a decline in salmon production of 5-6
pct in 2016 compared to 2015."
* "For 2017 it's difficult to predict but we hope we could
achieve the same production as in 2016."
* "Our perspective is that the we had growth continuously
since the start-up of the salmon industry in 1971 despite a lot
of troubles, but since 2012 we've seen stagnation in output."
* Norway is the world's top salmon exporter with volumes
more than double that of second-placed producer Chile
* Leading producers include Marine Harvest, Salmar
, Leroy Seafood, Grieg Seafood and
Norway Royal Salmon
(Reporting by Ole Petter Skonnord, editing by Terje Solsvik)