Alcatel-Lucent named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review
Recognition for the third year running of Alcatel-Lucent and Bell Labs' "consistent definition of standards in eco-innovation in the information and communications technology industry"
Paris, September 12, 2013 - Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has today been named by S&P Dow Jones Indices, one of the world's largest providers of financial market indices, and RobecoSAM, the investment specialist focused exclusively on sustainability investing, as leader of the Technology Hardware & Equipment industry group in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review with an overall score of 91/100.
- In its 2013 report on Alcatel-Lucent, DJSI/Robeco SAM said: "Alcatel-Lucent and its research organization Bell Laboratories have consistently defined standards in eco-innovation in the information and communications technology (ICT) industry" and notes that, currently, "10% of the company's patents are dedicated to green innovation.
- The report also notes that 2012 saw the company introduce the Alcatel-Lucent Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) estimator, a tool providing product carbon footprint information on new products, developed in conjunction with the iNEMI industry consortium.
- The DJSI report also notes how Alcatel-Lucent is "...actively involved in funding university collaborations for green research, and also works with other industry players through initiatives such as the GreenTouch Consortium...and the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications."
- This is the third year in a row, Alcatel-Lucent has been recognized in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The company was named Technology Supersector Leader in 2012 and leader of the CMT Communications Technology Sector in 2011.
- Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices pioneered tracking of the financial performance of the world's leading sustainability-driven companies. Based on the cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes and RobecoSAM, it provides asset managers with reliable and objective benchmarks to manage sustainability portfolios. In addition to financial performance, the index assesses a comprehensive range of sustainability areas, including environmental, management of human resources, community support and philanthropic.
To read full details of how Alcatel-Lucent performed in the 2013 DJSI review, and how it achieved its status as Industry Group Leader to Technology Hardware & Equipment, please visit: http://www.sustainability-indices.com/images/Industry_Group_Leader_TechnologyHardwareEquipment_tcm1071-372612.pdf
Read DJSI's full press release: http://www.sustainability-indexes.com/images/120913-djsi-review-2012-e-vdef_tcm1071-343064.pdf
For more information on Alcatel-Lucent's Sustainability priorities and activities, please visit: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/sustainability/
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises and institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world's foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies". Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.
Alcatel-Lucent Press ContactsSIMON POULTER email@example.com T : +33 (0)1 40 76 50 84
KURT STEINERT firstname.lastname@example.org T : +1 908 285 1641
ALCATEL-LUCENT INVESTOR RELATIONSFRANK MACCARY email@example.com T : + 33 (0)1 40 76 12 11
TOM BEVILACQUA firstname.lastname@example.org T : + 1 908-582-7998
CORALIE SPAETER email@example.com T : +33 (0)1 40 76 49 08
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Alcatel-Lucent via Thomson Reuters ONE