Broadband InfoVision Award Winners Announced
The prestigious Broadband InfoVision Awards tonight acknowledged the foremost companies from around the globe that are leading the way in the broadband market place. The Awards evening, which took place as part of the Broadband World Forum, welcomed over 300 of the industry’s elite to celebrate innovation and excellence in the industry.
Considered a mark of excellence in the industry, the Awards took place in the Little Buddha Amsterdam and were judged by a panel of independent experts including key individuals from: UN Broadband Commission; Amsterdam Internet Exchange; BSkyB; BT Openreach; Deutsche Telekom; Informa Telecoms & Media; KT, Korea; PCCW, Hong Kong; and Telstra, Australia.
Mark Dawson, Research Manager and Head of Content & Partnerships for the Broadband World Forum, said: “The past twelve months have seen enormous technological change and a real acceleration in the capabilities of the broadband industry. The quality of entries we received for the Broadband InfoVision Awards are a tribute to the exciting and innovative work being carried out globally. Our judges had an extremely challenging task of deciding the winners for 2013 and we are delighted to recognise the award winners as some of the most innovative companies in the broadband industry today.”
The full list of winners:
- Best Broadband Partnership Award - Ruckus Wireless
- Best Broadband Transport Award – Huawei
- Broadband Home Award - Qualcomm Atheros
- Best Broadband Cloud Award - YTL Communications Sdn. Bhd
- Best Broadband Access Award: Wireless – Ericsson
- Best Broadband Access Award: Fixed - Alcatel-Lucent
- Best Broadband Experience Award - Belgacom SA
- Best Broadband Opex Management Award - Turkcell Superonline
- Best Broadband Enabler Award - Ikanos Communications
- Broadband: Changing Lives Award - Portugal Telecom PT
- Outstanding Contribution to Driving Greater Broadband Penetration Award - Openreach, a BT Group Business
- Best Service Innovation with SuperFast Broadband Networks - Deutsche Telekom AG
- Broadband Home Award - Huawei
- Best Broadband Cloud Award - Alcatel-Lucent
- Best Broadband Access Award: Wireless – ASSIA
- Best Broadband Access Award: Fixed – ASSIA
- Best Broadband Experience Award - WeFi, Inc
- Outstanding Contribution to Driving Greater Broadband Penetration Award - Telkom Indonesia
2013’s Awards evolved from a formal ceremony to an exciting new networking format, which allowed attendees to interact and celebrate with their peers, make new contacts and strengthen business relationships. Two new categories were also launched in the line up this year, including: Outstanding Contribution to Driving Greater Broadband Penetration and Best Service Innovation with SuperFast Broadband Networks.
For more information about the Broadband InfoVision Awards 2013 please visit the website at broadbandinfovisionawards.com. The Broadband World Forum is currently taking place at the RAI Exhibition and Conference Centre, Amsterdam. Keep up to date with the event on Twitter @BBWorldForum or by using #BBWF.
About Broadband World Forum
Broadband World Forum is the world’s largest broadband event attracting thousands of decision-makers from across the globe. Now celebrating its 13th year, the event is the only place to meet the entire broadband industry in one place at one time. The programme will be delivered by over 400 visionary speakers and panellists with over 200 exhibitors showcasing ground-breaking broadband technologies, applications, solutions and services.
About Informa Telecoms & Media
Informa Telecoms and Media (www.informatandm.com) organises 125 global annual events, attended by more than 70,000 executives worldwide. With a focus on quality content, Informa Telecoms and Media deliver a key audience of decision-makers from the mobile, fixed, alternative, wholesale, MVNO, broadband and satellite operator communities. Informa Telecoms and Media is also the leading provider of business intelligence and strategic services to the global telecoms and media markets. Driven by constant first-hand contact with the industry, its 90 analysts and researchers produce a range of intelligence services including news and analytical products, in depth market reports and datasets focussed on technology, strategy and content.