May 22 (Reuters) - Liberty Holdings Ltd
* Group long-term insurance indexed new business increased to R1.6 billion for three months ended 31 march .
* Investment markets were relatively subdued for quarter resulting in lower earnings from shareholder investment portfolio compared to equivalent 2013 period.
* Assets under management across group at 31 march 2014 are R612 billion.
* Corporate indexed new business of R147 million is 11 percent below comparable period in 2013; is reflective of lumpy nature of business
* Retail insurance segment improved indexed new business for period by 9 percent, with single premium investment new business up 29 percent to R4.5 billion gross inflow Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: