KUALA LUMPUR Aug 30 Malaysian mobile phone
operator Axiata Group Bhd said in a filing to the
local stock exchange on Thursday:
* Q2 ended June 30 net profit rose marginally to 666.64
million ringgit ($213.43 million) from 663.05 million ringgit a
* Revenue rose 9.3 percent year-on-year to 4.42 billion
ringgit on better performance at Celcom Axiata Bhd, PT XL Axiata
Tbk, Dialog Axiata PLC, Robi Axiata Ltd.
* The company said it will pay an interim tax exempt
dividend of eight sen.
* Net profit for the six months period ended June 30 rose
marginally to 1.23 billion ringgit, making up 46.24 percent of
the 2.66 billion ringgit full year profit estimate of analysts
tracked by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
* "Moving into the second half of the year we are pleased to
note that we are very much on track to meet headline key
performance indicators," Axiata's president and group CEO
* Its shares rose 0.17 percent to 6.00 ringgit per share on
Thursday, outperforming the Malaysian benchmark stock index's
0.03 percent drop.
($1 = 3.1235 Malaysian ringgit)
(Reporting By Yantoultra Ngui; Editing By Siva Sithraputhran)