Oct 15 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Swiss Re is considering selling Aurora National
Life Assurance Co as it retreats from the U.S. life and health
insurance market, people familiar with the matter told
* The creditors of Energy Future Holdings
remain at odds over how to split the Texas power company's
equity in an expected bankruptcy as their confidentiality
agreements lapse, several sources familiar with the matter said
* Emulex Corp has held talks with a few private
equity firms, including Francisco Partners LP, Thoma Bravo LLC
and Thomas H. Lee Partners LP about selling itself, but a deal
remains uncertain for the struggling chip maker, according to
several people familiar with the matter.
* Spanish telecoms group Telefonica has started
preparing the sale of its $3.6 billion stake in its listed Czech
unit, three sector bankers closely following the process but not
directly involved said on Monday.
* Brazilian phone company TIM Participaçoes SA is
not up for sale, its chief executive told a local newspaper,
denying reports that Telecom Italia SpA wants to sell
its 67 percent stake.