Oct 30 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Australia's Nine Entertainment Co Pty Ltd is
seeking to raise as much as $570 million in an initial public
offering, a person familiar with the process said, a move that
will help the troubled TV network pay down debt.
* Energy Future Holdings (EFH), the embattled Texas power
generator, is planning to make a $270 million interest payment
due on Friday, according to a person familiar with the matter.
* Barrick Gold, which is attempting to reduce its
debt load, is considering a wide range of options from a
strategic equity investment to further streaming deals that
yield upfront cash, according to several sources familiar with
* US Airways Group and American Airlines are
considering giving up takeoff and landing slots at Washington's
Ronald Reagan National Airport to win regulator approval of
their $11 billion merger, two people familiar with the matter
* China's Bank of Chongqing Co Ltd has priced its
Hong Kong initial public offering (IPO) at HK$6.00 each,
slightly below the mid-point of a marketing range, people
familiar with the matter said on Thursday, putting the deal
value at HK$4.25 billion ($548 million).