Dec 18 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* William Morris Endeavor Entertainment LLC (WME), the
talent agency backed by private equity firm Silver Lake, is near
a deal to acquire peer IMG Worldwide for about $2.3 billion,
according to a person familiar with the matter.
* IMS Health Inc has hired JPMorgan Chase & Co Inc
to lead a proposed initial public offering that could value the
private equity-owned healthcare information company at close to
$10 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
* The U.S. Justice Department is preparing to file civil
fraud charges against Citigroup Inc and Bank of America's
Merrill Lynch unit over their sale of flawed mortgage
securities ahead of the financial crisis, according to people
familiar with the probes.
* Operators at BP Plc's 405,000 barrel per day (bpd)
Whiting, Indiana, refinery continued to prep a new 102,000 bpd
coking unit for regular production on Tuesday, according to
sources familiar with operations at the refinery.
* Brazil's state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA
plans to restart crude-oil processing at its damaged
REPAR Refinery on Dec. 18, a day later than the company
expected, according to the union at the refinery and a
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on