Jan 10 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Goldman Sachs-owned miner Colombian National
Resources has halted coal exports from the Andean nation because
it cannot comply with a new environmental law governing port
operations, a company source said on Thursday.
* A 70,000 barrel per day crude distillation unit was not
shut on Wednesday at BP Plc.'s 405,000 bpd Whiting,
Indiana, refinery contrary to a report by an energy industry
intelligence service, sources familiar with operations at the
refinery said on Thursday.
* Montagu Private Equity has entered advanced talks with
Rexam to buy the British beverage can maker's healthcare
packaging unit, in a deal expected to value Rexam Healthcare at
about 500 million pounds, two people familiar with the
transaction told Reuters.
* Hellman & Friedman LLC is exploring a sale of Catalina
Marketing Corp, which claims to have the world's largest shopper
history database and could fetch as much as $2.5 billion,
according to three people familiar with the
* Singapore property firm Overseas Union Enterprise
is looking to raise at least S$346 million ($272
million) through the listing of a commercial real estate
investment trust in the city-state's first major IPO this year,
two sources said.
* An empowered group of ministers led by Finance Minister P
Chidamabaram on Thursday deferred a decision on the divestment
of Indian Oil Corporation, after stiff opposition from
the petroleum ministry, Business Standard reported. Sources said
the stake sale was now likely only in the next financial year.
* Sources with direct knowledge share that Anand Mahindra's
Tech Mahindra is keen on buying Jignesh Shah's
Financial Technologies if the promoter is asked to
sell his stake as part of the NSEL scam proceedings.()
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on