Jan 22 The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Comcast Corp has added Barclays PLC as an adviser as the top U.S. cable provider evaluates a potential deal for Time Warner Cable Inc, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Amazon is in the early stages of developing a pay-TV streaming service with live programming, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
* Macquarie Group and Glencore Xstrata have joined forces to bid for Royal Dutch Shell's Australian refining and retail business, the Australian Financial Review (AFR) reported on Wednesday.
* Bharti Airtel has put the company's Bangladesh tower assets on its divestiture list as the world's fourth largest mobile telephony firm seeks to raise more than $2 billion from selling its infra networks to bolster cash reserves, The Economic Times reported, citing people directly aware of the matter. ()
* The Kishore Chhabria-led Allied Blenders and Distillers (ABD) is looking to acquire a majority stake in Tilaknagar Industries and has started raising $200 million to fund acquisition, Business Standard reported. ()
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on