BRIEF-Fred's Inc provides update on agreement with Alden
* Fred's Inc- cooperation agreement with Alden provides 1 alden designee will resign from board if Alden's ownership falls below 10 pct of outstanding shares
May 16 The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Malaysia's largest convenience store chain, 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Bhd, has raised about 732 million ringgit ($226.91 million) in a share sale priced at the top of expectations, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deal.
* Credit Suisse Group AG is expected to plead guilty and pay more than $2.5 billion to U.S. authorities to resolve charges that the Swiss bank helped Americans evade U.S. taxes, people familiar with the discussions said on Thursday.
* UK discount retailer B&M is poised to announce its plans for a London listing next week in a deal which could be worth at least 2 billion pounds ($3.4 billion), several people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
* Uber Technologies Inc, which arranges car rides on demand, is in talks to secure a new round of financing from private equity investors that may value the company at more than $10 billion, Bloomberg cited people with knowledge of the situation as saying.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Esha Vaish in Bangalore)
* Highbridge Capital Management Reports 5.34 pct passive stake in Immunogen Inc as of April 13 Source text: (http://bit.ly/2opbbaB) Further company coverage: