May 21 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* The top foundation shareholder of Italy's Banca Carige
is placing a 15 percent stake in the lender in a range
of 0.435 to 0.48 euros per share, a market source said on
* State investor 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) has won a
six-month extension on a 6.17 billion ringgit ($1.9 billion)
bridge loan, giving it more time to launch a planned IPO of its
power assets to cut the debt, people familiar with the matter
* Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC is in advanced talks to
acquire wound care company Healogics Inc from private equity
peer Metalmark Capital Holdings LLC for around $1 billion,
according to people familiar with the matter.
* Private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC is close to a deal
to acquire Wencor Group LLC, a manufacturer of commercial
aircraft parts, for between $800 million and $900 million,
people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
* The private equity owner of Pro Mach Inc is exploring a
sale of the packaging equipment maker that could value it at
close to $1 billion, according to people familiar with the
matter, the latest in a wave of such deals in the sector.
* UK holiday-to-insurance firm Saga has covered the books
for the 550 million pounds ($926.67 million) of new shares it is
issuing in its London initial public offering, two sources
familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
(Compiled by Esha Vaish in Bangalore)