June 6 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* A consortium of private equity firms led by KKR & Co LP
has agreed to invest about $270 million for a stake of
up to 70 percent in COFCO Meat, a subsidiary of China's
state-owned COFCO Group, a source with direct knowledge of the
* Deutsche Boerse is considering selling its
International Securities Exchange (ISE), a source familiar with
the company's thinking said on Thursday.
* Pilgrim's Pride Corp, the second largest U.S.
chicken processor, has lined up a number of banks to help
finance its offer for Hillshire Brands Co as it
escalates its bidding war with Jimmy Dean sausage maker Tyson
Foods Inc, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Video games retailer, Game Digital IPO-GAME.L is to be
valued at up to 360 million pounds ($604.47 million) in its
London share flotation, sources familiar with the matter told
Reuters on Thursday.
* Arista Networks Inc shares have been priced at
$43 each, the Wall Street Journal said, citing sources, valuing
the network switch maker at about $2.75 billion.
* Refresco Gerber, a Dutch soft drinks bottler backed by
private equity firms including 3i Group, is considering
a UK listing that could take place as soon as this year, the
Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing four sources.
* Britain's Automobile Association (AA) is planning a 4
billion pound ($6.72 billion) stock market flotation that its
parent, Acromas Holdings, could announce as early as Friday, Sky
News reported on its website.
* Private equity firm Everstone Capital is in talks to buy
up to 30 percent stake in India's Essel Group company, the
Economic Times reported, citing three people with direct
knowledge of the development. (link.reuters.com/syp89v)
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
($1 = 0.5956 British Pounds)
(Compiled by Aastha Agnihotri in Bangalore)