Aug 26 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Berkshire Hathaway Inc Chairman and CEO Warren
Buffett is helping finance Burger King Worldwide Inc's
takeover of Canadian chain Tim Hortons Inc, the Wall
Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Chevron Corp has been searching for up to $1.5
billion of equity investment to help develop its Duvernay shale
formation assets in Canada and contacted potential investors
including private-equity firms, according to people familiar
with the matter.
* Amazon.com Inc has agreed to buy live-streaming
gaming network Twitch for more than $1 billion, the Wall Street
Journal reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.
* Citigroup and HSBC are among five banks
chosen to manage India's planned sale of a stake in state oil
company Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), three sources
with direct knowledge of the development said on Monday.
* Singapore's sovereign wealth fund is in talks to buy a
Tokyo office tower for about 170 billion yen ($1.6 billion),
three people with knowledge of the deal said, in what would be
Japan's biggest property transaction since the financial
* Samsung SDS Co Ltd, the IT services affiliate of Samsung
Group, has applied for preliminary listing approval on the South
Korean stock exchange, two people with direct knowledge said on
* South Korean defence company LIG Nex1 Co chose Woori
Investment & Securities and Korea Investment &
Securities to advise its planned IPO, sources with direct
knowledge of the deal said on Monday.
* About a quarter of Malaysia Airlines' 20,000
staff are likely to lose their jobs under a restructuring plan
for the loss-making airline hit by two separate jet disasters
this year, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
* Greece plans to reopen its recent three- and five-year
bond issues in the next two weeks, to top them up by as much as
1.5 billion euros ($1.97 billion), accepting T-bills as payment
instead of cash, a senior government source told Reuters.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
(Compiled by Shivam Srivastava in Bangalore)