Aug 29 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Transtar Industries Inc, a U.S. distributor of replacement
car parts, is exploring a sale that it hopes could value the
company at as much as $1 billion, including debt, according to
people familiar with the matter.
* U.S. cable TV provider Liberty Global will gain
EU antitrust approval to acquire Ziggo on condition
it sells a pay TV channel and doesn't block rivals from its
internet network, two people familiar with the matter said on
* RHB Capital Bhd, Malaysia's fourth-largest
lender by assets, is discussing the sale of its investment
banking unit if a planned merger with two rivals proceeds,
people familiar with the plan said on Thursday.
* Deutsche Telekom AG sees potential offers which
value its T-Mobile US Inc unit at $35 a share as being
substantially too low, a person familiar with the matter said on
Thursday, countering a report from Bloomberg.
* Johnson & Johnson plans to seek a buyer for its
medical device maker business, Cordis Corp, The Wall Street
Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Mobile payment startup Square Inc, co-founded by Twitter
Inc Chairman Jack Dorsey, is in talks to raise $200
million, at a valuation of $6 billion, Bloomberg reported,
citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
(Compiled by Shivam Srivastava in Bangalore)