Dec 21 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media on Friday:
* General Motors Co's loss-making Opel division
agreed to sell six European facilities to its U.S. parent in
return for winning extended funding, according to Frankfurter
* The French government is trying to arrange a deal in which
France Telecom SA would acquire part of Alcatel-Lucent
SA's submarine cable unit, seen as a 'strategic'
asset, French business daily Les Echos reported.
* French luxury group PPR SA is in exclusive talks
to sell its Cyrillus and Vert Baudet children's apparel brands
to investment fund Alpha, online newspaper Wansquare reported.
* Six bulge bracket private equity funds have been
short-listed to purchase a 70 percent stake owned by private
equity fund Warburg Pincus LLC in the unlisted Alliance
Tire Group, a specialised off-highway tyre maker, the Economic
Times reported citing three people with direct knowledge of the
* A secretive start-up founded by the man who popularized
the Slingbox has been in talks with companies considering buying
it, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people close to the
company. Microsoft Corp, Google Inc and Apple
Inc have been cited as participants.