(Adds items on YouTube, Direct Line, Karstadt and Mondelez)
July 14 The following corporate finance-related
stories were reported by media:
* Swiss chocolate maker Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Spruengli
is in advanced discussions to acquire family-owned U.S.
candy business Russell Stover, according to a source familiar
with the matter.
* Shire Plc is seeking a higher takeover offer from
U.S. drugmaker AbbVie Inc that would value the company
at about 31 billion pounds ($53 billion), according to people
familiar with the matter.
* U.S. generic drugmaker Mylan Inc is in advanced
talks to acquire a multibillion-dollar portfolio of established
products from Abbott Laboratories, people familiar with
the matter said.
* Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp is in
advanced discussions to buy insurance claims services provider
York Risk Services Group Inc for more than $1.3 billion, people
following the situation said on Friday.
* Google's YouTube has embarked on a new round of
discussions with Hollywood and independent producers to fund
premium content, two sources with knowledge of the talks told
Reuters, a move that could bolster a three-year-old
multimillion-dollar effort that has had mixed success so far.
* British insurer Direct Line is in advanced talks
with several industry players to sell its operations in Germany
and Italy, two sources close to the deal said.
* Austrian investor Rene Benko is not interested in taking
control of German department store chain Karstadt, Focus
magazine reported on Sunday, citing company sources.
* Oreo cookies maker Mondelez International Inc is
separating its European cheese and grocery business into a
standalone entity in a move that could lead to a sale or
spinoff, Bloomberg reported, citing a source.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
(Compiled by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore)