(Adds GF Securities Co Ltd, Barclays PLC)
Aug 12 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* China’s $653 billion sovereign wealth fund, China Investment Corp, is in talks to buy Dublin-based aircraft leasing firm Avolon for $4 billion to $5 billion including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Swiss dental-implant maker Nobel Biocare has attracted interest from possible buyers including U.S. conglomerate Danaher Corp and buyout group EQT Partners, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
* Apple Inc’s suppliers have begun manufacturing new iPad tablets in an attempt to revive flagging sales of the tablet, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
* Property lender Aareal Bank has agreed on the terms of the repayment of a final tranche of state aid to German bank bailout fund Soffin, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* GF Securities Co Ltd, one of China's largest brokerages, has chosen banks for its planned initial public offering of up to $1 billion in Hong Kong this year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the situation. (on.wsj.com/1sLmDVK)
* A Barclays PLC trading team that is leaving this year to start a quantitative investment firm will take 60 employees with them, adding to Wall Street's migration to the $2.8 trillion hedge-fund industry, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the plans. (bloom.bg/1uISxDI)
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Rama Venkat Raman in Bangalore)