LONDON Feb 7 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
down 2-6 points, or as much as 0.1 percent lower on Thursday, according to
financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please
* The FTSE 100 closed up 12.58 points, or 0.2 percent, at 6,295.34
on Wednesday, having risen 0.6 percent the previous session after suffering its
sharpest one-day percentage drop in three months on Monday.
* In terms of domestic economic data, UK December industrial and
manufacturing output figures alongside UK December trade balance figures are set
for release at 0930 GMT, with the February Bank of England rate decision due at
* Across the Atlantic, the latest U.S. weekly jobless claims data is due at
* Interdealer broker Tullett Prebon rose on Wednesday on whispers
of a potential takeover, according to the Times's market report, although no
details were provided.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
VODAFONE GROUP issues a trading update.
ICAP issues a third-quarter trading update.
SMITH & NEPHEW unveils fourth-quarter results.
TUI TRAVEL reveals first-quarter results.
THOMAS COOK GROUP issues a trading update.
AVON RUBBER issues a trading update.
BEAZLEY posts full-year results.
BELLWAY issues a trading update.
COMPASS GROUP issues a trading update.
MCBRIDE reveals first-half results.
OCADO GROUP reports full-year results.
PARAGON GROUP holds its annual general meeting.
SUPERGROUP issues a third-quarter trading update.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright)