LONDON, March 26 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen
opening up 15 to 17 points, or as much as 0.27 percent higher, with some
bargain-hunters looking to take advantage of the market fall after the Cyprus
bailout deal to buy stocks, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the
factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent, or 14.38 points lower, at
6,378.38 points on Monday.
* London copper was steady on Tuesday, erasing earlier gains as a flurry of
technical buying faded and as traders cut risk on worries that strict terms on a
bailout for Cyprus may serve as a template for Europe.
* On the macroeconomic front, CBI distributive trades data for the UK is due
to be published at 1100 GMT, while U.S. durable goods and consumer confidence
data is published at 1230 GMT and 1400 GMT respectively.
* CYPRUS: The president of Cyprus assured his people a bailout deal he
struck with the European Union was in their best interests, but banks will
remain closed until Thursday - and even then subject to capital controls to
prevent a run on deposits. [ID:nL5N0CH4B2 ]
* RIO TINTO : Mongolia-focused coal miner SouthGobi Resources Ltd
posted a hefty loss for 2012 as Ulan Bator forced it to
suspend its only producing mine in response to a takeover bid from China's
state-owned Chalco . But SouthGobi, which is now controlled
by Rio Tinto Ltd has resumed operation and aims to produce 3.2 million tonnes of
semi-soft coking coal this year, its president and chief executive, Ross
Tromans, told Reuters in a telephone interview.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
COMPASS The services group issues a trading update.
DAILY MAIL The media group hosts an investor day.
KAZAKHMYS The miner reports full-year results.
KINGFISHER The retailer publishes full-year results.
RESOLUTION The insurer posts full-year results.
WOLSELEY The building materials group posts H1 figures.
BELLWAY The housebuilder posts H1 results.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)