LONDON, March 28 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen
opening down 15-18 points, or as much as 0.3 percent on Thursday, according to
financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please
* The UK blue chip index closed down 11.81 points, or 0.2 percent at
6,387.56 on Wednesday.
* British consumer morale held steady for a third straight month in March,
remaining 5 points higher than at the same time last year, a survey by market
researchers GfK NOP showed.
* British house prices were 0.8 percent higher this month than a year ago,
data from mortgage lender Nationwide showed, the first time prices have risen in
annual terms since February 2012.
* Across the Atlantic, the final reading of U.S. fourth-quarter GDP is due
at 1230 GMT, along with U.S. weekly jobless claims data.
* LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE said shareholders have approved the
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright)