LONDON, April 5 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
2 points higher, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors
affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index ended down 76.16 points, or 1.2 percent, at
6,344.12 on Thursday, its lowest finish since Feb. 27, after an unexpected rise
in weekly U.S. jobless claims which raised questions about the strength of
recovery in the world's largest economy.
* The focus on Friday will be on U.S. March non-farm payrolls data, set for
release at 1230 GMT, expected to show employers added 200,000 new jobs.
* CHARIOT OIL & GAS : The oil explorer rose late on Thursday amid a
myriad of speculation including one that oil giant BP was interested in
buying the firm, according the Times market report, which also cited talk that
HRT, a big latin American oil company drilling near Chariot's prospect off
Namibia, had struck and struck big.
* EASYJET narrowed its first-half pretax loss guidance to 60-65
million pounds. The airline also said March passengers were up 5.3 percent.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright)