LONDON Jan 21 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures up 0.3 percent by 0732 GMT before the cash market open.
* Asian shares rose on Tuesday after the Chinese central bank offered emergency funds to cool money market rates and ease the country's latest cash crunch.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 7.43 points, or 0.1 percent, at 6,836.73 points on Monday, having hit an eight-month high at 6,840 points on Friday.
* In terms of domestic economic data, January CBI trends orders are due at 1100 GMT.
* The International Monetary Fund is set to upgrade its growth forecast for the UK more than any other major economy, according to media reports.
* UNILEVER : The consumer goods maker reported a decline in full-year turnover, as sales were hit by a slowdown in some emerging markets.
* SABMILLER : The brewer reported higher third-quarter sales, helped by increases in lager and soft drinks.
* ROLLS-ROYCE : The engineer is expected to make a public offer on the Finnish ship and power plant engine maker Wartsila, a Finnish newspaper reported, citing unnamed investors.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit