LONDON Feb 14 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
flat to lower on Friday, with March futures on the index down 0.1
percent at 0729 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 15.61 points, or 0.2 percent, at
6,659.42 points on Thursday.
* Brent crude slid toward $108 a barrel on Friday, on track for a modest
weekly decline, as downbeat U.S. economic data outweighed supply disruptions in
Libya and Angola. London copper edged up, underpinned by a weaker dollar, but
was set to close the week little changed.
* ANGLO AMERICAN : The global miner said on Friday its large Minas
Rio project was on track to deliver iron ore by the end of the year, as it
posted a forecast-beating increase in 2013 operating profit.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL : The oil major is planning to sell three oil
and gas producing assets in the North Sea, according to reports in the British
* BP : A U.S. appeals court on Thursday revived a shareholder lawsuit
against BP over statements the company made in the wake of a 2006 oil spill in
* VODAFONE : The telecoms group said on Friday its Indian unit has
acquired spectrum licences in 11 telecom circles in India for 1.9 billion
* PENNON GROUP : The water and waste firm said it remains on track to
meet management expectations.
* SEVERN TRENT : The water company said it plans to raise its
dividend for 2013/14 by 6 percent to 80.40 pence.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit